walls

rbrainerd

Mouseketeer
Do they allow you to put anything up on your walls? I heard they do not but some pictures show things on the walls that people have put there. Even on Disney's web site they show things on the wall. I just don't think I can stand looking at plain white walls for 7 months!

I was wondering the same thing...because I heard they don't allow it, but if you click to see what the rooms in each complex look like...There is definately stuff on those walls...

Ive seen a ton of youtube vids with cast members with plenty up on the wall. I don't know the rules or if it's allowed specifically, but it is definitely done.

They will tell you that you are not allowed to put anything up because it is a fire hazard or something like that. But that does not stop anyone. Me and my roommate had pictures and posters all over our walls, and we even put up a tapestry in our living room. It covered an entire wall. And I know ALL of my roommates had something on their walls.

On my roommate's first program she said her entire apartment took down their stuff for their first inspection, only to find out that no one cared. We were never once cited for stuff on our walls, and I have never heard of anyone else.

I don't think they care. Even in the e-presentation they make it a point to show how you can decorate your apartment and make it your own.

Pictures, posters, drapes...curtains.. They are all allowed.

We did hang a dartboard once that had the plastic tips....however some people missed the board all together and left very tiny holes in the wall lol.

They then charged the room about $100 split between the 4 of us to spackle the wall.

I went to walmart and got the same items the housing team uses and fixed it in less than 5 minutes. They still charged us though :( We should have known better, not housings fault.

morale of story...no dartboards lol.

Like BabyPiglet said, I read somewhere that they even encourage you to decorate the walls and put up posters to make yourself feel at home. I think my recruiter also mentioned that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter