Walking to Walt Disney World

I am new to this weight loss board here. At times I do really good and then something happens. Last time it was that I got sick and was to the doctors and even to the er. I have a lupus type disease that causes blood clots and I had a mini stroke amoung other problems. I was just doing AWESOME and people were telling me how good I looked and then I got so sick for a few weeks and never got back to that point again yet. I love doing walk away the pounds. I would like to know what you all are talking about as far as walking to Disney? How do I decide how many miles to put for my goal? I think making my walking relate to my disney trip this June will really help motivate me. Can you tell me more about this thread and how you are keeping track please?

Hello and welcome! Glad to have you "walking" with us. To set my goal, I used google maps to get directions from my address to my Disney hotel (Pop Century). That then became my total miles needed...1025 for me. I wear a pedometer regularly so I just use it to measure how far I walk. I only count the miles done in exercising-type walking (for me it's mall walking, a neighborhood walk or when DD is riding her bike and I'm following along). There are others on the list who count their walking, biking (exercise or road) and eliptical machine miles as well. The choice is yours. If I understand Walk Away the Pounds correctly you know how many miles the walk you choose is, right? If so, just use that number.

Whenever you have miles to add to your progress, come back here and post them. Most of us keep a running total and display it like this...60.3/1025. As of Thursday I had done 60.3 miles of my 1025 total miles. You could also set up a ticker in your signature from tickerfactory.com similar to the trip countdown ones people have. They have a set of fitness tickers too.

Hope that helps! If you have any other questions, please ask. Good luck with your walk!

Another 1.5 for me chasing DD on her bike the last couple of days to bring me to 61.8. This bike riding thing is working for me. ;) Walking and an arm workout helping push her up the crazy hills we have around here.

I would like to join in with the walking to Walt Disney World group. I live 1287 miles from Port Orleans French Quarter so will use that as my goal. My starting info is 0/1287. :eek:

Hello, just to catch up...
Sat and Sun I have walked a total of 7.14 miles.
That a total now of 46.66/220 to arrive at the Magic Kingdom!!

Only 173.34 miles left to go!! Yeah:lmao:

I will keep track doing WATP and my eliptical machine. According to mapquest it is 1050 miles. That is 12 miles a day. I don't see that happening. I usually get about a mile or maybe 2 on the eliptical and up to 4 with WATP. I would definitely have to use my pedometer to even think about getting anywhere near 6 miles a day I think. I have 85 days till DH comes home so even though that is not our Disney day, it is the day I want to be at my goal by because we will be leaving just a few days after that.

Does anyone know how many miles the average person walks at MK or any of the other parks per day? I wear a 12/14 right now and want to be down to a 10 by then. I have been as low as an 8 but that never lasted long and that was before 2 kids and 3 pregnancies (1st was stillborn). If I keep checking in here. I am sure I can do it!:cool1:

I have finally remembered to wear my pedometer! I walked 4.25 miles since yesterday so my totals are 4.25/1287.

I didn't do the exercise yet. Jordan's been sick all week and was just able to go to school as of yesterday after a week off. Then Nathan was throwing up all night last night. Every sound he made I was up every five minutes running for the bucket hoping he didn't make a mess. Luckily he didn't. I am so worn out though! Maybe tomorrow night. WTG everyone who has been walking!

In my original post here I thought I would get to WDW in no time since I do the ellipitical and bike along with the treadmill, and then I promptly went on a treadmill only spree to get myself back into running again. I guess it will take me longer than I thought to walk there.:confused3

I just noticed this thread and it sounds like a great idea. I just got back into going to the gym and this is a fun way to keep track of my progress. I started this last night and did 4 miles on the bike and 2 on the elliptical so I'm 6/1125.

Leslie

Did 15.5 miles on my bike yesterday. It's not as good of a workout as the treadmill, but it will get me to Disney quicker...lol. I couldn't get to the gym and normally I wouldn't work out at all, but I felt guilty not adding to my journey so I did my bike at home...this really works to keep me motivated! :yay:

Leslie

New total is 14.56/1287. I need to get a new battery for my pedometer as the battery just died!

Judy

Me too! Guess I also have to figure out how to get to the battery.

Anyway, I added about 6 miles this weekend with carious outings. Bringing me to 67.8/1025. With the nicer weather though, there are plans to start walking more plus walking to some of the more local outings needed...library, Target, park, etc.

Just a drive-by to update my travel...
I have now gone 61.22 miles out of 220 to the Magic Kingdom!!
I have 158.78 miles to go.

Keep it up everyone!:banana:

I'm going to get started on the walk! I am 502 miles away. :) :woohoo:

Tomorrow I am off so I think we'll start by taking a walk to the park and around the natural trails :cool1:

I added another 10.09 miles so am at 24.65/1287. I found another pedometer but still need to change the battery on my other one.
Judy

I did another 5.5 miles on the expresso bikes at the gym. Anyone ever use these? Very intense workout. They are virtual reality exercise bikes where you bike through various trails. I'm addicted! 27/1125

Leslie

Hope I can join in? I'm not sure how far away I am from Disney, at least 1,000miles but I'll find out for sure when I start my walk. Think this will be fun....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter