Walk to the beach in St. Martin?

jkovick

<font color=FF9900>DIS Veteran<br><font color=blue
I think I read in Passporter that you could walk to the beach from the ship in St. Martin. Anyone done this? How far is it? Thanks!

It's a pretty long walk, if they're talking about walking to Great Bay Beach, which would seem to me to be the closest one to the ship. It's about a 10 minute cab ride, so maybe a half-hour walk. Maybe I just remember it being further than it actually is. I do know it's never occurred to me to walk, and I walk everywhere.

They easiest way, in my opinion, is to take the water taxi. It's $5 for the day for unlimited trips. It leaves from the foot of the cruise ship pier and will drop you off right at the beach.

We've walked it. It seems like it took us about 15-20 minutes to get to down town and the beach there.

Yes, you could walk to Great Bay Beach, but you may find it worth your while to take the water taxi from the dock to downtown. It only costs $5 for unlimited trips back and forth (through 6pm) and there's no charge for kids under a certain age.

I have a marked up aerial photo of the Great Bay Port area which should give you an idea as to distances...

www.dcltribute.com/faq/philipsburg.htm

We walked it and had our two kids who were 9 and 7 at the time. No problem, it was a nice walk.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter