Walk to the beach in St. Martin?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by jkovick, Nov 7, 2003.

1. jkovick

jkovick <font color=FF9900>DIS Veteran<br><font color=blue

I think I read in Passporter that you could walk to the beach from the ship in St. Martin. Anyone done this? How far is it? Thanks!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Lloyd Dobler

Lloyd Dobler Hey my brother, can I borrow a copy of your "Hey S

It's a pretty long walk, if they're talking about walking to Great Bay Beach, which would seem to me to be the closest one to the ship. It's about a 10 minute cab ride, so maybe a half-hour walk. Maybe I just remember it being further than it actually is. I do know it's never occurred to me to walk, and I walk everywhere.

They easiest way, in my opinion, is to take the water taxi. It's $5 for the day for unlimited trips. It leaves from the foot of the cruise ship pier and will drop you off right at the beach.

4. jrabbit

jrabbit DIS Veteran

We've walked it. It seems like it took us about 15-20 minutes to get to down town and the beach there.

5. Dave_from_Marietta

Dave_from_Marietta DIS Veteran

Yes, you could walk to Great Bay Beach, but you may find it worth your while to take the water taxi from the dock to downtown. It only costs $5 for unlimited trips back and forth (through 6pm) and there's no charge for kids under a certain age.

I have a marked up aerial photo of the Great Bay Port area which should give you an idea as to distances...

www.dcltribute.com/faq/philipsburg.htm

6. geffric

geffric <font color=teal>DH thinks I'm funny -- but I tell

We walked it and had our two kids who were 9 and 7 at the time. No problem, it was a nice walk.