Walking through Epcot before opening?

leebee

DIS Veteran
We have park hopper tickets and a 9am breakfast at Ale and Compass (Yacht Club). Can we take the bus to Epcot and walk through the park and out the International Gateway to get to A&C- before World Showcase is officially open?
(I know we could also boat/walk from DHS.)

We have park hopper tickets and a 9am breakfast at Ale and Compass (Yacht Club).
1. Can we take the bus to Epcot and walk through the park and out the International Gateway to get to A&C- before World Showcase is officially open?
2. (I know we could also boat/walk from DHS.)
1. Only after the park is actually open (World showcase does not have to be open, but Epcot's gates must be open to guests.)
2. If your reservation is sometime after Epcot is open, you can walk through, but only if you have valid tickets or APs.
World Showcase is open for full access to and from the International Gateway when the Epcot front gates open.

Last edited:

I would recommend taking the bus to Hollywood Studios instead, and walk, Skyliner, or boat to Yacht Club.

That's what we've done in the past. Even if you can get into Epcot that early, it takes a fair bit of time to walk through to get to Ale & Compass. Much faster to go to HS and either walk or take the boat.

Even if Epcot were open, you wouldn’t want the hassle of entering the park (especially at busy times); I made that mistake once when traveling to the Yacht Club. The more efficient and less aggravating route to YC would be via DHS.

Lyft and Uber aren't an option: No cell phone, so no apps.
Where at DHS is the Skyliner? Is the IG the first stop? That might be a fun option... if we don't get stuck!

Where at DHS is the Skyliner? Is the IG the first stop? That might be a fun option... if we don't get stuck!
The skyliner is close to the bus loops at DHS. You have to transfer to another gondola at Caribbean Beach and then it takes you to IG

Take a taxi. It will not cost much, and will save you a ton of time. Disney recommends you allow 90 minutes to make it to an ADR using their transportation. So unless you are willing to be walking out of your resort at 7:30 am, take a taxi.

We did the Candlelight Package for Ale and Compass breakfast. The buffet is continental and you order a hot entree. Very good.

We were staying at Boardwalk, so a quick walk.

Skyliner is a bad choice from HS. It requires a transfer
Walk from HS or taxi from your hotel

Well, I ended up with the most expensive option of all: Valet parking at Yacht Club. We were going to take the hotel bus to DHS and walk from there, but the bus never showed up. When I had 55 mins left before the ADR, we hopped in the car and headed for the Yacht Club. The traffic was a NIGHTMARE- and I learned to drive in Boston, am not phased by San Francisco or NYC traffic. Once I got to the YC I was told 2 hours free parking or $33 for valet, good all day at any WDW valet station. Well, I decided for the $8 difference between a theme park lot and valet, it was worth it to NOT have to go back out into the stupidity that was the highways around WDW on the morning of Christmas Eve. Other than the parking snafu and the drizzly weather, it was an amazing day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter