Walk in Walts footsteps

aussiegirls

DIS Veteran
Ok guys, so we will be there again in January and I was planning on doing the Walk in Walts footsteps tour.......then I saw the price.

We have done a few of the other tours (our fave is the holiday one which we have done 3 times) and wanted to give this one a try because it's the only one we haven't done that interests us. Why do you think that it is so much more expensive than the others? You don't get any priority seating at any shows/parades do you?

Does anybody have any recent reviews? I know there are some reviews around but I hear that what is included keeps changing so I am wondering if anybody has done it recently and can let me know whats in it at the moment. I know that Walts apartment isn't in it anymore, and I'm ok with that so long as the dream suite replaces it. Please tell me whats so great about it, what's included and why do you think it's so much more than the other tours?

Thanks guys.

We did this tour in 2013 during our first visit to DLR. My whole family loved this tour (my kids were 12 and 10 at the time and it kept their attention span as well), it was so interesting listening to the stories about Walt and the his park. We also got to take a look into his apartment upstairs in the firehouse and we got to go into the lobby of Club 33. We did also get to have lunch during our tour (not sure if that is why the price is higher or not) from the Jolly Holiday bakery (very good food btw). My family is huge into the history of Walt (both his personal life and his accomplishments) so this was a must for us when we visited. I would highly suggest doing this to anyone who has the time to do it during their stay and is a huge Disney fanatic like us :goodvibes.

Note that I just reread the OPs post and noticed that the apartment is not included anymore which is a shame because that was one of the highlights of the tour....knowing that you are standing in the apartment that Walt and his family stayed in while visiting his park (can you tell I love Disney nostalgia :lmao:) was pure magic for us.

Last edited:

We did the tour earlier this month, and it was fabulous. Yes, we were disappointed not to get to see Walt's apartment or Club 33, but the Dream Suite ended up being way more interesting than I had imagined. And getting to walk through the park, listening to stories about Walt and actual clips of his speeches and bits from the '64 World's Fair was a great experience. If you're interested in Walt and the history of the park, I highly recommend it. Also, if you're planning on being in the park on a busy day, this is a great way to spend a few hours without having to stand in lines, and you get to ride a few attractions (we got Alice in Wonderland and the Haunted Mansion, plus a ride on the railroad, but attractions may vary.) And the souvenir pin is really special.

We did the tour last fall and really liked it despite the high temps and very crowded park making it a bit uncomfortable at times. We got to visit the Dream Suite, which was amazing. I know people have a strong attachment to Walt's apartment and Club 33, but I have trouble believing that anyone would be disappointed after seeing the Dream Suite. It was elaborate and immersive, and at times a show unto itself. The focus is still on Walt and his vision, but the presentation is spectacular.

We did the tour last fall and really liked it despite the high temps and very crowded park making it a bit uncomfortable at times. We got to visit the Dream Suite, which was amazing. I know people have a strong attachment to Walt's apartment and Club 33, but I have trouble believing that anyone would be disappointed after seeing the Dream Suite. It was elaborate and immersive, and at times a show unto itself. The focus is still on Walt and his vision, but the presentation is spectacular.

Do you actually get to see the entire dream suite? Like go inside?

Yes. You get a full tour of the Dream Suite with a guide who knows everything there is to know about it. The regular tour guide hands you off to the 'Dream Suite guide' for that last part of the tour. I've seen both Walt's apartment and the DS on separate tours, and while the apartment is truly amazing just because of the history, the DS is not to be missed. It's amazing.

Yes. You get a full tour of the Dream Suite with a guide who knows everything there is to know about it. The regular tour guide hands you off to the 'Dream Suite guide' for that last part of the tour. I've seen both Walt's apartment and the DS on separate tours, and while the apartment is truly amazing just because of the history, the DS is not to be missed. It's amazing.

Wow! Thanks for this information!

I wonder if they are ever going to add the Club 33 and Walt's apartment back into the tour ever again? That would be awesome!

A PP already answered, but I have to add that it's more than just a tour of a fancy suite. Each room in the Dream Suite (including the bathroom!) has an extra little bit of Disney Magic that the tour guide demonstrates for you. It was incredible.

Soooo excited for our tour on Sun. Dec. 20th.
Just a little nervous about getting in to the park on time that morning.
The "Bag Check" area seems to be a nightmare and THEN waiting at the gate to get into the park (LOL - with two teenagers in tow)!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter