Walmart App

Atchley

"Bedsheets? Who invited that kid?"
(First, I don't know if you are supposed to plug any retail store on here, so if you are not, I apologize in advance)

I have discovered a new way to save for Disney. It is the Walmart Savings Catcher on the Walmart App.
I shop at Walmart all the time for my groceries and such, so it's a no brainer that I would try to use this tool.
First you download the Walmart App to your smart phone.
Then you click on Savings Catcher to enroll.
Next, you scan your receipts from Walmart within three days of the initial purchase and the app checks the competitors in your area for lower prices and if they find a lower advertised price, they put the difference back into an account for you. Later, you can convert that difference onto an e gift card and print it off for use at a Walmart or Walmart.com.
I have scanned four receipts and already have $2.00 in there. That's in less than a week's time. Now two dollars may not seem like a whole lot, but if I get a couple of dollars a week in my account, I will have around $75.00 in there to use come vacation time. I can use that to purchase food or personal items needed for the trip. That's $75.00 I wouldn't have had otherwise.
Hope this helps others out. I am usually on here looking for money saving ideas and have gotten a few, but this is the first one that I've discovered on my own. (Sort of...cashier at the store told me about it.) Also sorry if someone else has already mentioned it.

Just signed up today and had 2 receipts to enter. Excited to see how this works out. Thanks!!:cheer2:

We have started using this - couple of bucks here or there - adds up. My DD bought an item at ~$7.50, and we saved $3.50 PLUS THE TAX on that amount. 1-little item.

DH scans the receipt before he leaves the store so he doesn't forget.

I have a question , how many numbers go into the TC number? Do you put in that last number that is a single digit at the end? It tells me I put in an invalid number.

I have always scanned my receipts but I believe it is a twenty digit number and then needs the date. You can only scan a receipt less than seven days old and a maximum of seven receipts a week. I'm still learning. There are a lot of FAQs on the site. Hope you figure it out.

I use the website and my tc# is 20 digits (5 groups of four).

I was pleasantly surprised this morning. The kids talked me into Muller corner yogurts (or something like that--I don't eat yogurt) that were $1 each. I only bought two because $1 a yogurt seems expensive to me when I can buy 32 gogurts at Costco for $4 (I know it's not apples-to-apples). Well I got $0.20 for each because Kroger had them $10 for 10 and had a digital coupon for $2 off if you bought 10. So even though I only bought two, I got the $0.80 price. I think that's pretty generous.

So far I'm up to $4.26 on about $120 in purchases.

We grocery shop at Wal-Mart so I signed up for this just over a week ago. We're up to $11 so far. I wish they'd show me the items they found the savings on but I'll take it.

Just be aware that it can take several days for them to process a receipt and compute any savings.

We grocery shop at Wal-Mart so I signed up for this just over a week ago. We're up to $11 so far. I wish they'd show me the items they found the savings on but I'll take it.

Just be aware that it can take several days for them to process a receipt and compute any savings.

It does show what they found the savings on--at least on the website. I know exactly what the price difference is for each item they give me money back on and where the better price was.

It does show what they found the savings on--at least on the website. I know exactly what the price difference is for each item they give me money back on and where the better price was.

Thanks for posting that. I just checked on the website and found it!

The email said I had an invalid receipt, but I think maybe I added the last number which is single at the end. I put the receipt in the minute I left the store.

The email said I had an invalid receipt, but I think maybe I added the last number which is single at the end. I put the receipt in the minute I left the store.

You may want to scan it with the app if you have a smart phone.

hey op i was thinking of saving up my savings and buying walmart card to use at sams club to buy a disney card.

Anyone think that will work?

hey op i was thinking of saving up my savings and buying walmart card to use at sams club to buy a disney card.

Anyone think that will work?

We grocery shop at WM so I figure I can just accumulate the savings until I have enough for a week of grocery shopping, then take what we would use for grocery shopping as cash toward whatever we want to use it on.

Love this new app. I have used it on the last 3 weeks grocery receipts and a couple side trips there and have already got $15 available. I'm going to keep saving until Christmas shopping time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter