• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Walking Fort Wilderrness

NumberOneDisneyFan

#1 Disney Fan
We can spend the better part of a day just walking the grounds with the kids.

Wild deer, rabbits, birds...

Awesome property!

:thumbsup2

I agree, its a wonderful property. Last time we saw a deer swim across one of the canal's. Thats the geat part about bring along the dog, it force you to stop and take a walk....sambuster (steve)

The fort is a great place to walk. I also like to take the trail over to Wilderness lodge every now and then for a different lunch choice, then relax and watch the pool fun and catch the boat back to the fort.

On our very first visit to the Fort, my DH and I took a walk after setting up our camper and as we walked along the path adjacent to the lake this is who we saw...

9c03e979-935c-4a4b-b7ea-9bce77c00742_zpse629793f.jpg

He was too cute! :)

Uggggg! Being from the deep south, there is no way he is cute, in my book. LOL We literally hate them, and they are so plentiful that the road kill is terrible. :goodvibes

Once a small boy saw one as road kill and asked his mom what it was.

She replied "armadillo" but he heard "armored jello" so it made perfect sense to him!

I prefer them to possums....nasty overgrown rats.

Pioneers used to barbeque armadillos....tasted like pork to me. Since the discovery that they can transmit leprosy, most folks just leave them alone. They make deep holes in the lawn....you can break a leg if you fall in one in the dark.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter