Walk to Epcot?

ronny1

ronny1
Hi there,

We are considering coming to Disney in January (after Lynrd Skynrd Cruise:cool1: ) and we have never been. We do go to Disneyland almost every year so we are very familiar with it. But I'm wondering if any of the resorts are close enough to walk to the parks? I know there are plenty of shuttles but I love to walk. If so, which resorts would we need to focus on? How about renting someone's points? Any experiences out there?
Thanks kindly for your responses :goodvibes

Hi,

You can walk to Epcot from the Yacht Club, Beach Club, Boardwalk, Swan, and Dolphin.

As for renting points, check over on the DVC board.

Absolutely. You can walk to Epcot and Disney's Hollywood Studios from the Boardwalk, Beach Club, Yacht Club, Swan, and Dolphin.

You can walk to the Magic Kingdom from the Contemporary resort.

If you'd like to stay in DVC Villas where you can walk to a resort, your choices are Boardwalk and Beach Club. You can check the rent/trade boards here on Dis to rent points. (Of course, you can also just book regular rooms or Villas on your own at these resorts without renting points as well--no need to rent points to stay there).

My favorite of these resorts is the Beach Club, though the Boardwalk is fun as well. At both, you're right next to Jellyrolls, which you guys might like! :-) For the Magic Kingdom walking experience, Contemporary is great.

Thanks you guys! That's great news. I'll go over to the DVC boards and see if I can figure that stuff out. Which resort would be more reasonable as we're already spending a bunch for the cruise?:confused3

Hi! The quickest walk to Epcot would be from the Beach Club and Yacht Club Resorts. Then the Boardwalk, and then the Swan & Dolphin. Proximity to DHS is the reverse order.

The walk to Epcot from YC (where we stayed) is very close, so we never took the boat transportation offered. The walk to DHS is quite a bit farther, but it's a pretty walk and it sounds like you'd like that one, too. There's boat transportation to and from DHS to all these 5 hotels as well (we do often take the boat there).

If you want to stay DVC, then look into renting points at either the Beach Club Villas or the Boardwalk villas. While the location of both is about the same, the pools and atmosphere are a little different. They are both nice, just depends on what you like personally.

Have fun planning a WDW trip! We're frequent visitors to Disneyland as well, and the scope of WDW and travel distances are huge in comparison.:)

Thanks everyone! I'm sooooo excited. I honestly never thought I would get to Disneyworld. MMMears...I see you're from California. We're coming to Palm Springs in May:goodvibes. I can't wait. I guess after that though I won't be going anywhere...I'll have to save, save, save! Especially since our dollar took a nose dive! Thanks everyone for the advice!:thumbsup2

Thanks you guys! That's great news. I'll go over to the DVC boards and see if I can figure that stuff out. Which resort would be more reasonable as we're already spending a bunch for the cruise?:confused3

the standard view at BWV would be the cheapest

that say BCV and BWV preferred (most of BWV) are the same price wise.

just like BCV better - may be the pool - or may be the few minutes closer to Epcot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter