Walking from Mickey and Friends to Parks

adykate

Mouseketeer
Last time we were at the parks, we could walk along a path from the Mickey and Friends parking to Downtown Disney to get to the parks. Somewhat recently I thought I read that path is no longer there? Is that true? Is there still a way to walk from the Mickey parking area through Downtown to the park entrances?

Last time we were at the parks, we could walk along a path from the Mickey and Friends parking to Downtown Disney to get to the parks. Somewhat recently I thought I read that path is no longer there? Is that true? Is there still a way to walk from the Mickey parking area through Downtown to the park entrances?
The old walking path is no longer accessible. These are the current directions to walk from the structure to Downtown Disney. After you come down the escalator you’ll go back into the structure next to the elevators to cross the tram path. From there you will walk next to the tram path to the first exit out which puts you into the Pinocchio parking area. From there you will walk out of the parking lot, cross the street into the Downtown Disney parking lot and then walk to one of the 2 Downtown Disney security screenings on that side.

Yeah, the old path that followed the tram road is no longer but there is a marked pedestrian pathway that takes you to the DTD entrance right by ESPN zone.

Is it basically the same distance/time walking as the old path? Trying to decide best way to come into parks from staying nearby offsite, but with someone who has knee issues. Usually we would walk all the way in, but wondering if walking to Mickey tram is better, if we should walk all the way, or drive and park (silent groan as I hate having to drive in, lol!)

Is it basically the same distance/time walking as the old path? Trying to decide best way to come into parks from staying nearby offsite, but with someone who has knee issues. Usually we would walk all the way in, but wondering if walking to Mickey tram is better, if we should walk all the way, or drive and park (silent groan as I hate having to drive in, lol!)
Just a FYI you can’t cut across through the parking structure from the cast member lot behind it anymore. You have to swipe a cast ID to unlock a gate at the bottom of that stairwell now. If you were to walk it would make more sense to continue to walk into Downtown Disney then to walk into the parking structure from the exit by Downtown Disney.

It is a little longer in distance. Maybe an extra 5-7 minutes.

I stay that the Holiday Inn all the time behind the M&F garage. We walk it but we are bale bodied adults that can move at a brisk pace. With no tram wait, it is about the same time all things being equal but if there is a backup or line, walking is quicker. Only time we Tram it is if upon leaving there is zero backup at DTD to get on the next tram.

Now with a knee issue, tram may be a consideration.

I stay that the Holiday Inn all the time behind the M&F garage. We walk it but we are bale bodied adults that can move at a brisk pace. With no tram wait, it is about the same time all things being equal but if there is a backup or line, walking is quicker.

When you stay at the Holiday Inn behind the M&F garage, do you walk south on Walnut and then cut through to DTD via Magic Way?

Only time we Tram it is if upon leaving there is zero backup at DTD to get on the next tram.

You can board the tram at DTD? Or do you need to walk back towards the Pinocchio/M&F lots to board?

TIA!! :thanks:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter