• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Walk ins

robnkat

Earning My Ears
I just tried to make ADR for Chef Mickey's, O'Hana's and 1900 Park Faire for next week and they were all booked for all hours in the evening. My DH suggested that we just "walk in" like we did in the past. I'm afraid that we won't get in. We have a family of 6 that we could easily split up and prefer to eat later in the evening. Anyone have any idea of our chances?

Thanks in advance!

Try to eat at off hours. Earlier than 6 or after 7 when the dinner crowds thin out.

Hi, My friend went last week and called the day before wanting to get into Chef mickey's and got in for 7:30pm on a cancellation. Hope this helps!

If you are going to try to do a walk in, do it at opening. If they open at 5:00 PM, get there at 4:45 and see if they can seat you. Good Luck.

Yes, definitely aim to have dinner early, before 5PM. Later the restaurants just get more and more backed-up. A couple of the restaurants we ate at in January (one of the least crowded times of the year) were telling walk-ups that they wouldn't be taking any walk-ups that evening when we were checking in (typically around 5:30).

call disney dining first thing the morning of the day you want to dine

We stayed for 4 nights and 5 days in May 05 (first week) at the CR and could not get into Chef Mickeys for breakfast or dinner.....no reservation and they said no stand by either...every since then I make sure to get reservations

Keep calling and trying for ADR's - you will be better off hitting a cancellation and having the ADR than trudging from one restaurant to another hoping to walk in. Call every morning after you get there, if need be. Failing that, then show up right at opening and ask if they can fit you in. As full as the restaurants seem to be lately, they are going to be less and less likely to take walk-ins as the evening goes on. Good luck!

Thank you all so much. I'm gonna try again in the morning with a few different restaurants. I can't imagine not getting to sit down for dinner!

It seems to vary on whether you can walk up or not. The most recent times for us though, they wouldn't let us put our name in if we didn't have an ADR.

When you are checking be sure to state that you are willing to sit at different tables. That worked for us with our Boma ADR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter