Walmart Black Friday iPad mini Deal

piperdown

Mouseketeer
Anyone out there still waiting on delivery of their iPad mini from the Walmart Black Friday deal?

When I originally placed the order, Thanksgiving night, I was given an in-store delivery date of between Dec 14 and 22. NOW, it says between Dec 23 and 26. Not a happy camper and I've read many complaints about the same problem.

Luckily, it was not a surprise gift, but DD will be disappointed if it doesn't arrive for Christmas.

I did get a screen shot of Walmart's FAQ page stating that the 1-Hour In Stock Guarantee items would arrive before Christmas. Not sure that will do me any good, but I've read comments on the internet that said that Walmart is promising a $25 gift card if items don't arrive by Christmas.

Oh, and the $100 gift card that was part of the deal...will be emailed after the item ships. Good thing I wasn't counting on that as part of my Christmas budget.

I've learned my lesson. I should have known better. Too good to be true sort of thing. :guilty:

You should look at the Walmart facebook page----FULL of complaints.

I got the shipment notice, it will supposed to be at the store between Dec 14-22, I already got the $100 g/c in my email. It says just print out the email and use it at the store. I am nervous but hopeful about the Ipad though. I'm assuming they wouldn't have sent me the g/c if I wasn't gonna get the Ipad.

Add us to the list of those waiting. It's frustrating.

By any chance was it the white ipad mini? Ours still says processing, but the date keeps being moved back. It now says between 12/23 - 12/30.

Our 2 black ipad minis were shipped last Thurs, got the $100 gift cards for those by email on Fri. So the black ones should be here soon. I took the email on my phone into Walmart, and had them give us real gift cards (it took 3 managers, but one finally knew how to do it... the others kept insisting our guarantee card was our gift card).

I'm just afraid that our white ipad mini won't get here by Christmas. We can't give 2 of our kids one, without having the third one.

Aren't they supposed to substitute a similar item of equal or greater value if not here by Christmas?

Reading these complaints makes me so glad I went ahead and ordered mine from Target on Thanksgiving day. Using my red card it end up being about $10 difference. Way worth it considering I didn't have to deal with the hassle of standing in line and mine is already wrapped and under the tree.

Sorry you guys are having problem. I hope that Walmart steps up and does the right thing to fix this issue.

I received the shipment email on 12/12... Then the gift card email came on 12/15... I got a text today that it was in store for pick up, and had no problems at the store. I feel like I was very fortunate, I see it is quite a headache for others

My white iPad mini is supposed to be at the store on the 22nd according to the email. I also got my e gift card.

I did not order anything on Black Friday from Wal Mart, but I did pre-order a PS4 in October. As of Friday it still had not shipped and was supposed to be guaranteed delivery on the 16th. I called multiple times and every time, my call was disconnected before I got to speak to anyone. I ended up emailing and the response I got was that my order was cancelled, even though the status on line still said processing and I still had no refund. Later that afternoon the refund was processed. I was so upset because we were counting on this as a Christmas gift and at this point they are near impossible to get ahold of. I called every Gamestop in a 50 mile radius and finally found one store willing to hold the last one they had so that I could get there. I will never order from them again. If they would have at least emailed or called me to let me know it was being cancelled, I would have had more time to find one. Had I not contacted them, I would never have known that they cancelled it.

I called today (several times because I got disconnected) about the 32" TVs and was told if they weren't in store by the 22nd, the store would supply out of their stock. Sounds crazy to me (why not just supply it anyway if they were going to do that). But one tv has a delivery date of 12/26/13-1/02/2014.

I received the email that my iPad mini shipped on Saturday. Sunday I was sent the egift card email. On Monday I was sent the email that it was ready to be picked up. I was very worried with all the complaints I've read. I'm lucky it wasn't a big deal if it didn't arrive on time. The surprise wouldn't have been there though.

Just received notification that my black iPad is ready for pickup - it's no longer needed, we finally got DS's HP touchpad rooted and he loves it, I'll be getting him a PS4 instead :)

I haven't received an email yet but my order states that's it's shipped and the gift card is processing. I'm hoping to have it Saturday so that I can go to the apple store for set up.

I got 2 white. My mom got a black and hers shipped a few days ago.

I won't be stressed until Sunday if I don't get an email.

I never shop there on black Friday. Some things are not just worth it. Sorry you all are having a problem. I hope it gets solved soon , before xmas.

I haven't received an email yet but my order states that's it's shipped and the gift card is processing. I'm hoping to have it Saturday so that I can go to the apple store for set up. I got 2 white. My mom got a black and hers shipped a few days ago. I won't be stressed until Sunday if I don't get an email.

Just want to be sure you know that you do not have to go to the Apple Store to set these up. There's really nothing to set up. They just need to be added to an Apple account and that can be done from any computer. The Apple store here is insanely busy right now so I wouldn't recommend going unless you absolutely have to.

I know I can do it myself but I have a few things to fix with the old iPods. I'll make an appt before I go.

Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter