Wallet Alternative

toyotaae86lg

Disney Magic is AMAZING!!!
Hey guys (or gals), do you guys use a wallet alternative as a money clip or one of these metal wallets I see that hold cards and cash? I want to try to find something sleek and minimal instead of bringing my 4" wallet that holds a lot of unnecessary stuff. Any recommendations?

Honestly i tend to use gift cards, i load up a gift card at the end of each day, this saves me using actual cash so there is no change to carry and no wallet, i simply store the gift card and my id usually a credit card with a rubber band aroudn them in my pocket

it helps me keep track of how much ive spent also, - especially around epcot when we may start snacking and drinking lol
thats just me i find it alot easier to do! its accepted every where on property and every reciept they give you has a print of remaining balance.

I'm going to assume you're a guy because you call it a wallet and not a purse? Sorry i don't mean to be rude. i can't tell from your picture or name :S

I just use a pocket in my bag as a makeshift purse. it doesn't make sense to have a purse in a bag. (UK terminology purse = money pouch, handbag = american word purse)

What about putting cards and such in a phone case. There are lots of phone cases for all different types of mobiles (cell phones) which hold cards and paper money.

*EDIT* i've just seen Americans call ladies money holding devices wallets so you very well could be a lady. So in that case if you're carrying a bag anyway, maybe it has a spare pocket. So you can take your essential cards out of your wallet and put it in the pocket in your purse/bag.

Capture.JPG

My wallet ended up about four inches thick so I went to the two wallet system. Most of my stuff is in the thick wallet and I keep it in my glove compartment. I carry this wallet around with me:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00Q7Q0FLK?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage

It is very thin, in fact I hardly even know it is there. I wear cargo shorts and keep it in my front lower pocket with a velco closer making it impossible for anyone to pick my pocket. I keep my drivers licence, a debit card, my Medicare card and some bills in it. I keep my iPhone in another pocket and it is so thin I can hardly tell it is there. Works very well for me.

My husband has an smaller, inexpensive velcro type wallet that he uses only when he travels. He takes only the very essential things out of his regular wallet, and puts them in the smaller wallet before we go on our trip. When we go to Disney he carries: Drivers License, health insurance card, one credit card, and a small amount of cash ($20). He carries it in a deep pocket of his cargo shorts. He also carries his phone and the extra battery for the phone. That's it.

For me, I carry a smallish crossbody bag in the park, but I put all my 'wallet' type things in a small zippered coin purse. Again, I carry the essential wallet items that my husband carries, and in the rest of my bag, I only carry esssentials as well: Phone, battery backup, chapstick, small sunscreen, hand sanitizer and a couple flavor packs for water bottles.

DH has taken out all but the very necessary things in his wallet. If he gets any change (coins) he gives them to me. I take the smallest cross body bag that will hold what we need and I use a small flat zippered pouch inside that for what I need to carry. The less the better. We otherwise never used any special type wallet. That said, we always take/took cash with us. Not everything is handy to use cards to purchase.

I carry a credit card and my ID in my front pocket. My cell phone in the other pocket. That's it. DH carries his entire wallet, but it's smallish and on a chain. We've found that we don't need a bag - we find that we never use what we carry in the bag anyway. We also don't carry much cash, if any, and have never had a problem.

My husband has an smaller, inexpensive velcro type wallet that he uses only when he travels. He takes only the very essential things out of his regular wallet, and puts them in the smaller wallet before we go on our trip. When we go to Disney he carries: Drivers License, health insurance card, one credit card, and a small amount of cash ($20). He carries it in a deep pocket of his cargo shorts. He also carries his phone and the extra battery for the phone. That's it.

For me, I carry a smallish crossbody bag in the park, but I put all my 'wallet' type things in a small zippered coin purse. Again, I carry the essential wallet items that my husband carries, and in the rest of my bag, I only carry esssentials as well: Phone, battery backup, chapstick, small sunscreen, hand sanitizer and a couple flavor packs for water bottles.

DH has taken out all but the very necessary things in his wallet. If he gets any change (coins) he gives them to me. I take the smallest cross body bag that will hold what we need and I use a small flat zippered pouch inside that for what I need to carry. The less the better. We otherwise never used any special type wallet. That said, we always take/took cash with us. Not everything is handy to use cards to purchase.

This is pretty much what DH and I do. We take out the stuff that we won't need from our wallets and take only the essentials in there (cash, cards, health insurance card, etc.). I carry a crossbody bag that's big enough to carry two water bottles (we may only carry one and just refill it, but I like having the option of being able to carry two), my travel wallet (a small coach wristlet), phone, and battery back up. Since we're going in September this year I'll be most likely bringing a small bottle of sunscreen. We don't use any special wallets either.

They make cell phone covers that hold an ID and a credit card, for both guys and gals. I've considered getting one of those for our next trip.

Day to day, I carry a thin bill fold in my front pocket. I gave up the huge back pocket wallet years ago, so when I trim down for the trip, it's pretty minimal. Last trip I carried a few bills of cash (I rarely use cash at Disney, but I like to have some just in case) folded with my credit card and ID with a large rubber band around the "bundle." Having the rubber band around your wallet is an old anti-pick pocket trick I heard years ago. It's supposed to keep folks from easily sliding stuff out of your pockets.

I carry my regular leather wallet, which is big enough it has a passport slot in it, but it goes in my front pocket (trust me, it's nicer, my back is thanking me from not sitting cockeyed all day!). It also doesn't carry more than necessary, anyway, even day-to-day, and a deep front pocket is more pickpocket resistant.

I have a second big zip-around one I leave at home in my desk with extraneous stuff, such as my passport, transit cards to cities that aren't nearby (I have five transit cards: Chicago, NYC, DC, London and Dubai!), credit and ATM cards that don't get used day to day, and so on. This way it's never very thick, and before I go on a trip I re-adjust things. Since it's zip-around, 3/4" thick, and big enough for a tri-folded letter sized paper (A4 to the euro types), I also keep my checkbook for each account in it, as well as extra vehicle insurance cards, so that if I need to leave in a rush I can just grab the whole thing and go and not worry about anything.

It also means that I don't forget my wallet, because it's habit to always have my that particular wallet in that particular pocket.

we use a very small rectangular shaped coin purse. it's only slightly larger than a credit card. we carry 2 drivers licenses, 2 debit cards, and $40 or so in cash. it's flexible so it's comfy in a front or back pocket. it's got a zipper so nothing falls out. that zipper pull has a hole in it so i've sewn a tiny clip into our park backpack near the bottom so it clips in and stays put so it's easily found again.

It also means that I don't forget my wallet, because it's habit to always have my that particular wallet in that particular pocket.

I call it "the 3 pocket pat down." Before I go anywhere I check for wallet in one pocket, keys in another, cell phone in the third.

I call it "the 3 pocket pat down." Before I go anywhere I check for wallet in one pocket, keys in another, cell phone in the third.
Pretty much exactly my routine, although for me it's two cell phones, and my keys are usually hung on my belt because they're too bulky for a pocket. (I work in IT, so I look a bit like a janitor at times).

My wallet ended up about four inches thick so I went to the two wallet system. Most of my stuff is in the thick wallet and I keep it in my glove compartment. I carry this wallet around with me:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00Q7Q0FLK?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage

It is very thin, in fact I hardly even know it is there. I wear cargo shorts and keep it in my front lower pocket with a velco closer making it impossible for anyone to pick my pocket. I keep my drivers licence, a debit card, my Medicare card and some bills in it. I keep my iPhone in another pocket and it is so thin I can hardly tell it is there. Works very well for me.

Like some of the others, DH and I carry a slim Magic Wallet. Hold credit cards, tickets, gift cards, and the magic feature makes it easy to slap a receipt in.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-MAGIC-W...t=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item43cb9acdb7

I like these thin, minimalist wallets. My DH is mostly using a small leather card case when we travel. But he does find it a little hard to pull the cards he wants out because it's tight fitting. Plus, he can't store coins in there well. So sometimes he takes a small nylon zippered coin pouch and uses that instead. I would love to buy him a minimalist wallet (with coin storage).

For myself, I bought a Minisuit Tactic (actually DH has one on his phone now too). I love it. It sticks on to the back of my smartphone and also includes a handstrap (so I can hold my phone securely - no danger of dropping it!). It's awesome for using my phone in bed and when I am walking in a busy place (like a park

uni-spahan-bla__3_c5f181a0-a22a-4d17-b7b6-137af56955bc_large.jpeg
uni-spahan-bla__10_7a351258-9980-4c50-98e3-28c718decfd6_large.jpeg

It's very minimalist and the best part is that I ALWAYS have my most important cards. It only holds a few so I carry a wallet as well, but to just grab and go, I have my essentials. It holds my CC, my Drivers License, and a $20 bill. Lately I've added my Costco card because we always seem to stop there on a whim.

On one of my phones I just use one of those silicone stick on cases (I got it free from some giveaway). The silicone handles stretching better (the minisuit lasts me about 6 months before getting stretched out) but I like the minisuit better because of the handstrap.):
free-shipping-universial-silicon-smart-wallet-phone-back-card-holder-pouch.jpg

I also bought a running belt - helps when I don't have pockets, want something minimalist and yet don't want to grab one of my tiny cross body bags. I REALLY like it for park use :) It's a sleeker, modern version of the fanny pack.

1421268024_1407372837_1large11.jpg

OK ...maybe I am a little obsessed with wallet alternatives! I have all kinds at home.

I am a gal who never carries a purse. At home I use a small Vera Bradley wallet. At WDW I use a very slim Chum wallet I got at REI for $10. I rarely use cash at WDW but I like having a $20 bill just in case.

I got one of those silicone smart wallets that sticks to your phone case for Christmas. I use it for 1 credit card here at home and find it very convenient.

I like these thin, minimalist wallets. My DH is mostly using a small leather card case when we travel. But he does find it a little hard to pull the cards he wants out because it's tight fitting. Plus, he can't store coins in there well. So sometimes he takes a small nylon zippered coin pouch and uses that instead. I would love to buy him a minimalist wallet (with coin storage).

For myself, I bought a Minisuit Tactic (actually DH has one on his phone now too). I love it. It sticks on to the back of my smartphone and also includes a handstrap (so I can hold my phone securely - no danger of dropping it!). It's awesome for using my phone in bed and when I am walking in a busy place (like a park

uni-spahan-bla__3_c5f181a0-a22a-4d17-b7b6-137af56955bc_large.jpeg
uni-spahan-bla__10_7a351258-9980-4c50-98e3-28c718decfd6_large.jpeg

Oh! I definitely need to look at something like this. I just got an iPhone 6 Plus with a Mophie case and it's a little heavy and cumbersome for me. I have peripheral neuropathy in my hands and arms with weakness. I cannot feel anything I have in my hands and I am always dropping stuff. I am so scared I am going to drop my expensive phone! It's so slick and smooth and rounded. :-/ I have fumbled it a couple of times, but thank goodness I wasn't standing and it didn't fall far. I have looked for wrist straps and lanyards or something and didn't see anything like this. Just wondering if it's something that adheres to the phone though... Not sure how I feel about that. Going to check it out, thanks for posting!

How minimal are you able to go? I have a wallet from Recycled Firefighter that fits up to 8 credit cards and is made from recycled fire hoses. It has an elastic strap on the back to hold cash, and disappears into my front pocket without any fuss. If you want to go super minimal and inexpensive, a binder clip can hold a fair amount of cards and cash, depending on the size of the clip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter