• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

walkway from BWV to MGM

Cindy72

Mouseketeer
I've been a member @BWV since 1998. I've read a few times about a walkway to MGM. I've never seen one unless they are talking about going through the BWV parkinglot and getting there that way. Am I missing something or is this what they are talking about? Thanks for the help.

It took them only 4 years to complete, but there is now an actual walkway to MGM that begins at the end of the boardwalk, goes along the lagoon and under the road bridge; opened late last fall.

It was great! We stayed for Fantasmic, with the other 9000 people and had an easy walk back to our resort.
The path runs behind the resort, along the water, you go by the main pool, then the quiet pool and just keep walking toward the bridge. It's a nice easy walk. We always made it back and forth long before the boat. :)

hi: the walkway runs along the canal leading to mgm. it's never been open any of the times we've been there, but it is now. we're looking forward to using it this may-especially after mgm closes and the lines for the boats are huge.

Cindy,
We used the walkway a couple of weeks ago, and it was great. Twice the boat was just pulling up, and we beat the boat back. It was especially nice after Fantasmic, with all the chaos in the parking lot and boat launch area. They put up a fence and lighting along the water. It was nice to have another option.

The walkway is great, its a flat, wide easy walk to MGM. It probably takes about 10 to 15 minutes (walking slow) to get to MGM. I guess its also wheelchair accesable. I was there in November-December. And it was open

Joe IN CT

We used the walkway in December and it was great. It was faster than the boat. The walkway is well lit and a nice alternative to standing around waiting for the next boat. We also used it after Fantasmic and now would use the walkway to and from the park instead of using the boat.

Poly 76, Poly 79, Poly 83, Poly 86, Disneyland Ca 88, offsite 89, CB 89, CB 91, CB 93, PO 95, Disneyland Paris 96, DXL 97, Disneyland CA 98, PO 98, BW 98, DXL 99, DXL 00, BC 00, OKW 00

Cindy, if you're interested I have a picture of a section of the walkway coming from MGM toward the Boardwalk. <a href="http://people.ne.mediaone.net/jsmith12/boardwalk.html">Click here</a> and scroll 3/4 of the way down the page. It'll give you an idea of what it looks like and where it's located.

castle_moonlight.jpg

<font face="Class Garmnd BT"><font color="ff69b4"><big>Jennybºoº benny</big></font>
<font color="9400d3">~~DVC Member~~
Onsite: Poly '76, Contemp '98, BWV '99, CBR '00, BWV '00, CBR '01
Offsite: '74 '80 '82 '88
Next trip: BWV~June '01, ASM/BWV~Nov '01</font>
<a href="http://people.ne.mediaone.net/jsmith12/jillian&kylecharacterpage.html">Jillian & Kyle's Disney Character Website</a></font>

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter