Walkie talkies

Trixster

Mouseketeer
Has anyone ever bought a couple of these in the Uk and used them in US? In other words, are UK ones compatable/legal in the US.

The reason I ask is that when we wen t to WDW last year, the most stress me and my DW had was trying to meet up at a certain place at a certain time after going our separate ways, but got sidetracked due to broken down ride, queue longer than anticipated etc.

Would anyone recommend buying any to help with this problem, or am I making too much of this issue.

I believe that UK radios work on different frequencies to those in the US and may interfere with emergency services communications if used over there.

You can pick up US radios quite cheaply at Walmart though :)

The UK ones definatly work on a different frequency and technically you will be breaking the law by using UK walkie talkies in the USA (and vice versa).

As the PP said, you'd do better doing a quick trip to Wal-Mart and picking up some USA ones.

I need to go to Walmart on day one anyway to pick up food etc.

Thanks for that, I was about to ask for one for xmas and would have been breaking the law.

Have a think about maybe ordering some Net10 phones from walmart to have delivered to your resort.

We've done this but had them delivered to family in the US who are posting them over to us.

this touches on an idea I have had for a while, 2 (or 3 )US mobiles that are broght back to Uk and passed on via dis to the next lot of holiday makers- do you think that there would be any takers for this idea!!

I suggested this a few weeks back but nobody replied... :(

can't belive I missed that, I have been thinking about it for a while, and I was all set to put a post on . I will see if anyone else responds on here, then put a post up. My problem is that my mum back in hospital, so I don't want to be the one who is meant to say I will buy them until I def know that we can still go on the 22nd dec.

i think the phone tip rather than walkie talkies is better, the channels do get busy in the parks so less reliable IMHO

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter