Walking to Walt Disney World

As of my last post on 4/21 I have added more mileage.
I have added 18.46, that is a total of 143.99 out of 229 to the Magic Kingdom. SO I have 76.11 miles left.

:wave: I'm in! I challenged myself to Walk to Disney a few years ago, completed the "trip" and have slumped off since. It's time to start again.

I have 1,021 miles from home to the Port Orleans Riverside Resort, and 19 months to get there.

another 2.5 miles last week to bring me up to 98.11/1025. My goal this week is to surpass the 10% mark. I've got my work cut out for me if I want to make my Dec goal. Now that the weather is reliably nice, I have no excuse!

Another 4.6 for me today and I finally passed my first 10%. Too bad I'm way past 10% of my time. Gotta get moving! 102.7/1025

I'm want to be in! :wave2:

It's 897 miles from my home to POR! We will be going back in May-June 2009. Only 1 year and a couple of days to get there.

I'm currently 6/897 miles. I'm not going to include everyday walking; only miles that I walk/jog when exercising. Also, I'm going to update on Fridays which is when I weigh-in for the Peeps board.

Just an update:
As of today 5/17, I have added 20.80 miles.
So my total is 164.79 miles out of 220 to the Magic Kingdom. I have 55.31 left.

This is a GREAT idea!!!

I unfortunately leave for Disney in less than 2 weeks.

Maybe I will plan a 2009 trip and go when I walk there.

Ok, I google. 1111 Miles to the Magic Kingdom.

Saturday did 4 and today I did 3.

So far 7/1111. Just 1104 to go!!! :scared1:

I still have quite a bit to go, but I'm almost 25% there! At this rate, I'll be there in about a year-ish! S

OK Disney World - here I come ready or not - just Googled it and I have to walk 1019 miles to get to the Beach Club Villas. :yay: DH & I are scheduled to arrive October 17th - of this year :eek:

Well nothing ventured - nothing gained - right?

I am updating my progress... since I last posted I am at 217.89 miles out of 220. I think I will have no problem making it to my 220, so I am unsubscribing to this thread as I am training to walk the Disneyland Half Marathon.
Good Luck to eveyone and if you want come over to the Events/Competition side of WIsh and check out those of us on ALL levels of walking and running.

Tracy

I"ll give this a try. I leave for Disney in November. I'm 1055 miles away! I did 3 today.

3/1055

This is going to be the slowest recorded trip to DIsney ever!!! Rode the bike for 4 miles today. (That counts in my book! ;) )
7/1055

Hello all! I've been absent for a few months, but am getting myself back on track ASAP. Originally, I was only counting my walking for exercise miles. Well, that fell off to now I'm going to count all miles - walking, elliptical, bike, etc since my boss is adding me to her gym membership. :woohoo: My challenge will be to see if I can actually make it to WDW by Sept 19. It will be really tough, but I get moving on the bike again, I think that I can squeeze it in. Here we go! 257.7/1025

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter