Walk-ing Back to Disney! COMPLETED 10/16! A Fall 2014 PTR!

Thanks. We didn't go until our last day, so it will probably be a while before I get to that update. If you haven't seen it, though, Leshaface has a great update in her current TR about her son's first haircut. Super cute.

Darn! I have to wait, huh? ;)

I will go check out Leshface's TR! Thanks!

And I totally took your advice on all that!

Well, I came to my senses and realized there is absolutely no way I can be so close to a Hanson concert and not go, so I am going!!

mmmbopdance-o.gif

Dugette was nice enough to suggest I move my Sept. 28th & 30th dates, which seemed like a lot of work at first, but today I just did it!

28th (concert day!) is not a recommended park for Epcot, but that is mainly due to the fact that it's F&W and a lot of locals (per easywdw) choose to visit that day for the festival. Well, the 30th was our pkanned Future World day anyhow, so it could work rather nicely...hopefully a lot of the crowds will be at the back of the park and we can get a lot done in the front! I was able to switch my B&C ADR to the 28th, but we have to do lunch instead of dinner, which is fine bc all the concerts are in the evening anyhow.

The 30th will now be our first AK day, and its actually the most recommended park for that day, so SCORE! And I called TRex directly and they were able to move our reservation to the 30th at the same time, no problem!! :cool1:

So maybe this will be EVEN BETTER than my original plans annnnnd I get to see my Hanson!!! SQUEEEEEE! :hyper:

In honor of the occasion I dug out my old Hanson sweatshirt, my grandma gave this to me as a birthday gift when I was like 13 and it was GINORMOUS then, so now it fits very snuggly. Too bad it will be warm waether, but I may still bring it along for Olivia to throw over her clothes in case it gets cooler in the evening.

10177352_10152393407339378_7645237644617495133_n.jpg

I have already started making a hits cd for me and Olivia to listen to in the car. The girl is soooo funny, she learns music so quick and she can sing all my cds by memory, so I know that she will be fully versed (Maddie too) in Hanson before the big day and she will LOVE the concert. In fact, I would like to wait it out before one of the later shows and try to get front row, maybe just me and Liv, we will see. I already told the hubs I am going to at least 2 of the 3 shows, he is more than welcome to go exploring himself, lol.... :rotfl:

So now I am super stoked and happy and can't even believe how this trip just keeps getting better and better!! Just when I think it can not possibly be any more perfect something else gets thrown into the mix. I am sooooooo excited. I cannot even convey my emotions... :goodvibes

Yay, I'm glad it worked and things are looking good! :cool1: (But, you know, if something goes wrong, I was never here... :duck:) I can't say I was ever a Hanson fan, but I occasionally "mmmbop" to Izzy and she seems to enjoy it. :rotfl: I bet your girls will have fun. I hope they put on a good show...have you checked if there are reviews or TRs with past years' performances?

Yay, I'm glad it worked and things are looking good! :cool1: (But, you know, if something goes wrong, I was never here... :duck:) I can't say I was ever a Hanson fan, but I occasionally "mmmbop" to Izzy and she seems to enjoy it. :rotfl: I bet your girls will have fun. I hope they put on a good show...have you checked if there are reviews or TRs with past years' performances?

Oh yeah, I have read a couple TR's where people have seen them at F&W and they like to eat and hang out at the Poly too ;)

Awesome! So glad you get to see Hanson... I think they were a *little* after my time? But I am excited because you are excited. :)

You'll be happy to know... I have SHOES!! WHOOT! I will PM you for your address... I hope to get them out to you this week. :lovestruc

Happy Mother's Day!

D~

Yay for Hanson! Happy that you ended up switching your days around. Nothing worse then regretting not seeing them later and seriously when will the stars ever align for this chance again?! Love that you still have their sweater! Hee!

That is awesome that you still have that sweatshirt! Have her wear it! It would be so cool. :)
And I bet you are going to be in nostalgia heaven!

I'm glad you discovered Harmony Barber Shop. My TR has a photo or two of Charlotte's hair after getting it done there. She didn't have a cut, just an updo and pixie dust. I've always thought having a "first" haircut there would be so awesome! So glad you got it set up. I would call to let them know it's their first hair cut. Not sure it's absolutely necessary, but for sure it won't hurt anything to do it.

I know the Hanson's would love to see that shirt out there in the audience! Might get you some special "love"! Then you can say SQUEEEEEE right in their ears!! Haha! So glad it all worked out for you to see them. My era was the Beatles and I would have walked over hot coals to see them, so I totally get your excitement.

Hope you have a great week coming up. I'll be scarce for a few days since I'm visiting Emily, Charlotte and Caroline in Colorado for a week. I'll check in when I can. Meanwhile, happy planning and painting!!

I hope you had a wonderful Mother's day!!!

Hansen... was never a boy band girl... BUT i know your enthusiasm as my sister and several friends were wild for KNOTB.. I am really happy you get to see them!!!!! :yay: makes your trip THAT much more magical for you!!!!

Love the outfits and your new tee!!! WHOOP!!!

i adore the harmony barber shop.. I am really upset they no longer do the hair gel. actually i am down right MAD about it. :mad: we had such a great time when all the girls had it done in 2011 for the $$!!! cannot beat it! Meg, friend Nicole and i had it done we had so many compliments!!!!

cannot wait to see your pictures and the hats!!! :cloud9:

Glad everything is working out for you!!!!

I loved Hanson too! I didn't know there were any other Hanson fans out there until got on these boards!:thumbsup2

I am glad you were able to work them in!

I have been toying around harmony barbershop as well, but I am thinking we are going to have to do the first haircut before our trip! Since our trip is so short this time I don't know that I want to spend the time with the haircut. It's a great deal though! I can't wait to see the pics!

I loved Hanson too! I didn't know there were any other Hanson fans out there until got on these boards!:thumbsup2 I am glad you were able to work them in! I have been toying around harmony barbershop as well, but I am thinking we are going to have to do the first haircut before our trip! Since our trip is so short this time I don't know that I want to spend the time with the haircut. It's a great deal though! I can't wait to see the pics!

I wonder if they do appts before rope drop?!

I love those outfits you found at Wal-Mart. Those are adorable. BTW I am super excited for you about Hanson. :cool1:

Joining in...Looks like a great PTR. Love the crafts & all!

Our trip is in August, but we have gone in October when the kids were younger. Loved MNSSHP. Enjoy planning and the trip! :)

I hope you had a wonderful Mother's day!!!

Hansen... was never a boy band girl... BUT i know your enthusiasm as my sister and several friends were wild for KNOTB.. I am really happy you get to see them!!!!! :yay: makes your trip THAT much more magical for you!!!!

Love the outfits and your new tee!!! WHOOP!!!

i adore the harmony barber shop.. I am really upset they no longer do the hair gel. actually i am down right MAD about it. :mad: we had such a great time when all the girls had it done in 2011 for the $$!!! cannot beat it! Meg, friend Nicole and i had it done we had so many compliments!!!!

cannot wait to see your pictures and the hats!!! :cloud9:

Glad everything is working out for you!!!!

I am bummed out about the hair gel stuff too!! Looks so fun, and something the adults can do! Oh well. I had thought about buying that hair chalk stuff for our trip for fun, but I am thinking Ill be too tired to wash it out each night, and in too much of a hurry to leave every morning to fiddle with it...

Loving your PTR and can't wait to read more :cool1:

THANKS!!!! :cool1: So excited when new people comment on my thread, gives me new PTRS and TRs to go read!! Headed to yours in a moment!

I love those outfits you found at Wal-Mart. Those are adorable. BTW I am super excited for you about Hanson. :cool1:

Haha, thanks, I am sooo excited for Hanson, we have been listening to my CD non stop!

Joining in...Looks like a great PTR. Love the crafts & all!

Our trip is in August, but we have gone in October when the kids were younger. Loved MNSSHP. Enjoy planning and the trip! :)

HI!!! Welcome!!!!!!! :banana:

Ours was Aug last year, and I loved it. I would go again, but I am so excited for the holiday stuff!! Im heading to your TR in a bit!! :hyper:

Prepare yourselves, this post WILL make you HUNGRY!!

Okay guys, I responded to someones post the other day about the snacks they were looking most forward to in their upcoming trips and that got me thinking of mine! I have been keeping a list, and after seeing all the responses I thought of even more and my list has basically doubled, lol... so I thought I would do a post on the snack I am going to get during our trip. No joke, I'm not gonna try, I am GOING TO GET THEM ALL!!! NOM NOM NOM!!! ::yes::

Here we go, first up...

MAGIC KINGDOM

1. The Homemade Ice Cream Sandwich!! This baby is made with two fresh baked cookies of your choice and filled with a hand scooped ice cream of your choosing too!! Found at the Main St Bakery! YUMMMM!

2. Dole Whip!! Duh! This will be had by us many a time, I am SURE! I prefer the swirled soft serve, no float for me!

EPCOT

1. Kakigori! This was not your average sno cone, I don't even know how to explain it, but it was refreshing, fruity and PERFECT!! I WILL eat this again!

2. The American Dream! This just looks nummy to me! Slushy combined with ice cream, sounds like a win to me!

3. School Bread! My hubs is big on pastry-type treats, and he loved this one, so I am sure it is on the list again!!

4. ANYTHING from Karamell Kuche!! Guys, we were only in Epcot once last trip and we could not get everything I wanted. I will eat something from here this time. Not sure what yet though!

5. Mousse Au Chocolat in France! I had my eye on this since before our last trip, but never got the chance to pick one up. Looks yummy-ful to me, I want one!!!

Animal Kingdom

1. The Brownie Paw!!! Guys!!! Guyyyyyyys! This is DELICIOUS! Seriously, I do not know why there are not threads dedicated to this delicious treat!! It deserves the same accolades as all the awesome cupcakes to be found in Disney. The hubs stumbled upon this last visit and I had some and WOW, I wanted it ALL! I'll be eating this again!!!

2. Fried Rice! This was delish, and FILLING!! It was our LUNCH last time, just for a snack credit!! And it is scheduled as our lunch one of our days again. Save your QS credit and order this too!! Especially if you're planning a big meal for dinner like us!

3. The Jalepeno Cheese Pretzle! I have to say, I have heard the reviews, but I was never interested. But I think I am ready to see what the big deal is all about... so I am getting one of these babies!

Hollywood Studios

1. The Butterfinger Cupcake! Boo me for not making it to Starring Rolls before it closed last trip, this mistake shant happen again! I WILL get this!

Food & Wine

1. Cheese Soup! You're going to think I am nuts, but I am not really adventurous when it comes to food, I prefer things simple and comforting, so this is the only thing at F&W I know I MUST get, because I love cheese soups and have heard good things... not to say I wont sample other things, but this is happening!

Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party

1. Spiced Pumpkin Waffle Sundae! For the hubs, I am not big on pumpkin flavored anything, but he is! This looks heavenly to his eyes!

2. Souvenir Popcorn Bucket! Okay, okay, I will admit the popcorn SMELLED DELICIOUS in MK, but I didn't want to get popcorn when there were so many other nummy snacks to be had! But I do love the adorable popcorn buckets offered at the MNSSHP's and I am sure this years will be cute as well, so I plan to purchase it and finally see what the big deal is on the popcorn!

Downtown Disney

1. Mickey Krispie Treat! I wanted one of these SO BAD last time, from Goofy;s Candy Co, and I didn't grab it when I saw it, thinking I could find them in MK somewhere, but I never could fin the one I wanted with butterfinger on it after that. I am having this with butterfinger topping FOR SURE!

2. Hand Dipped Corn Dog! Okay, so this is more a meal than a snack, but it's still on the list so I don't forget about it. Love me some corn doggies, and I hear Disney does them right! Or at least DL does, but apparently the new food truck at DTD features the DL Hand Dipped Dog, and it looks AWESOME!

Various Locations

1. Mini Kitchen Sink! We will get this when we eat at B&C for sure! You get more yummy toppings than in the MK, and we are paying OOP for that meal anyway, so it will be convenient. The hubs is huge on ice cream, and he wants this, and I want the adorable container!

2. Churro!! Can you believe we never tried a Disney churro last visit?! It's hard, squeezing all these snacks in, when you're so full from all the dining, but I will make a way to fit this nom nom in my tummy!

3. Mickey Pretzel! I LOVE me some soft pretzels! It's my movie theater snack of choice, and anything shaped like Mickey tastes even more yummy, so this is happening!! We have a couple days where I am planning for snacks to sustain us longer, without meals, so I am fitting this baby in!

4. Mickey Ice Cream Sandwich! Again, I refer to the fact that EVERYTHING shaped like Mickey is delicious and AMAZING!

5. Mickey Bar! The must-have snack of any good Disney vacay. You cam't pass one of these babies up! Mickey bars for ALL!!

So there you have it folks! My ultimate snack list! I hope to try EVERYTHING on my list again, or for the first time this trip! So much so, that I have the list, organized by location, in my phone, and it is on my daily trip notes to remind me.

I am actually thinking that it would be fun to make a "Snack Passport." I love the ones you get for F&W, but as I mentioned, I am not that adventurous, so making my own is way more my style! I think it would be fun to get to mark off our snacks as we get them, and it would get the whole family excited to try things!

So you know what's coming next right!?!?!? Now that I have you all salivating and craving various Disney treats? Yup, this is the part where I ask YOU to share what snacks are on your must-do list for your upcoming or future trips!! Sharing is so fun! :hyper:

All of those pictures look so good. I haven't tried most of them. Thanks for the list- I think I will add those to my notes.

I am planning on trying to do a snack around the world. We will try to, over the course of the few days that we are at Epcot, try something from each country.

I am also planning on buying some kind of treat that can be taken home from each country so we can have a taste testing party after our trip to make the magic last a little longer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter