Walking a reservation (with a twist)?

Happy Birthday Cat

<font color=teal>Wonders if the <font color=deeppi
I have a reservation situation that I have never had to deal with before.

We plan on reserving a 2 BR at the BWV next February. Next Thursday is the beginning of the 11 month window. We will reserve it for a week and then I will call back the following week to add on the last two days. We will be checking in on February 18 and checking out on February 27, 2011.

There is a strong possibility that we may do a 4 day cruise on the new Disney ship from Sunday the 20th to Thursday the 24th.

If we do that and cancel our 4 nights at the BWV, do we risk losing our reservation for either the beginning or end of our current reservation?

I know if we cut four days at the end of a reservation or four days from the beginning, the remainder of our reservation would remain in tact. But what about the middle? Will both ends remain in tact? Seems to me like one would have to become a separate (new) reservation.

One easy answer (or so it seems) is to do two separate reservations but the problem with that is the reservation from the date of check in. That is Presidents' week 2011 and I'm concerned that if I try and do two separate reservations, our room category (Boardwalk view) will have already been scooped up by others when I call back to make the separate reservation.

Thoughts? Has anyone ever canceled the middle of a reservation before and if so, what happened?

HBC

Your're right. You can drop days or add days at the begining or end but you can not drop days in the middle. Your way around this would be to create two seperate reservations. One at the front end and one at the back. If you don't need to drop days in the middle, you can have the ressies linked. Decide as you get closer to the reservation. I doubt the 2 bedrooms will sell out in the 15 minutes it's going to take to make 2 ressies.

David

--

How many points do you have to play with, HBC? How about making a reservation for Feb. 18 -25 and then calling again on on March 20 and making a separate reservation for Feb. 20 - 27. Then drop the overlapping days from the first reservation or (depending on your points situation) just keep both reservations until you know what you will do about the cruise. You will probably have to put one reservation in your name and another in your spouse's name because the CM may not allow you to have 2 reservations in the same name for the same dates.
You can't drop days from the middle of a single reservation. Good luck!

Your're right. You can drop days or add days at the begining or end but you can not drop days in the middle.

You can't drop days from the middle of a single reservation.

That is what I wasn't sure about but thought to be true.
Your're right. You can drop days or add days at the begining or end but you can not drop days in the middle. Your way around this would be to create two seperate reservations. One at the front end and one at the back.

How about making a reservation for Feb. 18 -25 and then calling again on on March 20 and making a separate reservation for Feb. 20 - 27. Then drop the overlapping days from the first reservation or (depending on your points situation) just keep both reservations until you know what you will do about the cruise.

That is the solution! I can actually make the first for 6 nights beginning on Friday and then the second one for 7 nights beginning on Sunday. We have quite a few banked points in our 2010 use year so this will work for us. Thank you for your help.

Decide as you get closer to the reservation. I doubt the 2 bedrooms will sell out in the 15 minutes it's going to take to make 2 ressies.

The problem is that it is two days between reservations and that is a busy week for the most popular type of room. But I was originally thinking of waiting 6 days for the second reservation. I will take JJ's advice and call after only two.

Thank you both for helping me to think this through. Proof that even after 11 years of DVC, we all don't all know the answers to everything. Well, at least not me. ;)

HBC

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter