walmart grocery pick up service

saljo

Earning My Ears
Has anyone used the free grocery pick up at a nearby Walmart? Are the packages usually ready to load without a long wait? We are driving from Texas and staying in the cabins at Fort Wilderness. Since we will be hauling luggage for six people, space is going to be limited. I really don't want to take up space with groceries but really don't want to spend a lot of time shopping when we get there either! We have checked Garden Grocer, Publix and Amazon Prime but they seem really pricey. I thought if we ordered from Walmart on line my husband could run and pick them up while we unpack and settle in. If the packages just needed to be loaded in the car when he gets there it should not take long. I have friends that swear by the service here but was just wondering if the pick up process runs as smoothly near the Disney Resorts since so many people may be taking advantage of it. Thanks

I've never used that, but have you compared Safeway? Their prices are pretty comparable to Safeway at home here, and they deliver. They are much better with pricing than GG (although I've used them many times, before Safeway started to deliver at Disney which is a recent thing).

Not sure but they may have to deliver to the check in area, but it would be easier to get it there than to have to drive to Walmart. They offer one hour windows too.

I have used the pickup at the Clermont Walmart several times and every time it came out immediately. We were parked for less than 5 minutes. Everything was packaged nicely and they load everything in the car for you. I would definitely recommend.

Thank you!
I was not aware of Safeway. Their prices are much more reasonable.

The Clermont Walmart is the one we were looking in to. I think we are going to give it a try; that way if we need to pick up any last minute items forgotten we can do it at the same time.

I don't know if it has everything you need, but we've used Garden Grocer with excellent success. You tell them what time and day you're arriving, and they deliver everything, with perishable items stored in a refrigerator by the lobby staff until you arrive. They do charge a delivery fee, but if you order 60 days out, the discount they provide on the goods you purchase all but cancels out that fee. According to their website, they will deliver to Fort Wilderness.

I don't know if it has everything you need, but we've used Garden Grocer with excellent success. You tell them what time and day you're arriving, and they deliver everything, with perishable items stored in a refrigerator by the lobby staff until you arrive. They do charge a delivery fee, but if you order 60 days out, the discount they provide on the goods you purchase all but cancels out that fee. According to their website, they will deliver to Fort Wilderness.
Also for Walmart there is a $10 off your first purchase of $50 code you can find online.

Thank you!

The Clermont Walmart is the one we were looking in to. I think we are going to give it a try; that way if we need to pick up any last minute items forgotten we can do it at the same time.
I used this Walmart to do an online order for dd to pick up...she lives right across the street. She was instructed to call when she is leaving her apt, and then again when she arrives. They promptly brought out her order...it worked like a charm. And there were no delivery charges and tips to worry about like you have with Garden Grocer...although I've used them before and been very happy!!!

Thank you!

Just a heads up from a local. There are two Wal-Mart's with Clermont addresses. Make sure you order from the one in Cagan Crossings or you will be driving an extra 12 miles to get your groceries.

I've not tried Walmart but I've tried Sam's Club Club Pickup it works just the same I would imagine. Our last trip we did Amazon Now. Came right to the door a few hours after ordering. Cold stuff too! We got yogurt, water, and more.

I've not tried Walmart but I've tried Sam's Club Club Pickup it works just the same I would imagine. Our last trip we did Amazon Now. Came right to the door a few hours after ordering. Cold stuff too! We got yogurt, water, and more.

Quick question...did you stay on-property and did Amazon Prime Now deliver to your resort room? That would be an amazing option if available.

Quick question...did you stay on-property and did Amazon Prime Now deliver to your resort room? That would be an amazing option if available.

Yes. We stayed at pop and used the Amazon Now delivery service. I would do it at a time you will be in the room for a few hours maybe at night or on your check in day because you schedule a delivery time to your resort NOT your room. Disney delivers the Amazon Now packages to your room not Amazon employees. So if you scheduled a 3-4pm delivery it may come at 5-6pm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter