Walk-ing Back to Disney! COMPLETED 10/16! A Fall 2014 PTR!

I've been watching See Ya Reel Soon too!! :goodvibes I started on Ep 38 I think and I am on 82 now. Their a lot of fun!

If you need something to watch and haven't already I highly recommend Mouse Steps Weekly! I had watched their Cabana Bay Universal video which was great so I went back and started from the beginning. Its not just Disney but its mostly Disney and even if it was Seaworld or something else I enjoyed watching all of them! (Just make sure you watch the Mousesteps WEEKLY, they post a lot of just video stuff which they usually use in the vlog as well). I'm totally keeping my eye out for Jeff and Denise in the parks on our trip!!!

Waffle House!!! Okay I don't know Waffle House but I love IHOP and they don't have any near me, I think there is only 1 in all of Ontario! So I can totally understand your excitement! yay!

Aww, pretty pillow cases!!

Oh so much waiting right now! But getting so close! So excited for your Magic Bands, they don't ship to Canada so I will have to live vicariously through your excitement and decorating! Although i will be bringing some gold glitter polish to jazz mine up a little once I have it!

I've been watching See Ya Reel Soon too!! :goodvibes I started on Ep 38 I think and I am on 82 now. Their a lot of fun! If you need something to watch and haven't already I highly recommend Mouse Steps Weekly! I had watched their Cabana Bay Universal video which was great so I went back and started from the beginning. Its not just Disney but its mostly Disney and even if it was Seaworld or something else I enjoyed watching all of them! (Just make sure you watch the Mousesteps WEEKLY, they post a lot of just video stuff which they usually use in the vlog as well). I'm totally keeping my eye out for Jeff and Denise in the parks on our trip!!! Waffle House!!! Okay I don't know Waffle House but I love IHOP and they don't have any near me, I think there is only 1 in all of Ontario! So I can totally understand your excitement! yay! Aww, pretty pillow cases!! Oh so much waiting right now! But getting so close! So excited for your Magic Bands, they don't ship to Canada so I will have to live vicariously through your excitement and decorating! Although i will be bringing some gold glitter polish to jazz mine up a little once I have it!

Ooo! I will check those videos out tomorrow!!

And IHOP! It holds a very very dear spot in my heart! <3 It's where I had my first ever job and where I met my husband! We love it still, even after both working there and they're literally the only pancakes I like! Olivia was just rummaging through an old box the other day and found my old uniform apron and was playing with it! Lol!

Waffle House is not nearly as nice as IHOP! Lol... It kinda feels like a truck stop in there but it's nummy and it's very nostalgic for me bc they were a place I frequented as a small child when I lived in Houston!

Love the Pixie Dust from Tess - she did the same thing for my girls and they are SOOOO excited to get their autographs, especially after how awesome V's pillowcase turned out last year. It's such a FUN thing to do and a great memory to have! Never eaten at Waffle House - we drove by TONS of them enroute to TN, but never actually stopped. Enjoy though... I don't think we'll be stopping anywhere for breakfast this time? For once, we are flying out of the BIG airport - so pleanty to nom-nom on there. And I am planning my FIRST splurge of the trip (which I've been having too much of recently)... Starbucks... If Alli didn't work there - I swear I would never go... but darn it - she puts hearts on my cup. :lovestruc But our flights are much the same... we arrive at 11:30 am, just in time to have lunch - and I am sure we will be starving! D~

I've always flown out of SA and they have a lot of places to eat, so I'm a little bummed bc I would rather eat while waiting anyway, kill 2 birds, bit oh well!

Lol on the Starbucks! I can imagine it is hard to resist hearts on the cup!!! I'd be all over that too!

I'm so glad the girls liked their pillowcases! They are so easy to make too.

I like Waffle House too, and we don't have any this far north either. I like that they are open 24/7, so you can get breakfast any time of the day or night. We ate at one on our trip home in March since it was right next door to the hotel we stayed in. Nothing fancy - you are right it seems more like a truck stop or a diner, but I still like it.;)

I'm so glad the girls liked their pillowcases! They are so easy to make too. I like Waffle House too, and we don't have any this far north either. I like that they are open 24/7, so you can get breakfast any time of the day or night. We ate at one on our trip home in March since it was right next door to the hotel we stayed in. Nothing fancy - you are right it seems more like a truck stop or a diner, but I still like it.;)

They really were so excited!

And yup, mmmm, just something about great diner food! Especially breakfast! I like how you can get everything "smothered, covered" etc!

Ahh... Waffle House. I worked there. I actually met my husband while I was working there! Good food, great memories. I like my hashbrowns scattered, covered, diced, capped and extra crispy. :thumbsup2

Those pillow cases are super cute!

We have Waffle Houses here. I haven't been since college (at 2am, lol) but the food was yum!
Maybe we'll have to bring the kids some time...! :)

LOVE the outfits!!!

And I totally get the torture of the waiting game. If you are anything like me you are invinting things to get done just to keep yourself busy. I'm at the super planer with nothing to do and 3 days to go for the trip (to the beach not to disney) myself.

As far as plane ideas go If you have a dollar tree in your area they have little figurines of the princesses and Mickey and crew. They are just the right size to pack a few in a baggie and the girls should have fun playing. DD 2 loves them!

Love the Halloween Costumes they turned out Super Cute!

The pillowcases were great. That was so sweet. pixiedust:

We do not have a Waffle House. I have never eaten at a Waffle House. We do have an IHOP though. We eat there maybe once or twice a year. When my daughter was in theater though, they would go every Friday night after the performances. I love the stuffed french toast, that is why I limit to once or twice a year. If I went as often as I wanted...let's just say, not a pretty picture.

Marissa leaves in 7 days for San Antonio. She is nervous that she is going to be bored down there. Her grandfather is still giving her grief. He took Jacob to Fiesta Texas, Schlitterbaun, the zoo, all sorts of places and never asked Jacob to pay a cent. (Remember, this is the graduation gift.) First, he asked Marissa to pay for half the plane ticket. Her dad ended up covering that. Now, he is telling Marissa she has to choose between Fiesta Texas and Schlitterbaun. If she wants both, she has to pay for them to go. I think she is leaning toward Fiesta, but I think she may not have much fun in the Texas August heat. She might. I am trying to get her to go to Schlitterbaun because that is all she talked about for the entire year.

Hmmm, what to do now that you have all of your outfits done? There are 19 weeks until Christmas. Just saying. Sometimes, I wish I spent as much time planning Christmas as I do a Disney Vacation.

Have a good day.

Love the pillowcases! Smart idea to pack lightly on the plane activities, the 2 items you bought for the girls are so cute!

The waiting game certainly is tough! Especially when it feels so close yet still far!

Ahh... Waffle House. I worked there. I actually met my husband while I was working there! Good food, great memories. I like my hashbrowns scattered, covered, diced, capped and extra crispy. :thumbsup2

How funny!! I met MY hubby at IHOP!! :thumbsup2

MMMMMMMM... that sounds SO good!!

Those pillow cases are super cute!

We have Waffle Houses here. I haven't been since college (at 2am, lol) but the food was yum!
Maybe we'll have to bring the kids some time...! :)

Yes! The pillow cases are awesome! So excited!

LOL... you should take the kids to experience the WH!

LOVE the outfits!!!

And I totally get the torture of the waiting game. If you are anything like me you are invinting things to get done just to keep yourself busy. I'm at the super planer with nothing to do and 3 days to go for the trip (to the beach not to disney) myself.

As far as plane ideas go If you have a dollar tree in your area they have little figurines of the princesses and Mickey and crew. They are just the right size to pack a few in a baggie and the girls should have fun playing. DD 2 loves them!

Love the Halloween Costumes they turned out Super Cute!

Yes! Dollar tree is right across the street from me! We have bought just about anything Disney they have, lol...

I am in love with out costumes! I am so happy with how they turned out!

The pillowcases were great. That was so sweet. pixiedust:

We do not have a Waffle House. I have never eaten at a Waffle House. We do have an IHOP though. We eat there maybe once or twice a year. When my daughter was in theater though, they would go every Friday night after the performances. I love the stuffed french toast, that is why I limit to once or twice a year. If I went as often as I wanted...let's just say, not a pretty picture.

Marissa leaves in 7 days for San Antonio. She is nervous that she is going to be bored down there. Her grandfather is still giving her grief. He took Jacob to Fiesta Texas, Schlitterbaun, the zoo, all sorts of places and never asked Jacob to pay a cent. (Remember, this is the graduation gift.) First, he asked Marissa to pay for half the plane ticket. Her dad ended up covering that. Now, he is telling Marissa she has to choose between Fiesta Texas and Schlitterbaun. If she wants both, she has to pay for them to go. I think she is leaning toward Fiesta, but I think she may not have much fun in the Texas August heat. She might. I am trying to get her to go to Schlitterbaun because that is all she talked about for the entire year.

Hmmm, what to do now that you have all of your outfits done? There are 19 weeks until Christmas. Just saying. Sometimes, I wish I spent as much time planning Christmas as I do a Disney Vacation.

Have a good day.

MmmmMMMmmMMmm... IHOP and WH are both awesome! But I love breakfast food anytime of day!

Bummer on the SA situation! I would choose Shlitterbahn too! It's so much nicer in the summer than Fiesta TX, we've driven by (its not far from us) many times on the weekends and traffic is backed up bc its so crazy packed over there! I'd even choose Sea World over it!

Ugh. I don't even want to think about Christmas! Lol... I plan to buy some Christmas stuff at Disney actually, and then finish up my shopping on Black friday!

Love the pillowcases! Smart idea to pack lightly on the plane activities, the 2 items you bought for the girls are so cute!

The waiting game certainly is tough! Especially when it feels so close yet still far!

Thanks!

Waiting stinks! Boooo! :rotfl:

love the pillowcases!!!!

glad to see that you are getting your departure day worked out!!! I sure wished that you lived close to me so I could fill up your days with my craft projects!!!! :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Thank you so much for sending me those buttons though!!! One more thing to cross off the list :thumbsup2

soooooooooo, I sure hope Texas is different......I know that I live in eastern NC and all but around here if you go to a waffle house at that time of day you better watch out and not get shot!!!!! :joker:

I don't remember ever going to a Waffle House. We have one near us, but it just never appealed to us. We do go to I-Hop once in a great while. Our go to for breakfast out is Bob Evans or Crackerbarrel. Cute that you met your hubby at work. I actually met Dan at work as well. We both worked for different subsidiaries of Goodyear. We met when I was sent to corporate headquarters for a couple of months. I actually said to the girl I was working with that I would hate to be married to "that guy" because all the girls stop by his desk and flirt with him. HaHa She reminded me of that when I told her about us.

I think I commented on FB, but I just love those pillow cases Tess did! And your girls are so adorable holding them! Pixie dust is soooo fun to receive!

I just now read your plan for your flight day. And you're right, I wouldn't be able to eat at 3:30 AM. Dan would have no problem though! haha You do what you have to do, and it sounds like that's a solid plan. It will be interesting to see if you're able to close the park though. If you do, I will be in total awe!!!

Hope you are having a great weekend!

ETA: I never heard of the seeyareelsoon videos. I'm going there next to check it out! If you like to listen to Disney music, you may want to try D-cot.com

love the pillowcases!!!!

glad to see that you are getting your departure day worked out!!! I sure wished that you lived close to me so I could fill up your days with my craft projects!!!! :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Thank you so much for sending me those buttons though!!! One more thing to cross off the list :thumbsup2

soooooooooo, I sure hope Texas is different......I know that I live in eastern NC and all but around here if you go to a waffle house at that time of day you better watch out and not get shot!!!!! :joker:

Hahaha, I wish I we did live closer, I could def help you crank those out! And you're very welcome on the buttons!

LoL!! Well, it's not the nicest place, the WH, but I would say I generally have no fear of getting shot at the ones in Austin, I more fear for how clean the place is kept! :lmao: But the food is so good and really you see them cooking it right there, so there's that!

I don't remember ever going to a Waffle House. We have one near us, but it just never appealed to us. We do go to I-Hop once in a great while. Our go to for breakfast out is Bob Evans or Crackerbarrel. Cute that you met your hubby at work. I actually met Dan at work as well. We both worked for different subsidiaries of Goodyear. We met when I was sent to corporate headquarters for a couple of months. I actually said to the girl I was working with that I would hate to be married to "that guy" because all the girls stop by his desk and flirt with him. HaHa She reminded me of that when I told her about us.

I think I commented on FB, but I just love those pillow cases Tess did! And your girls are so adorable holding them! Pixie dust is soooo fun to receive!

I just now read your plan for your flight day. And you're right, I wouldn't be able to eat at 3:30 AM. Dan would have no problem though! haha You do what you have to do, and it sounds like that's a solid plan. It will be interesting to see if you're able to close the park though. If you do, I will be in total awe!!!

Hope you are having a great weekend!

ETA: I never heard of the seeyareelsoon videos. I'm going there next to check it out! If you like to listen to Disney music, you may want to try D-cot.com

Oh my gosh, how cute that story is about your hubby!!! My hub's dad was actually our boss at Ihop, which is why my hubby worked at one that was nowhere near his side of town! I had a boyfriend for a long time when I first met him, but after we broke up I ran into my hubby again at work (he'd switched shifts) and we went out! The rest is history...

Its funny on eating early... for me, if I wake up before 8am, I am like starving, but if I get to sleep late, it's like I sleep through it and I an make it to like 1-2pm without eating at all or feeling hungry! weird... so I think we will be good to eat super early.

I do use d-cot! Fun stuff! I am glad you're gonna check out those videos, they're so cute!

ok, what the heck? am i the only one not totally in love with waffle house? maybe it's just the ones in Missouri, huh? or maybe i should go try the hash browns again....it has been awhile..... IHOP now, that i can understand! i love their butter pecan syrup! :rotfl: sorry, i have no idea what that has to do with Disney, but now i'm hungry for pancakes! :lmao:

ok, what the heck? am i the only one not totally in love with waffle house? maybe it's just the ones in Missouri, huh? or maybe i should go try the hash browns again....it has been awhile..... IHOP now, that i can understand! i love their butter pecan syrup! :rotfl: sorry, i have no idea what that has to do with Disney, but now i'm hungry for pancakes! :lmao:

Mmmmm....pancakes.....

Guess what guys!?!?! We are in the 30's officially!! WHOOP! WHOOP!

:dance3: :dance3: :dance3:

In honor of things getting closer I have found even more things to do for our trip to occupy my time! LOL! :rotfl2:

First up, buttons! The Sept planning group I am a part of on FB is making a button to identify ourselves, and then of course I wanted a Dis one, so then I decided to make the girls ones too!

I had already fiddled with the idea of making them some sort of name badge, just because they got to wear their first visit buttons with their names all last trip, and it was so cool when they would walk up to a face character and they would call them by name, as if they already knew them! I know it added some magic to the trip, for sure. So I wanted that this time too. A few of our shirts have their names already, but most don't, so I made some up to match and then bought a button kit at hobby lobby for $2! Easy, peasy!

Also, I have been working on our window decor. I already posted the "Trick or Treat" window gels I bought, but here they are again with the signs I made too!

I also plan to buy some string lights to hang, and then some Disney themed clings or something to go with as well!

Oh! And my shoes came in today! I am already wearing them around, to sorta break them in or whatever, so hopefully they will serve me well! They're not the most stylish things, but I really don't care! At Disney, it's all about comfort for this lady!

I also picked up another bubblegum necklace this week! This one is for Maddie on the BBB day. Olivia is getting the whole she-bang, so I thought it would nice to jazz up Maddie's Snow White outfit with some bling of her own! She was happy to have it!

And finally, today began some homeschooling! We started by studying the penny!! That may not seem exciting, but it actually was all inspired by wanting to do pressed pennies at WDW!! We studied what is on the penny, including Lincoln, which she knows she will see at WDW. We watched a show on how coins are made. We studied about what a year is, and a decade, which led to us looking up our resort (POP) and discussing how things change through the decades (she is now excited to find out what section we will be in) and then we charted with the pennies (as pictured) and did some math with them too!

She's napping now, but we plan to do some more math games, then our science lesson will be cleaning them with a vinegar solution, and art will be decorating our penny tubes! Olivia and I also went and emptied her piggy bank this week, and she ended up with over $16 in it, which $15.50 is how much she needed for her pressed penny tube! So we traded that in for quarters and now we are all set for penny fun!

Anyway, projects are definitely dwindling... now I am waiting on Halloween stuff to start coming out at the stores, Chris' side jobs to get tip money together, my birthday (the 26th!) because I know my family is getting me Disney gift cards (whooo!!), and an acceptable time to start packing! :lmao:

39 DAYS TO GO!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter