Walker jiggers runners

Tiggeroo

Grammar Nazi
How warm does it have to be for you to run outside? I am using a fitbit and get most of my steps in at work. Then I hit the treadmill. On the weekends it kind of falls apart because five miles is just too boring on the treadmill.

How warm does it have to be for you to run outside? I am using a fitbit and get most of my steps in at work. Then I hit the treadmill. On the weekends it kind of falls apart because five miles is just too boring on the treadmill.

Temperature doesn't make a difference to me (I was running a few weeks ago in 7 degree temps) but I won't run if it's icy or if there are wet leaves. I broke my foot last year and I'm paranoid about slipping and injuring it again. It jammed me up for a solid four months before I was back to normal.

Buy some compression gear and a neck warmer that you can pull over your face. Then just go!

That reminds me - I was going to bug you about the Spring Lake Five! It is already closed, but there is a Belmar 5K on July 13. There's an Asbury Park race too; I think it's the first weekend in August. Check them out!

I'm not running outside now because everything is icy, and our neighborhood believes in neither sidewalks nor plows. But, if everything were clear and it were 0 F, I could run outside. As long as you have right clothes, it's fine.

That reminds me - I was going to bug you about the Spring Lake Five! It is already closed, but there is a Belmar 5K on July 13. There's an Asbury Park race too; I think it's the first weekend in August. Check them out!

July and August for 5k"s sound reasonable. I ran a mile almost straight thru today. It felt great.

Living in NC it is pretty mild. I actually enjoy running in cooler weather. I think the coldest I have run in would be 23 degrees. The optimal for me would be about 40 degrees. It would have to be 0 or 95 for me to ever run on the " dread mill"!!!!!!:rotfl:

I have run in the mid/low teens, but I HATE it, and usually make those short runs. I actually prefer running in the heat, give me 100 degree days any day of the week over the bitter cold.

I went running last week in -8 and thought the trails would be empty. Nope, everyone had the same idea :lmao: I will not, however, run outdoors if it's over 80. I used the treadmill more in Florida than I do up North!

I need to start doing this on the weekend blast weekend I walked the mall. That was awful.

I have run in the mid/low teens, but I HATE it, and usually make those short runs. I actually prefer running in the heat, give me 100 degree days any day of the week over the bitter cold.

Me too!! Seriously, for running in the cold, it's all about layering, and having gloves/hat. I usually wear a long sleeve, and a hoodie, and running pants. Good gloves or mittens make a big difference. Sometimes just an ear warmer, as opposed to a hat. THe first 1/2 mile or so, i'm chilly. Then everything evens out.

I don't run if the wind chill is below 15. Anything else works for me.

Give me cold any day. I can always add another layer, but there is a limit to how much they will let me take off.

But I prefer the cold anyway. I have run in sub-freezing weather in shorts, long-sleeve tech shirt, hat and gloves. Granted, it was only 4 or 5 miles, but it felt good.

Well, in FL we don't have to deal with the snow/ice but we do get the terrible heat. I run in all FL weather but I make sure to go in the mornings before it is too stinkin' hot.

Haven't encountered running in the rain yet but it's bound to happen as I start prepping for a half this year.

Back in the day (ie before kids) DH and I would go running in sub-zero temperatures.

As others have said, if you dress appropriately (layers, Gore-Tex, etc), you should be fine. In fact, for longer runs (3 miles or more), we started peeling off the outer layers.

It's more the ground conditions - I run on a gravel trail, so it really deteriorates in the winter with all the precip. Even the roads have so much salt/cinders. I'm sticking to the treadmill mostly

But this may sound crazy, but I feel like I work out harder/burn more calories jogging in cold weather. Wonder if that's true.

It's more the ground conditions - I run on a gravel trail, so it really deteriorates in the winter with all the precip. Even the roads have so much salt/cinders. I'm sticking to the treadmill mostly

But this may sound crazy, but I feel like I work out harder/burn more calories jogging in cold weather. Wonder if that's true.

I feel the same...that I can go longer easier when its chilly out.

I think ideal is between 50-60. Of course, TN gets warm fast so I have to run early a.m. in the summers. Cold...I've run at about 35 once this winter but we have not had much cold weather (yet).

I'm going out now and running and it is about 55. :) Perfect. And today is my b-day. I'm going to soak it all in before the rains come again!

Enjoy!!

Oh and the BEST investment DH and I have made to run in are those "sleevies" which you can peel off easily when you warm up. Love, love, love them!! Oh and I almost always wear shorts. :)

my running group and I went running in 8 degree (wind chill) a couple weeks ago--I think that's the coldest run I've done and I definitely prefer 60-70 degrees. I don't mind hot --love getting a good sweat on!
I ran 7 miles last summer when the heat index was 105 degrees outside..I had to stop when my body stopped sweating.I thought it was probably unsafe--ha!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter