Walking Softly and Carrying a Big Stick: A TR-Approved TR Updated 8/30

Once we'd finished our delightful meal at the CP, we made our way up to the Fantasyland rope drop, which was empty. When the rope was dropped a few minutes later, we paraded through to our top first attraction, Peter, and were kindly congratulated by CMs waving with Mickey hands along our journey for being the first visitors of the day to enter Fantasyland. :goodvibes

We then achieved one of our fav goals of riding in the first Peter ship to sail that day. :woohoo:

As per usual, we next proceeded to Dumbo and enjoyed a too-short ride after a not-too-long wait. Next up was a trip to see our good pal Pooh.

We then had a hankering for some Frontier frolicking, so we departed from the land of Fantasy. Jen came across some outlaws, but luckily Liberty Square had just the right restraints for them. :cool2:

It was time for some scadoobaling, and Splash gladly obliged us by presenting to us a completely empty queue area.

We got to run right through and place our request to the confused CMs that we would like only row three, explaing that, yes, we understood that the rest of our log would be empty and we could split up into rows one and two. Once we entered our ideal row, we spread a Dollar Tree poncho out on our seat (it was soaked since no one had yet ridden in that log this morning), sat down, and waved a fond farewell to the CMs who found us so very odd.

Splashing around in our own log was perfection! We got to scadooble as loudly as we wanted to and to our hearts' content! Before the drop we even shrouded ourselves in an extra poncho and were able to remain quite dry (we cared so much on this particular ride since we'd unfortunately be flying home in these clothes in a few short hours, and wanted to avoid any grossness as much as we could).

In addition to keeping us dry, our poncho blanket made us look really awesome in this photo of the three of us exploding out of the only occupied row in our log. If we ever need proof of just how awesome we are, here it is.

Also the fact that we took a redneck photo of the Splash photo is pretty good.

Delighted with our ride, we proceeded to the exit and were even more delighted to have a dream come true - we were presented with dream ears!

Lest you've forgotten how absurdly long this TR is taking to complete, let this artifact remind you that it was still the YOAMD when we were there. So, on this trip we had won dream FPs at MGM and now Mickey ears, and we'd also won dream ears during our trip in 2007, so overall we had quite good YOAMD luck.

With our ears securely on our heads, we hopped the train to Toontown and were delighted to find a finally acceptably small crowd in the judge's tent waiting to meet Mickey. We were soon ushered in for our meet and greet with Mickey and Minnie. We took some pics

with our dream ears, which Mickey kept accidentally knocking off Jen's head with his own ears. We also switched to our tiaras for some pics since we wanted some pics of us in our signature look with the mice!

Jen looks super-odd in this pic, but Mickey and Minnie look so adorable that she is ignoring that fact and including it here in our TR for your enjoyment.

After a lovely meeting, we decided to check on the wait times for the other characters. It turned out the princesses barely had any wait, so in we went! Princess meets are usually pretty awkward for us since we are the same ages as these CP princesses and they always stay in character and pretty much speak to us as if we were 3-year-olds, so this time we just played along and probably made things really awkward for them. We even copied their poses.

We then skipped out of the character meeting spot and into the gift shop of the judge's tent, where we were delighted to immediately begin dancing to the High School Musical soundtrack we heard playing. There was no one in there, and nary a CM in sight, so we browsed and danced it up for a while.

When we felt we were all danced out, we skittered over to the teacups for a spin. Dizzying, but worth it.

Then we had a hankering for some piracy and its many shining rewards, so we headed through the hub to Adventureland, stopping along the way for some pics with our dream ears in front of the castle.

We enjoyed a great ride on Pirates, and then got in some Frontier shopping. Jen and Liz used our remaining snack credits to buy our fav Frontierland cookies to take home.

Then we took in another top attraction, the Jamboree. Love those bears. :love:

We also stopped by the Hall of Presidents to get some pics with TR in our new ears. And then we left.

Next we decided to zip to the future, so we headed to Tomorrowland and enjoyed a rousing round of Buzz.

After Buzz we debated riding Space Mountain, but it was getting late, so we weren't sure we'd have enough time to ride (though there was no wait). Instead, we of course opted for a ride on our favorite, John Carousel. Though we deemed we would not have enough time for a 30 second Space ride, we of course thought it appropriate to partake in this 30 minute attraction. :thumbsup2

After wishing John and crew a fond farewell, we set out to finish our day in Fantasyland. We stopped by Pooh's playful spot for a pic.

Then it was on to the carousel. There was an absurdly long line for it (there's never a line!), but we waited and enjoyed a ride.

Next up was Philharmagic, which was also packed! But great, nonetheless.

We then attempted to use our FPs for Peter, which we wanted to be the last ride of our trip, only to be told that Peter had broken down!! What?!? We were outraged! :scared1:

At least Philharmagic is a pretty good last attraction, but it’s not nearly the same as Peter! Feeling forlorn, we made our way out to the exit of the MK. Jen stopped at Casey’s and got a hotdog with one of her two remaining CS credits, and we all stopped at a bench near the flagpole so Jen could eat and we could enjoy the sights and sounds of the MK one last time.

Jen would like to publicly apologize now for this – she underestimated the time it would take to get back to the GF via the boat launch and then to collect the carry-on bags we had checked with the luggage room, so she insisted we stay at the MK longer than Laura and Liz wanted to. As a result, we didn’t get a chance to go to Saspy’s to use up the one CS credit we each had left – we’d been planning to get sandwiches to take with us to the airport and eat on the plane. Again, apologies to Laura and Liz!

Liz and Laura eventually forgave Jen and we reluctantly boarded the Magical Express bus once it arrived (far too early for our liking). We had an uneventful trip to the airport and back home. Thus concluded our amazing week at the GF, and began our longing to plan another trip. Luckily since this TR has taken so long to write, we can happily report that we will be returning to DW in a few short weeks! :cheer2:

We will be staying at the Poly, and plan to live-tweet our trip. So please follow us on Twitter @VBsHustla (link also in our signature) for live crowd and weather reports, food reviews and pictures, and tons of atmosphere pics. We also plan to do a trip report and dining review, probably under the new username Jen recently adopted, UncleOrville. If you’re reading this, we’d be honored if you followed our next TR!

Thanks so much to those who followed along with our trip! If anyone comes across our TR after the thread has been closed and has any questions, please PM us – we’re more than happy to answer questions, share tips, or just say hi!

And remember, always walk softly and carry a big stick.

I've been catching up with your TR over the past few weeks to count down to my two week trip on Wednesday, and I'm glad to see that I'm now only 2 and a bit days away! It's been an awesome read - I looved all the pictures and stories you had to tell :goodvibes
I'm super jealous you were at the GF though, and that you'll be at the Poly in a little while - I have to make do with POP for the time being, but I stayed in the Poly a few years ago and loved it :love: Oh well, maybe when I'm not a poor student, I can go back :cloud9:

Hope you have a great trip in September too, can't wait to hear all about that one!

I've been catching up with your TR over the past few weeks to count down to my two week trip on Wednesday, and I'm glad to see that I'm now only 2 and a bit days away! It's been an awesome read - I looved all the pictures and stories you had to tell :goodvibes
I'm super jealous you were at the GF though, and that you'll be at the Poly in a little while - I have to make do with POP for the time being, but I stayed in the Poly a few years ago and loved it :love: Oh well, maybe when I'm not a poor student, I can go back :cloud9:

Hope you have a great trip in September too, can't wait to hear all about that one!

Thanks so much for reading! Wow, you're going so soon - have a great time!! :cheer2: Our trip begins on September 12, so maybe we'll see you in the parks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter