Walking to Walt Disney World

Been a few days since I updated...so here it goes:

3/30 18 miles on bike
3/31 1.5 miles on treadmill
4/1 5 miles combined bike and treadmill
4/2 6 miles combined bike, treadmill and elliptical

So now I'm at 57.5/1125.

Leslie

Ugh! I just checked. I'm 1025.55 away. I would need to do 18 miles per day. We'll see what I can do. I should start wearing my pedometer again.

I was having pain from what I thought was a bunion and maybe it is a bunion but the last few days I haven't had any pain so I am not sure. It just felt like I had no padding and was walking with bear bones against cement. I would take pain meds and it only made it a bit better but didn't relieve it all the way. I hope it doesn't decide to come back when we are at WDW or we will be in trouble. I would have to get one of those scooters or something!

Anyway, thanks to DS, we have a new form of exercise. He can finally ride a 2 wheel bike. Yay! So we were just out riding for quite a long time today and for a bit 2 days ago. I am sure he will want to ride every day he can since it is new to him and he is excited. I used to love to ride bike. It has been 10 years. I am glad to get back to it! So I think I will either do the eliptical or the WATP during the day and then also go ride bike with him often too. It is a bit hard with a 3 yo that I have to keep an eye on while DS and I are riding. I don't trust myself to put a baby seat in the back and take him along. He pushes along with his tricycle but not for long and today he actually fell when his tricycle tipped over. Good luck everyone!

Finally getting some miles in thanks to the nicer weather. Sat we walked to the park, then to the babysitting job and then home. Sun was around the yard with yard work and a few trips around the block. Yesterday was a visit to the zoo. 78.57/1025

You passed 100!! I'm finally closing in on it myself and can't wait! I'd love to hit the 10% mark by next week. 81.87/1025 for me.

Hello there everyone...
Since my last post on 3/26 I have walked 31.88 miles

So, I have walked a total of 93.10 miles out of 220 miles to the Magic Kingdom.
I have 126.90 miles left to go!!

Keep up the good work!

well, i haven't been doing the walking. i have been riding bike but the bad thing about it is i have no idea how many miles it is.

Hello and welcome! Glad to have you "walking" with us. To set my goal, I used google maps to get directions from my address to my Disney hotel (Pop Century). That then became my total miles needed...1025 for me. I wear a pedometer regularly so I just use it to measure how far I walk. I only count the miles done in exercising-type walking (for me it's mall walking, a neighborhood walk or when DD is riding her bike and I'm following along). There are others on the list who count their walking, biking (exercise or road) and eliptical machine miles as well. The choice is yours. If I understand Walk Away the Pounds correctly you know how many miles the walk you choose is, right? If so, just use that number.

Whenever you have miles to add to your progress, come back here and post them. Most of us keep a running total and display it like this...60.3/1025. As of Thursday I had done 60.3 miles of my 1025 total miles. You could also set up a ticker in your signature from tickerfactory.com similar to the trip countdown ones people have. They have a set of fitness tickers too.

Hope that helps! If you have any other questions, please ask. Good luck with your walk!

Can I join you guys? I saw someone's ticker in their signature and decided to come here to see what it was all about. I had already decided to start walking with my boys. We have started taking walks, and when I read through this thread I thought it would be great to say were "Walking to Walt Disney World!"

Do you count the steps when doing errands or grocery shopping?

Also, Can you tell me what pedometer is a good one to buy?

2.7 for me last night brings it to 84.57/1025

Welcome aboard tnmomof4! Join in anytime. I think everyone kinds of tracks things a little differently depending on their goals/timing. I, personally, count all walking for exercise, most walking at the mall (I walk much more than shop) and most walking on big outings - zoo, science museum, etc. Some may count all of their steps for the day. Others include miles from biking and elliptical as well.

As for pedometers, I have one from Target by Sportline. I just got a new one last week as my old one broke and I really like this one. It is the 2nd from cheapest ($8.99 here) and seems to be working very well. What I really like about it is the clip. It has a big "U" like clip that slides over my waistband. My old ones have all had a big plastic clip almost like a "chip clip". I always wore it on my pocket, not quite in proper alignment, because I didn't like the way the clip dug into me. This is very streamline on the clip part. There are all kinds of fancy features you can get, but I just wanted on that counts steps and calculates the miles (you enter the measurements). Hope that helps!

My new total is now 58.68/1287. I forgot to wear my pedometer one day this week or it would have been more.
Judy

I did a combination of running, walking, the ellitpical machine and biking this week to bring my total to 117/1125 miles. I'm getting there! Now if I could just stop eating...lol

Leslie

New total for myself- 65/1287. Both of my pedometers stopped working over the past week but I now have a new one. It clips on and also has a loop that attaches to my belt so it can't fall off.

Judy

I have added 32.33 miles since my last post.
So I have a total of 125.43 miles, so that leave 94.57 miles left out of 220 miles to the WDW Magic Kingdom.

Yeah!!!!

2.5 more miles this week brings me to 93.11/1025. I was really hoping to hit my 10% mark this week. Maybe I can make it this weekend since we're going camping and plan to do lots of hiking and walking while there. Hmm, 9.39 miles to get there, guess I'd better plan on moving alot!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter