• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wall in Figment's Queue

Timmy Boy

Choose Thy Fate
Found this the other day wandering through Imagination. This is probably for when FP gets introduced over here, granted as this wall was here, and the queue got a lot wider as well (my guess is to be able to fit 2 lines down it).

603565_10101394441624652_1759030031_n.jpg

Why would Figment ever need a FP lane? Don't get me wrong we ride it a lot (my girls love it) but we never wait more then one ride load to get on.

Why would Figment ever need a FP lane? Don't get me wrong we ride it a lot (my girls love it) but we never wait more then one ride load to get on.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing but then I remember seeing pictures of when it was really crowded (in past years) and there was a line out the door for the attraction :scared1:.

Current speculation is for the needed attraction capacity for FastPass+. If Disney will be allowing future attraction reservations there is currently not enough FastPass attractions available to meet potential demand. And if you're wondering who would want a reservation for JII, Disney currently estimates that approx. 70% of guests are first time visitors. Most visitors don't do the in-depth research (or have the base knowledge) of the average Disboarder.

Maybe they are trying to push crowds to JII? I just don't see it ending up on a
Any ones FB list. Like I said - we ride it every time we are at Epcot and have never, ever (since the old ride was there) have waited for more then one group in front of us. Bot something I see people going out of their way to schedule. First timers or not - people just aren't flocking to this ride!

Maybe they are trying to push crowds to JII? I just don't see it ending up on a
Any ones FB list. Like I said - we ride it every time we are at Epcot and have never, ever (since the old ride was there) have waited for more then one group in front of us. Bot something I see people going out of their way to schedule. First timers or not - people just aren't flocking to this ride!

Suellen, I thought the same thing - but then if you think about it, those first timers are possibly going to be looking at a list of rides in Epcot and thinking "oh, Journey Into Imagination! Junior will like that!" *click* Now, it's easily missed as it's not on the thoroughfare and is tucked away in a dark corner. But if people are looking at a computer screen and possibly picking from rides they don't know about, it could be that there WILL be people "taking advantage of" FP on this ride in the future.

Now, that doesn't necessarily mean there will ever, ever be a line....

What's next? FP for Where's the Fire?

No way that Figment will ever get FastPass. If anything he is probably closer to losing his house to a new idea.

Current speculation is for the needed attraction capacity for FastPass+. If Disney will be allowing future attraction reservations there is currently not enough FastPass attractions available to meet potential demand. And if you're wondering who would want a reservation for JII, Disney currently estimates that approx. 70% of guests are first time visitors. Most visitors don't do the in-depth research (or have the base knowledge) of the average Disboarder.

Pretty much. Reports are indicating "levels" of Fastpass selection as part of the new program. Much the same way that they used to sell ticket books with differing levels of tickets to help spread out the crowd, the same thing applies. They don't want everyone to only reserve FP for Splash and Space, for each Splash, they want to ensure they can offset it with one at say Philharmagic. And especially at Epcot where the FP rides are limited, everyone would only want TT and Soarin. By adding it to other rides they help to offset the crowds and get people onto less popular rides they might not have otherwise done.

CentralFloridian99 said:
FP would be needed during the very crowded seasons like Christmas.

Not necessarily, when we were there on NYE a few years ago it was still only 20 minutes at 5 PM.

This is likely because of Fastpass+. My guess is that it will introduce Fastpass to attractions that really don't need it similar to Express at Universal. Yeah JII may not need Fastpass but that doesn't mean people won't use it!

The sad thing is, that wall could have been there for months before anyone would have noticed it..

You had to ride Journey into Imagination with Figment to notice it... I'm so sorry.. Way to take one for the team.

And this pretty much confirms it.

mail

Sorry it's small, it's basically the same wall, but with railings now extending down the middle of the queue.

:badpc:

Fastpass is hard when u have a young baby or an older senior. Hard to plan. They can't be serious, can they? All rides?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter