Walk up to Crystal Palace possible?

Twice_as_Nice

Mouseketeer
We leave for our sons make a wish trip in 6 days and I have been trying for MONTHS to get a reservation at Crystal Palace for our last day with no luck, I have even been trying our 3rd to last day with no luck lunch or dinner.

At this point I am thinking that we will just try to get in by walking up and seeing if they can squeeze us in, only thing is that if we try to get in the kids will get very excited just going up to the restaurant that it could end in disaster if we don't get in. How possible do you think it would be to walk up and get in as a family of 5 on the 30th, should I even bother? I know it's free dining and that's probably why we haven't been able to get an ADR for it.

Keep checking for an ADR, including the night and the morning of the 30th. The cancellation cutoff to not be charged as a no-show is midnight the day before. Also, if you have not already done so, try for 6 instead of 5.

If you are not able to get a reservation and want to try as a walk up, but not get the kids' hopes up, try to only send the adult without the kids knowing. This would be a hard one to walk up to.

Keep checking for an ADR, including the night and the morning of the 30th. The cancellation cutoff to not be charged as a no-show is midnight the day before. Also, if you have not already done so, try for 6 instead of 5.

Oooh I didn't know to try for 6 instead of 5 I will have to do that right now, is there a reason why it would be different availability?

Seems like the chances are pretty low, too bad because last year at the beginning of September we were able to walk up to both Crystal Palace for lunch and Ohana for breakfast so we were hoping this time might be the same. I will definitely send one of us up to see and the other will do something else with the kids, I thought we all had to be there when we went up so great tip. :)

Just the way that the system is set up for odd numbered parties.

You do not all have to go up to the podium, but you probably do not want to be too far away in case they can take your party. Usually, with most walk ups, you are going to have to wait somewhat to be sat. When I have done walk ups, I usually have at least a 5 minute wait before being sat. So, I would maybe have the adult that is going to go check head that way, and then the rest of the party work your way to that area for some other reason in case there is no walk up available.

Is it more about the restaurant or the characters...? You can see Pooh and Tigger (plus Alice and the Mad Hatter) at 1900 Park Fare breakfast at the Grand Floridian, if you can get a reservation.

We leave for our sons make a wish trip in 6 days and I have been trying for MONTHS to get a reservation at Crystal Palace for our last day with no luck, I have even been trying our 3rd to last day with no luck lunch or dinner.

At this point I am thinking that we will just try to get in by walking up and seeing if they can squeeze us in, only thing is that if we try to get in the kids will get very excited just going up to the restaurant that it could end in disaster if we don't get in. How possible do you think it would be to walk up and get in as a family of 5 on the 30th, should I even bother? I know it's free dining and that's probably why we haven't been able to get an ADR for it.

You could sign up for one of the sites that charges you to search for openings. Is it legal to mention these? I did it anyway because i'm looking for an earlier time for my CP reservation. But I get text alerts often that CP has an opening for 5. I used it to book it once and it worked, but I still get the alerts because i'm hoping for an earlier time.

I've seen a fairly significant number of cancellations for popular restaurants the week prior to a trip. Probably because the cancellation deadline for room only reservations is 5 days ahead of time. I'd keep checking each day before you leave and even during your trip. We've seen some pretty hard to get ADRs pop up last minute. Good luck!!

Thanks everyone, I will for sure keep trying all the way up until we leave. I am pretty sure give kids the world has WIFI so I will try while we are there too, it's a wish trip. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter