• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Walk to MGM from BCV?

disneystick

DIS Veteran
Has anyone who has stayed at the BC or BCV walked to MGM instead of taking the bus? If yes...how long did it take? Thank you for you respond!!!:hippie:

DH and I walked home from MGM to BC in December - it was a good 20 minutes or so. After a long day in the parks, it was pretty tiring, but walking to the park might not be as bad.

Has anyone who has stayed at the BC or BCV walked to MGM instead of taking the bus? If yes...how long did it take? Thank you for you respond!!!:hippie:

Took us about 20 min to walk over for a quick "Beaches and Cream" break one afternoon.

Isn't there a boat/water launch you can take, too?

Have never walked it - we always take the friendship boats - you will stop at Swan/Dolphin and then go to BC/YC. Then the boat continues to BW and Epcot.

I always walk. Shorter in time that the boats and a real nice walk. past the bridge, down the pathnext to the Broadwalk... under another bridge and you are there..

We like to walk too. Last trip in August the adults walked back to the BC from MGM while the teenagers waited for the boat. By the the time they loaded the boat and made the stops we arrived at the YC/BC boat launch at the same times as the kiddies!

Just an FYI: there is no bus to MGM. You can take a boat (nice ride, but slow due to all the stops along the way) or walk. We enjoy the walk but then we go at times of the year when it's not too hot.

The walk is 20-30 minutes, depending on whether you have children in tow or not. In warm weather, you may arrive at MGM looking like you just stepped out of a sauna. IMO, the boats are a much better option for traveling to MGM in the daytime

Of course, at night when it's cooler and there's a long line for the boats, walking back to BCV is probably a better choice if you're not too tired.

We made the walk in about 15 to 20 minutes last fall. We loved it. :thumbsup2 It was quiet, and we definitely beat the boat. Saw some wildlife like bunnies and turtles along the way. However, with a little one in tow, it might not be quite as enjoyable.

I don't think they have a bus from YC/BC/BCV to MGM, just the boat or the walkway. We made the walk a couple times when we stayed at BCV a while back. I didn't think it was that bad even after a day in the park. We actually beat the boat back to the resort.

We got back from BCV last week and I did some morning runs on the route from BCV to MGM and then back around the Boardwalk area to BCV. Based on the time it took to run, I would say it is a little less than a mile (or maybe I could hope I was having a good running day :) ). I also timed myself slightly faster (shorter distance) getting to MGM going toward the YC/Swan/Dolphin than to MGM via the Boardwalk way. Overall, I really enjoyed the beauty and peacefulness of the path and the whole area in general! Have a great trip!

I always walk from BWV to MGM. I find the walk to BCV a bit long however. Enen the kids (teens) usually take the boat there.

I ran to the entrance of MGM from BCV and used my GPS runner's watch a couple of weeks ago. It was 1.1 miles from the gate to the back walkway going to BCV, going around the BW and down the sidewalk to the flower beds in front of the security tables at MGM. Fast walkers could make it in 15 minutes but most would probably want to take a leisurely stroll and enjoy the scenery. If you have to wait for a boat, I think it is still faster to walk. The air conditioned boats are nice though especially when it is really hot.

Donna

We are walkers, and always beat the boat ....even walking with children!

We may opt to ride the boat back if we are tired AND there is no wait. Tired and walking is better then tired and standing.

When staying at BCV/BWV I often take the walk from Boardwalk to/from MGM while others are getting ready for the day.

The walk from BCV to MGM is very pretty and can be relaxing if you are not in a hurry. We take the boat if it is there, but if we just missed it then we walk. Unlike the busses, if the boat just left it will be awhile before the next one comes. With the busses sometimes another bus will arrive for the same destination right after one just left.

I forget the order, but I think the boat picks up at BW then YC/BC the Swan/Dolphin and then MGM. So we can see if the boat is at BW and know that it will be there soon to pick us up. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, please.

Anyway, it's not a bad walk depending on the heat and your fatigue level.

The walk from BCV to MGM is very pretty and can be relaxing if you are not in a hurry. We take the boat if it is there, but if we just missed it then we walk. Unlike the busses, if the boat just left it will be awhile before the next one comes. With the busses sometimes another bus will arrive for the same destination right after one just left.

I forget the order, but I think the boat picks up at BW then YC/BC the Swan/Dolphin and then MGM. So we can see if the boat is at BW and know that it will be there soon to pick us up. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, please.

Anyway, it's not a bad walk depending on the heat and your fatigue level.

You have it right. The boat leaves EPCOT goes to BW then BC/YC then S&D then MGM then straight back to EPCOT

It is an easy walk of 15 to 20 minutes depending on your pace. It will be quicker than waiting for the boat.

DW & I like the wak back. It's very relaxing after a long day at the parks. Specially when we leave at closing. We avoid the crowds and take a nice stroll along the water. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter