Walk time DHS to Cape May Cafene

cheryterese

DIS Veteran
Could anyone give me an approximate walk time from DHS (specifically Rock N Roller Coaster) to Cape May Café? I have 30 minutes in our plan right now. Would it be better to take the bus? Thanks.

Could anyone give me an approximate walk time from DHS (specifically Rock N Roller Coaster) to Cape May Café? I have 30 minutes in our plan right now. Would it be better to take the bus? Thanks.
You can walk there in 30 minutes. Cut over to Swan/Dolphin and take the path to YC/BC.

There is also a 15 minute grace period for checking in for your reservation... plus the restaurants haven't been too busy lately.

Bus and boat are a bit of a gamble as you have no way of knowing how long you will be waiting for either. The walk will take you about 30 minutes including the walk from Rock N Rollercoaster to the front gate. It would not be better to take the bus. Are you also including the need to arrive 15 minutes before the ADR time?

You could try uber or the new Minnie Vans but neither would save you much time. I would build in at least 45 minutes into the schedule.

There is no bus to YC/BC! You can take the boat or walk. From RnRC, it would be about a 20-25 min walk. If you decide on the boat, that would be about 20 mins, if the boat is either at the dock, boarding, or just coming into view. If you have to wait for the boat, that could be up to a 20 min wait..plus the 20 mins to the resort. So, if you see the boat just leaving the dock, I would just walk. The walkway is easy to find...walk out of the park, staying to the left. Past the dock area, and around the corner, to the left...lake on your left, parking area to your right. A bit down the sidewalk there will be a left turn, signage should say to Boardwalk. Go down that slope, and walk to the end. You'll be behind JellyRolls. Go up the slope and out of the Boardwalk area, take a right over the bridge, and keep walking. You'll come to YC first, pass the main pool area, then the entrance to BC on the left. Go in there, and Cape May will be to the left of the lobby.

You will be cutting it close and you'll need to walk at a fairly steady clip (You don't need to check in 15 minutes prior to your ADR time). There is no bus and, as others have said, if there is a boat right at the dock as you exit, you would be fine, but I would not wait for a boat in this circumstance. We've done this walk countless times and we always beat the boat.

If you are pressed for time, use uber (or the Minnie Van's if they are available then). We exited DHS one night (staying at BWI) exhausted and there was a HUGE line for the boat. We called uber (yes, from DHS to BWI. I gave her a big tip as the fare was about $3!). It will take you 5 - 10 minutes tops if you uber/cab/Minnie Van to BC. Uber picks up at the DHS taxi stand just beyond the bus area.

30 minutes would be fine if you don't mind a very brisk walk!

I'd figure 40 minutes just to be on the safe side.

Yes, its 15 minutes or so walk but that is at a fairly good pace, I'd guess 20 minutes at a more normal pace and then you have to get out of the park, so as people said, I would give it at least 40 minutes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter