Walk thru vs. ride FJ

Tadsgirl

Obsessed Studio Ghibli Fan
We are watching YouTube videos of FJ. To me, the walk-through looks better.

I'd like some opinions on the differences between riding the ride and just walking through. Will we miss anything if we just do the Walk-through?

Thanks in advance.

We are watching YouTube videos of FJ. To me, the walk-through looks better.

I'd like some opinions on the differences between riding the ride and just walking through. Will we miss anything if we just do the Walk-through?

Thanks in advance.

Well, you'll miss the ride.

Seriously, though the "Castle Tour" line has most of the major elements that the normal queue line has: the DADA classroom, Dumbledore's office, the Gryffindor Common room, and the portrait room, although this is a different portrait room than that in the regular queue. There are some minor elements you will miss, but otherwise it's the same.

By the way, the ride takes you places the queues don't. I can't tell from your question if you understand that. Not being snarky, just trying to understand the question.

As a semi-related question....You can take pictures in the walk through tour?? I would like to do both- experience ride and then have some time to soak it in and take pictures. Also can someone remind me about finding the entrance to the tour....is it well marked?

Sure you can take pics. Just after the lockers, the castle tour queue goes off to the right while the main line kinda goes left. The single rider goes left just before this point also. Just ask any TM if you're not sure.

The first time we did FJ we went through the regular gueue and after that we asked to do the castle tour. I think the only thing you miss on the castle tour is the herbology green houses and the sorting hat but you get to stick around as long as you like without causing the line to back up. It is also where I got my best pictures since I didn't have to put the good camera in the locker.

As an added note...after you experience the normal queue once, stick with the single rider line afterward if you are able to be separated from your party. When the normal line was showing a 75 minute wait we were able to do the single rider line and get on in about 5 minutes. Plus half the time we ended up on the same bench anyway.

As a semi-related question....You can take pictures in the walk through tour?? I would like to do both- experience ride and then have some time to soak it in and take pictures. Also can someone remind me about finding the entrance to the tour....is it well marked?

Right after the lockers there is a ride attendant. Tell them you want to do the castle tour and they will show you which line to get into. Same with single rider.

Well, you'll miss the ride.

Seriously, though the "Castle Tour" line has most of the major elements that the normal queue line has: the DADA classroom, Dumbledore's office, the Gryffindor Common room, and the portrait room, although this is a different portrait room than that in the regular queue. There are some minor elements you will miss, but otherwise it's the same.

By the way, the ride takes you places the queues don't. I can't tell from your question if you understand that. Not being snarky, just trying to understand the question.

I guess that I'm asking how much we will miss by not going on the ride. I have one daughter (10) who is afraid of going on the ride. I just want her to know what she will be missing.

Thanks everyone!

The queue is very impressive, the ride even more. That said, there are some pretty scary things on the ride. I understand your daughter completely!

The queue is very impressive, the ride even more. That said, there are some pretty scary things on the ride. I understand your daughter completely!

Thanks so much for all the info.
I wanted to go on the ride but it may be just Dad and the older sister.

Oh well!

Thanks so much for all the info.
I wanted to go on the ride but it may be just Dad and the older sister.

Oh well!

I don't think you can do rider swap with a 10-year-old, but you could always have everyone else wait for you while you do single-rider. SR usually takes 10 minutes or less.

I don't think you can do rider swap with a 10-year-old, but you could always have everyone else wait for you while you do single-rider. SR usually takes 10 minutes or less.

:lovestruc
Ooooo that sounds like a plan!!!

I don't see why you would not be able to utilize child-swap for FJ with a 10yr old, if you chose to.
My DD12 rode FJ, but chickened out for Dragon Challenge and Hulk. We had no trouble using child-swap for those rides.

I don't see why you would not be able to utilize child-swap for FJ with a 10yr old, if you chose to.
My DD12 rode FJ, but chickened out for Dragon Challenge and Hulk. We had no trouble using child-swap for those rides.

I thought that if the child in question was taller than the height requirement, then child-swap didn't apply. I could be mistaken....

Did you mean you can't do child swap if using the single rider line? :confused3: We've done child swap using the single rider line with no problem.

ETA: Never mind. I just saw your answer... Actually in one occasion that I was in the swap room, I saw a kid wait in the room and then the parent came in and told the kid about the ride. The kid then decided to go on the ride.

Did you mean you can't do child swap if using the single rider line? :confused3: We've done child swap using the single rider line with no problem.

ETA: Never mind. I just saw your answer... Actually in one occasion that I was in the swap room, I saw a kid wait in the room and then the parent came in and told the kid about the ride. The kid then decided to go on the ride.

Yeah, we've done this too. We've actually done it at the end of the Castle Tour line (for a three-fer!).

Regarding a child that's tall enough but just doesn't want to ride, I thought no child-swap was the policy--but that may be Disney only or I just misunderstood outright everywhere.

Perhaps it is me that is mistaken, I do not know what is the policy is. I can only tell you of our experience. I was traveling with DS18 and DD12. There were a few rides DD was tall enough to ride (she's 5ft), but chose not to. We used the child-swap with no problem. You could always ask a TM at the ride entrance.

Regarding a child that's tall enough but just doesn't want to ride, I thought no child-swap was the policy--but that may be Disney only or I just misunderstood outright everywhere.

Mine is tall enough. She is as tall as I am!

Perhaps it is me that is mistaken, I do not know what is the policy is. I can only tell you of our experience. I was traveling with DS18 and DD12. There were a few rides DD was tall enough to ride (she's 5ft), but chose not to. We used the child-swap with no problem. You could always ask a TM at the ride entrance.

Thanks!!!!
We're going to try it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter