Walk time from PBH?

Thanks for the info, esp the short cut. How about water taxi time. Am starting to have second thoughts about PBH due to the distance. It looks like a beautiful resort and am excited about staying there, but am concerned about the distance to the parks. Would it be better to stay at HRH or RPR? Four adults, no kids?

We just returned from Portofino yesterday. We always took the Water Taxi. We stayed in the West wing. I don't think we ever waited longer than 5 minutes for the taxi. It was very well organized. They always had 2 taxis going and it was very convenient.

i remember when i was new here- Barb, Damo and Macraven were wonderful to me! I had a million questions and they answered them all (patiently!)

i am still waiting to meet them in person- one summer i was going one way and Barb was going the other but I did not want to bother her..by the way..she is even more beautiful in person....

Thanks for the great post! We are going in December and will be staying onsite. Question for the OP - how did you get a AAA rate? I can't seem to get that rate when I try online. Thanks!

Thanks for the great post! We are going in December and will be staying onsite. Question for the OP - how did you get a AAA rate? I can't seem to get that rate when I try online. Thanks!

You can't book it online from the Universal or Loews site. You either have to call the hotel or AAA or book online at AAA.

Great shortcut tip

Does the shortcut work well for people staying at HRH too, or is it no quicker than the regular walkway from HRH.

Is there a quicker internal access to the side car parks, than from the lobby at the HRH

Does the shortcut work well for people staying at HRH too, or is it no quicker than the regular walkway from HRH.

it's no quicker because you can exit the hotel thru the pool area...you wouldn't go out the lobby door and then walk around the outside of the hotel

Is there a quicker internal access to the side car parks, than from the lobby at the HRH

i'm not sure (haven't been to HRH) since '07...but, some use the exit doors (i think)...post on HRH thread...they'll know for sure

Great shortcut tip

There used to be a gate behind the pool slide that we always took. I think they closed that gate though.

There used to be a gate behind the pool slide that we always took. I think they closed that gate though.

That was dumb if they did... You used to need a key for it, so why close it? :confused3

We swam at the pool, and I remember there being a sign in the pool area pointing in what seems to be the direction being talked about here, with walkway and boats being mentioned on the sign.

I remember one day at RPR in December they had the gates to the pool area (or OUT of the pool area, to the pathway, depending on what way you're going) closed, so we had to go the long way around to the path. Maybe that's what happened with the HRH gate? That it's not closed, but it *was* closed temporarily?

We were in the east wing, and still found the water taxis to be convenient. Sure, it was a HOT walk from one size of the plaza to the other, vs how "far" west wing people got to walk, but it wasn't that long in distance.

And the day we swam at HRH, we walked over there...it *looks* like a long walk from PBR to HRH, but it really wasn't. And apart from that very very long crosswalk and how people drive on that road, it was pleasant as well. Wish I'd felt up to trying to find that pathway to the walking path!

Thank you so much Bubbas Mom. I've made this into a word document & printed out for our trip. Now if there was only a step by step to the shortcut to Harry Potter!

Is this shortcut still there? We used it two years ago and it was great.

The line at the water taxi was so long when we were there.

TIA:wave2:

So, which of the Hotels is the best/easiest to get to Harry Potter? Royal Pacific? How long is the walk from there?

And where to the water taxi's let you out for IoA? I coudn't tell from the map...

Lastly, can you get pizza at Royal Pacific? My brother has intellectual disabilities and is a very picky eater, but a huuuuge fan of pepperoni pizza. ;)

Thanks is advance for any advice!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter