Walking the parks!!

Babsydoodle

Mouseketeer
Silly question, but have any of you ladies walked the park the new toning shoes from Skechers or Reebok or Avia? Need any opinions before I invest in them cuz the are expensive!:hippie::hippie:

Not a silly question! I am curious too. I haven't tried them out yet but I would be most looking for something that made my feet and legs feel good. I would imagine though that they should be broken in a bit first to get used to.

We just returned from a week and I was wondering how many would be wearing those shoes. Have to say not many! I could probably count on one had the number of pairs I saw each day. I actually was amazed that I didn't see more. I have a friend who says they are very comfortable but as the report on the Today show said, the only reason they work as far as toning is because people tend to do more walking in them.

I don't have the expensive ones, I have the ones put out by Champion (Called "Trim Step" $37 at Target).

I definitely notice a difference. I walk a mile every day on my lunch break, and usually don't really feel anything, but the first day I wore these I could definitely feel it in my thighs and butt. The reason why (I think) it works is because when you walk on an incline, you lean forward, using different muscles. This sort of forces you to do that all the time.

However, I find them comfortable for walking around, but not for standing in one place. So, with long lines, it might not be ideal.

Also, I always worry about wearing sneakers to parks and having them get wet.

I had a new pair of Reebok's that I wore the entire 8 days I was at Disney. While I really see no difference in my "physical" appearance as a result of wearing them; I have to say they are very comfortable.

The one thing I find different from other "walking" shoes is there is a tendency to "trip" if you aren't using proper walking form. That isn't really a big issue for me, but if I'm feeling tired and not picking up my feet correctly, there is that little tripping motion from the rounded ball in the front of the shoes.

I walk a minimum of 3 miles per day x4 per week and use the shoes to work out to P90X as well. I like them.

I am not a sandals or flip flop person, so I always have some type of sneaker on at Disney.
I have the Naturalizer version and wore them at WDW last weekend. I agree that I don't see any physical plusses but, the comfort is amazing. Usually, by the end of a full day, my feet are sweating and have hot spots no matter the thickness or comfort of the socks.
On Sat, I started at Epcot for rope drop and finished at DHS/Last Tour To Endor at 1:30AM Sunday and as I walked to my car, (I try not to use the trams unless it is bad weather - walked over 22,000 steps that day), I realized my feet were ready to keep going. Not sweaty, no hot spots and still walking comfortably.
I plan to look into the less expensive versions so I have an extra pair to trade off. I can definitely say the comfort is worth it. But, as with any shoes, if you decide to buy them, give yourself enough time to break them in and get use to walking in them before the trip.

Karin

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter