Walker Scooter said to us "Take a chill pill!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

ILoveMyGirls

DIS Veteran
Can you believe that Walker Scooter, the OWNER, told us last night about 10pm to "Take a chill pill" when we called to say that our scooter was not here. We were not nasty with him at all. We needed it to take to Disney this a.m. and he said "Take a chill pill!!". OMG were we shocked as we had such a positive experience with them last time around. We had 7:10 am breakfast at Chef Mickey and I can't walk well at all so I needed it. He told us "we open at 7:30 am and they would deal with it then". What a joke of a person to own a company who deals with disabled people such as myself.

Next time, we will use Apple Scooters.

The owner of Walker is the one who needs to take a chill pill and apologize to us for not having our scooter here as scheduled last night. Geese.

p.s. It is so cold here.

I'm not sure if you paid for the scooter to be there at the time you wanted, but if you did he owes you a credit. I would read the by-laws as to when it's suppose to be there on the day of your agreement and get a credit if he hasn't complied.

Can you believe that Walker Scooter, the OWNER, told us last night about 10pm to "Take a chill pill" when we called to say that our scooter was not here. We were not nasty with him at all. We needed it to take to Disney this a.m. and he said "Take a chill pill!!". OMG were we shocked as we had such a positive experience with them last time around. We had 7:10 am breakfast at Chef Mickey and I can't walk well at all so I needed it. He told us "we open at 7:30 am and they would deal with it then". What a joke of a person to own a company who deals with disabled people such as myself.

Next time, we will use Apple Scooters.

The owner of Walker is the one who needs to take a chill pill and apologize to us for not having our scooter here as scheduled last night. Geese.

p.s. It is so cold here.

I hope that you finally received your scooter. I hope he also apologized for being rude:sad2:.

That is so upsetting to hear! I had a very positive experience using Walker Mobility last year and will be using them for our trip in a few days. I'm disgusted by his behavior and hope you fight for your credit and that you at least got your scooter at a "reasonable" time.

We had to order the scooter starting the previous day with apple this year due to early morning plans. Perhaps her scooter wasn't scheduled until that day. I hope it worked out in the end. It seems that the op must have some walking ability if she got to the hotel in the first place. If she was on property they will loan a wc. Just in case someone else comes up against something like this.

Maybe the owner was asleep when called. 10:00 is pretty late for some people.

Maybe the owner was asleep when called. 10:00 is pretty late for some people.

There is no excuse for treating someone with that attitude. But we do not know all of the circumstances on the otherside of the phone. Maybe he had a personal emergency or something he was dealing with.

There is no excuse for treating someone with that attitude. But we do not know all of the circumstances on the otherside of the phone. Maybe he had a personal emergency or something he was dealing with.

I agree. But, if the contract didn't start until the next day, however, they might have been a bit irritated to be called. Telling someone to chill isn't exactly the rudest comment that could have been made.

If I recall, this has come up before. The employees at Walker Medical are quite good at customer service, but the owner himself is Not Good with customers At All.

If I recall, this has come up before. The employees at Walker Medical are quite good at customer service, but the owner himself is Not Good with customers At All.

That's what I was thinking. I hope after this he'll consider (as a good businessman) to start allowing the good-with-customers-staff to take the after-hours calls. I was a little hesitant after hearing the last complaint about him but now I'm thinking Apple is looking better and better each day.

Hello Everyone. As you know there are two sides to every story. So being it has been a few days I thought I would write to explain the situation. I will start with the facts:

1. ILoveMyGirls scooter was delivered at 5:32 pm that day to address that was given by guest. The rental pay period did not start until the following day.

2. "Take a chill pill" was taken out of context. The guest started making demands and rifling at me and I replied chill out I have your back don't worry we will get to the bottom of this. The guest was at the resorts clubhouse and said there was another scooter there and could he take that one so I checked our records and saw this scooter was being picked up in the morning. I said yes please take that one and phone me at 9am the next morning because that scooter had not gone through our maintenance and I wanted to make sure he had a good working scooter for his stay.

3.I tried phoning the guest after 9am because I hadn't heard from him. I left him a voice mail to call me at his soonest convenience. In the meantime we dispatched a driver to locate his delivered scooter from the day before. The driver retrieved the scooter from the address given and redelivered to the guest at the Magic Kingdom. The guest seemed to be happy. So myself and General Manager had left voice messages asking him to please call us and let us know if everything is alright. The guest has not returned our calls.

As a Walt Disney World Preferred Vendor we value your business. We stay open from 7:30am till 11:00pm everyday of the year for your vacation peace of mind. We are entering our fourth decade in business and will continue to make your vacation a pleasurable one.

If anyone should have any questions please feel free to contact us at 1.888.SCOOTER. We would like to hear from you.

Best regards,

John R. Walker
President
Walker Mobility

I have rented scooters from Walker Mobility for about ten years. I am sorry the original poster did not have a good experience. Fortunately I have always received wonderful service. Earlier this week I checked into a WDW resort and found out I could stay for three nights (could not get the last two until I checked in). I called Walker Mobility and the young lady was very helpful. They delivered a scooter to the resort by 8 p.m. the first evening.

I would like to chime in on the side of walkers. I had a misunderstanding with my scooter in November. When I went to pick it up the concierge located it and said the battery was dead and there was no charger. She called walkers...I couldn't hear their half of the call, but the appeared to be telling her where to look for the charger. Eventually walkers said they would send someone over. When he got there it turned out that the battery was not dead, it had been put in freewheel mode so when the key was turned on it didn't work. As for no charger, well, instead of the big bulky charger, this scooter just had a cord. It was in the back pocket of the seat the whole time. Walker had done nothing wrong, they even sent someone over, and when I got home I noticed they had credited me a portion of the fee even though I never requested it, or expected it of them. I am a satisfied repeat customer of theirs. Any minor problems I have ever had have always been handled quickly.

Hello Everyone. As you know there are two sides to every story. So being it has been a few days I thought I would write to explain the situation. I will start with the facts:

1. ILoveMyGirls scooter was delivered at 5:32 pm that day to address that was given by guest. The rental pay period did not start until the following day.

2. "Take a chill pill" was taken out of context. The guest started making demands and rifling at me and I replied chill out I have your back don't worry we will get to the bottom of this. The guest was at the resorts clubhouse and said there was another scooter there and could he take that one so I checked our records and saw this scooter was being picked up in the morning. I said yes please take that one and phone me at 9am the next morning because that scooter had not gone through our maintenance and I wanted to make sure he had a good working scooter for his stay.

3.I tried phoning the guest after 9am because I hadn't heard from him. I left him a voice mail to call me at his soonest convenience. In the meantime we dispatched a driver to locate his delivered scooter from the day before. The driver retrieved the scooter from the address given and redelivered to the guest at the Magic Kingdom. The guest seemed to be happy. So myself and General Manager had left voice messages asking him to please call us and let us know if everything is alright. The guest has not returned our calls.

As a Walt Disney World Preferred Vendor we value your business. We stay open from 7:30am till 11:00pm everyday of the year for your vacation peace of mind. We are entering our fourth decade in business and will continue to make your vacation a pleasurable one.

If anyone should have any questions please feel free to contact us at 1.888.SCOOTER. We would like to hear from you.

Best regards,

John R. Walker
President
Walker Mobility

Nevermind.......:rolleyes1

My only experience with Walker was a few years back when I had a friend coming to stay with us for 3 weeks before Christmas. She has RA and can barely walk so I suggested she rent a scooter for her entire stay with us. I did some searches online and sent her to Walker. When she called to find out pricing for 3 weeks and details about delivery, etc., she was treated so absolutely rudely that she was almost in tears. I don't know who she spoke to but she was told things like "We're very busy, you know, we don't have time to talk to you." She was only asking them for some pricing for her stay and how it would work. I was appalled. I searched and found another company for her and they were great.

I'm sorry the original poster had trouble with Walker but I personally have always had wonderful service from them. I rent my scooter from the day of arrival until the day I leave so it's available to me at the resort from the first moment. I've always conducted business with them via email and it's worked out great. I just used them a couple of weeks ago and got a great scooter just as I asked. It was there and waiting for me even though we arrived earlier than I had requested by about an hour. I think they're a great company and wouldn't hesitate to use them again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter