Walking/Running Paths at OKW

ddhoeg

Mouseketeer
We will be arriving at OKW in a few weeks and I'm hoping to balance some exercise with all of the holiday eating. Can anyone recommend paths to walk or run around that area? Are there continuous sidewalks from OKW to DTD? Ideally I would like to have a 3-4 mile path for walkers and a 5-8 mile trek for runners in the family. Thanks so much!

Yes, there is an asphalt walkway to DTD, with a side trip open to Saratoga Springs. Robo should be by shortly with one of his customized maps ;)< but just head toward building 55 and follow the canal, past the golf course to DTD West Side. :goodvibes

It is 0.93 miles from bldg 55 to Cirque and another mile thru DD over to SSR. If you run thru SSR and then back to OKW HH area you should be able to get in around 5 miles easily.

Enjoy! :)

Thank you both for the great information! I really appreciate it. Would you suggest doing some version of that route everyday or are there any other paths to try and mix it up?

One thing about the path along Trumbo Canal to SSR - it isn't lit, so you can't run it in the dark. But if you go once the sun is up, you can go through DTD, around SSR and even along the DTD Hotel area. Just stay off roadsides where there isn't a sidewalk or Disney Security will ask you to turn around (like they did my husband).

Thank you both for the great information! I really appreciate it. Would you suggest doing some version of that route everyday or are there any other paths to try and mix it up?

You can easily get in a couple of miles just on the OKW sidewalks and the same around SSR without the need to deal with any major roadways. I'd stay away from any road used as access into a resort. You should also stay away from the cart paths and fairways on the course as that can be pretty dangerous (and they will stop you and direct you away from the course).

Enjoy!

Any day I'm playing golf, you can run right down the middle of the fairways of the golf course and be completely safe!

Thank you for all the suggestions and resource links. It looks like there are plenty of ways to get a calorie burn around there!! We had a great trip to OKW 6 years ago and are looking forward to rediscovering it all over again this year:).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter