walking up for dinner at Chef Mickey's

roxygreene23

Earning My Ears
I've been trying since June to get a Table at Chef Mickey's for a specific day in September for lunch or dinner and can;t get a reservation!! Is it possible to walk up and get a table?? We're going for my sons birthday and are willing to wait, but I don't want to wait around forever and never get a seat!

I've been trying since June to get a Table at Chef Mickey's for a specific day in September for lunch or dinner and can;t get a reservation!! Is it possible to walk up and get a table?? We're going for my sons birthday and are willing to wait, but I don't want to wait around forever and never get a seat!

then i would try to be there before they open up :goodvibes

Since it is your son's birthday, you may want to have a plan regarding what you will do if you don't get in. I don't know how old he is, but you may also want to think about how disappointing it might be to be outside the restaurant, seeing everything going on inside, and then not be able to go in.

There's a possibility you'd get a walk up but it isn't certain. Don't know your party size either.

Ask at your resort every morning and every evening to see if anything has opened up (I'm assuming here that you're stasying on site).

We were able to get a reservation this way in September a couple of years ago, although it was a 5:30pm slot.

roxygreene23 said:

We stayed at the Contemporary last year, and the front desk suggested we get there at breakfast time RIGHT when chef mickeys opened to attempt to get a table without a reservation. They mentioned this was the best time to try ( I think 7am, but not sure, I was really tired)! We got seated right away. Not sure if it was because we were staying at the restaurant's hotel, or just got lucky, or what? But thought I'd mention it.

Well, if it's a slow time, and September usually is, then you might get lucky. We walked up for dinner once in February and only waited about 10 minutes. There were no reservations available when I checked earlier that day. We did go around 5 or 5:30 to beat the dinner rush, and that might have helped. Also, we were a small party. Just DH, DD and myself.

Thanks! Looks like dinner starts at 5 pm so we'll plan on arriving at 4:30 and hope to get a seat. In the meantime I've been searching for a reservation several times a day and hopefully a cancellation will open up

I would highly recommend stalking the dining website as much as possible. Lunch is usually not offered outside of peak times, so you'll need to search solely for dinner...and I wouldn't put in a time, just dinner. Things really do open up all the time. I know it's frustrating, but stalking the site has never let me down. I know some call it crazy, but I tend to check anywhere from 30-100x per day.

If you can't get anything by the time of travel, you can still check every day while you're there. You can also try showing up when they open for dinner service to see if they can work you in. That being said- I'd have a back up plan.

September is free dining, which means even though the parks won't be very busy, the restaurants (especially character meals) will be packed. I don't know how old your son is, but I would hate for him to wait around to possibly eat there (and be able to see into the restaurant and see the characters walking around) and then be disappointed if you can't get in.

Keep trying the dining Web site, but maybe also search for some of the other character meals to see if you can find an opening.

September is free dining, which means even though the parks won't be very busy, the restaurants (especially character meals) will be packed.

Definitely. In fact it's so busy they often add lunch as an option during that time of year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter