Walker Mobility

diskids2

<font color=CC66CC>Not above grovelling for a tag
Hi All,

Does anyone have any reviews for Walker Mobility. Not Gold Mobility, but Walker mobility. I am reading a great deal about Gold Mobility - but Walker claims to have the water resistent scooters and since i'm going in July I am wondering.

Thank you!

I haven't heard a lot of chatter about Walker Mobility recently, but in the past they were a popular vendor around here.

Walker has a very reduced inventory at this point in time (less than 50 total units), from what DH has heard, they are decent, but make sure you have a guarantee that the model you rented will be available when you arrive. That is the biggest issue he has heard of is that someone arrives and finds they don't have a device, they of course get refunded, but they still don't have a scooter to use. Please note that this isn't first hand, just DH talking with people at Disney World when we were there.

On a side note, Gold Mobilitys scooters do fine in the rain, as long as your properly cover the controls in the rain. We have used them in complete downpours. Although we never had to go through the flooding, but even Walker Mobilitys won't be able to go through the flooding we have seen pictures of reccenty, as it is so deep there would be no way for the wheels to touch the ground, so no way to propel forward.

I rented from Walker Mobility my last two trips, May 2021 and May 2022. I had such good service, I didn't look anywhere else this year. I go the first week of May which is a slower time and had no problems with availability. They put me in the bigger scooter the Triple Lindy due to my weight (around 300 lbs) but I had no problems maneuvering the scooter around. Batteries are good. My battery hardly ever drops off green (we do around 6-8 hours in the parks). I did notice the sign on front said waterproof but the seat is fabric so if you don't cover it you're going to have a wet bottom. I try and request a hot pink one because they are easier to spot in the park if it gets moved. I would highly recommend them.

Edited to add a photo. Not the best but…28FA15C1-7C8C-4988-97A9-8ECC9B074683.jpeg

NOTE FROM MODERATOR: I FIXED YOUR PHOTO SO ITS INSERTED AND DOESNT NEED TO GE CLICKED TO SEE.

Last edited by a moderator:
I‘m using a Gold Mobility scooter 3 wheel scooter right now. One our neighbors on our floor has 2 Walker Mobility scooters. Both scooters are big and bulky but the Triple Lindy seems to be designed for people over 300 lbs. It’s big and wide and sturdy. They have a plexiglass box for your phone while Gold has a claw/gripper thing that I think works great. I’ve not driven a Walker scooter, but my Gold scooter is nimble and easy to drive. That‘s important in crowds when everyone steps in front of you.

every time I nearly nail another person I say to my husband, “Always watching.”

1653081837833.gif

I’ve been using Walker since1999 and only had one issue-which was really mine when I arrived 2 hours earlier than expected. 3 wheel scooter with great turning radius, can be taken apart if you want to put it in the trunk-it fit in my Malibu and Camry, WATERPROOF, nice people. I’ve never had them tell me that scooters were not available.has cell phone holder and charging port for cell phone. Cup holders, and basket also.

We used Walker a couple years ago. The scooters worked perfectly fine, they do need to meet you in person at the Disney resorts. The reason why we changed vendors was because we found their brand Scooters to be heavy duty, large, and bulky, and very difficult for us to maneuver around. We started renting the Pride victory 10 scooters from Gold Mobility and we never looked back. The Gold Mobility service was hands down the best around. Never had an issue with water, we just use the covers they provide.

I used to rent from Walker Mobility, up until around 2017. I never had a scooter fail due to rain. The only problem I had with them was that they would give me a time range when they would pick up or drop off the scooter, like "We'll be there between 10:00 and 11:00", instead of a 5-10 minute warning by text, so sometimesI had to wait a long time. In their defense now, they may have changed to a more accurate texting now since it's been 5 years since I rented from them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter