• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Walking Distance?

Anna1227

Mouseketeer
My husband and I are planning our first trip to Disney World, and we are figuring out how everything works.

I know that Disney World is a huge complex, and to get to most places we'll have to take a bus/monorail/boat. While we are there, I wanted to eat at or visit several of the other resorts, and was just wondering if there were any that are walking distance from the parks or DTD.

I know that the definition of walking distance can vary from person to person, but we'll be two reasonably fit adults without any children this trip.

So what resorts (or anything else) are within walking distance of:

MK:

Epcot:

DHS:

AK:

DTD:

POFQ (where we are planning on staying): just PORS?

Thanks! :)

MK- The Contemporary

Epcot/DHS - Boardwalk, Beach Club and Yacht Club, Swan, and Dolphin.

AK- Can't walk to

DTD- Saratoga Springs has a walking path, I think that is it.

There are other resorts close enough that you "could" walk to the parks, but it would be dangerous to do so (no sidewalks and such). From POFQ, the only walk is to POR like you mentioned. There is a boat to go to DTD if you want.

MK- The Contemporary

Epcot/DHS - Boardwalk, Beach Club and Yacht Club, Swan, and Dolphin.

AK- Can't walk to

DTD- Saratoga Springs has a walking path, I think that is it.

There are other resorts close enough that you "could" walk to the parks, but it would be dangerous to do so (no sidewalks and such). From POFQ, the only walk is to POR like you mentioned. There is a boat to go to DTD if you want.

We tried walking outside the parks. I agree, WDW is not set up to walk outside the parks. :laundy:
It is very dangerous to walk outside the parks; even the parking lots can be scary at night. :scared1::scared1::scared1:

Good luck all,
Joe

There is also a walking path from DTD to OKW.

Generally though, you can take a boat/monorail to some closer resorts to look around (From MK can pretty easily get to the Poly, for example).

I'm not sure if you're ONLY asking about walking ...... there's other ways to easily to get to many of the resorts from a park. I agree with you completely that it's great to check out these places, especially since they're deluxe resorts and and quite well themed. Dining at one of the resorts will give you additional quick service or table service restaurants.

From the MK it's less than 10" walk to the CR, but you can also take the resort monorail (or a little boat) to the Poly and GF. You can take a boat to WL or Fort Wilderness and there's a trail between these 2 resorts that is somewhere between 1/2 to 1 mile long (been awhile since I walked it).

From Epcot you can exit at the International Gateway and go to the resorts listed above and it's a 15-20" walk from DHS (I don't walk very quickly). You can also take the boat from either of those parks, as long as the work on the boat docks is finished.

We often stay at OKW and love to walk to SSR and DTD. The path starts at the farthest most building from the main building at OKW and goes to West End.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter