• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Walking Through DTD in the Early Morning

spacemouseneer

Mouseketeer
We are staying at the BWPPI this time around and I am renting a car from Alamo a couple days on the trip, and need to walk through DTD to get there early in the morning. Does anyone know about the security stations. What time do they open? Disneyland opens at 10 am one day and 8am the other. Do they block off access during the night?

Any info would be appriciated.

Spacemouseneer

, and need to walk through DTD to get there early in the morning. Does anyone know about the security stations. What time do they open?

I have found that they are usually maned about 6-6:30 in the morning.
But even if they are you would have no problem getting through them and crossing the esplanade to the other side.

Do they block off access during the night?

I have never run across this problem, sometimes areas are roped off for maintenace work, but there has always been a detour around it.

We were there one year when they closed Disneyland early to practice the 50th fireworks. The security was not manned and you could just walk through. I do not think it will be an issue for you.

The security is for the parks, to do bag checks to make people feel more secure as they go into a very crowded public place. So if the parks aren't opened, they won't keep you from navigating up and down DTD over to Harbor and back by closing things off. Heck, they want you to be able to get to all the stores and restaurants even if the parks and therefor security checkpoints aren't open!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter