Walking Distance from Staybridge Suites Hotel to DTD?

disneyerin

DIS Veteran
Just wondering if anyone knows how long it takes to walk to Downtown Disney from Staybridge Suites. :wave:

I look forward to hearing from someone else in the know BUT we are planning to stay there in Oct.
From my research, you walk about .3 ish miles to the Mickey and Friends parking structure. From there you can take the tram to the park entrance.
If you don’t take the tram, there’s a walkway which makes it’s about a 1.5 walk.

Hopefully it is as easy as it sounds. 🤞🤞

It depends on which Staybridge Suites you mean. The previous one at Manchester Av (which has changed hands) was walkable to from DTD within around half an hour / 40 minutes or so, but you had to be generally fit in order to do it. It was never an unpleasant walk before, but since the new hotels have been built along Katella it's probably feels quite a bit safer as a result.

I look forward to hearing from someone else in the know BUT we are planning to stay there in Oct.
From my research, you walk about .3 ish miles to the Mickey and Friends parking structure. From there you can take the tram to the park entrance.
If you don’t take the tram, there’s a walkway which makes it’s about a 1.5 walk.

I’m referring to the location at the corner of W. Ball & Disneyland Dr.

You cannot walk INTO the parking structure to access the trams, at least not easily. It requires a lot of backtracking by using the pedestrian bridge that goes over Disneyland Drive. And then standing in the lines for security and then the trams.

If you are staying at this hotel, you just walk into Downtown Disney and then to the parks. Walk up Disneyland Drive, cross at Magic Way and then join the walking path into Downtown Disney that ends near the former ESPN zone. The security check there is super quick to go through. You can then take the monorail into Disneyland or walk to the Esplanade to DCA.

It's a 20 minute walk all the way to the Esplanade.

Last edited:
You cannot walk INTO the parking structure to access the trams, at least not easily. It requires a lot of backtracking by using the pedestrian bridge that goes over Disneyland Drive. And then standing in the lines for security and then the trams.

If you are staying at this hotel, you just walk into Downtown Disney and then to the parks. Walk up Disneyland Drive, cross at Magic Qay and then join the walking path into Downtown Disney that ends near the former ESPN zone. The security check there is super quick to go through. You can then take the monorail into Disneyland or walk to the Esplanade to DCA.

It's a 20 minute walk all the way to the Esplanade.
Ooooof! Well shucks. I’m glad the OP asked. (I was planning on it closer to time of travel…) Looking forward to hearing others too

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter