Walk in Walt's Footsteps

hmurra75

Mouseketeer
Hope everyone is well! I'm taking a trip next week to DL/DCA just before our passes are set to expire :-)sniff:) and wanted to make this trip kind of special for my 16 year old son.. He's a Disney fanatic and loves Walt's story so was considering taking him on this tour since he's always wanted to go inside the apartment (he takes a picture of the light in the window everytime we go)! But when I read what it includes.. the rides that it also includes are all (but one) going to be down for refurb..

Does anyone know if they just ride other more popular one's or what happens when the train/ other rides are all down for refurb? I think the only one that's going to be up is the Peter Pan one :) so that's better than nothing I suppose :)

Thanks in advance!

I am interested in doing this tour too, so I'm following.
I do have a couple questions too... Sorry for the high jack OP.
My trip is a little over 3 weeks away, is it to late to book? How much does it cost?

It's never too late to try and book... Cost is $109 pp, but you can get a discount with an AP (D or P only), AAA, Disney Visa or DVC member.

My DD and I are taking the tour on Sunday - might get a little wet though.

The cost is $109 - they do offer a 20% AP discount.

I have no idea what changes they are doing with IASW, Club 33 and the railroad down - should be interesting - I hope they at least switch it up some. The big draw though is the apartment - my DD loves Walt - she has read his biography several times and has done a few school projects on him - so we certainly aren't doing it for the rides but anything special would be nice.

I took it last year in Feb when the DL RR and IASW were down. We went on Peter Pan and in the Tiki Room. I was so focused on going into Walt's apartment I didn't even realize we got to go on any attractions, so that was a bonus!

When you call to book I would inquire about what they are doing in place of Club 33. The tour includes lunch and IMO was well worth the cost to go into Walt's apartment alone. How many people get to say they've been inside there? To me, it was a bucket list item and to this day I feel so lucky to have gone in there. It was a very humbling experience.

Thanks for posting this, I'm signed up for the tour in 3 weeks and was wondering what they would do with the majority of the 'usual' perks down for refurb.....

We took the tour this past Saturday. We went on Peter Pan and the Tiki Room. In talking to the tour guide, it seems that they each have some choice in which rides to go on. Each tour guide is different, and will go on different rides if they want to. Since most of the guests are older, the rides generally won't be any of the intense rides.

Club 33 was closed when we went, so the 2 highlights of the tour were the amazing pin, and visiting Walt's apartment. The tour is NOT worth the money if you have no desire to visit Walt's apartment. But if you do, this tour is priceless. I didn't think most of the information the tour guide gave was really worth it, but the pin and Walt's apartment made it worth it to me.

We took the tour this past Saturday. We went on Peter Pan and the Tiki Room. In talking to the tour guide, it seems that they each have some choice in which rides to go on. Each tour guide is different, and will go on different rides if they want to. Since most of the guests are older, the rides generally won't be any of the intense rides.

Club 33 was closed when we went, so the 2 highlights of the tour were the amazing pin, and visiting Walt's apartment. The tour is NOT worth the money if you have no desire to visit Walt's apartment. But if you do, this tour is priceless. I didn't think most of the information the tour guide gave was really worth it, but the pin and Walt's apartment made it worth it to me.

If I decide to take the tour it will definitely be worth it to see Walt's apartment.. my son is obsessed with it and I know it would be like a dream come true for him. pixiedust: But I will definitely ask when I call them about it.

That is funny. I guess my 11 year old daughter will stand out then! Course she thinks I am old!

I just booked this tour today for us in late March. I asked about the rides / attractions that we should expect to go on and he said.....Peter Pan, the Railroad and Mr. Lincoln. But nothing is set in stone. I asked about Club 33 and he said that is touch and go with refurbishments, but depending on the days, some of the tours set get in.

Also, along with the pin is a really nice name tag, I believe. But, like everyone, the real draw the Walt's Apartment. We are excited.....we have an aspiring Imaginear in our family, and this is for his birthday. It is pricey, but I think it will be worth it!

Glad to hear you were told some groups were still getting in to Club 33.... A small glimmer of hope is better than nothing :goodvibes

When is Club 33 scheduled to re-open? I would love to do this at some point, but would love to see Club 33 as well. We're going in May.

Hope everyone is well! I'm taking a trip next week to DL/DCA just before our passes are set to expire :-)sniff:) and wanted to make this trip kind of special for my 16 year old son.. He's a Disney fanatic and loves Walt's story so was considering taking him on this tour since he's always wanted to go inside the apartment (he takes a picture of the light in the window everytime we go)! But when I read what it includes.. the rides that it also includes are all (but one) going to be down for refurb..

Does anyone know if they just ride other more popular one's or what happens when the train/ other rides are all down for refurb? I think the only one that's going to be up is the Peter Pan one :) so that's better than nothing I suppose :)

Thanks in advance!

I booked this tour for myself for next Wednesday. My hubby is in class all day so I'm going solo. I didn't think about the rides being down.

I just booked this tour today for us in late March. I asked about the rides / attractions that we should expect to go on and he said.....Peter Pan, the Railroad and Mr. Lincoln. But nothing is set in stone. I asked about Club 33 and he said that is touch and go with refurbishments, but depending on the days, some of the tours set get in.

Also, along with the pin is a really nice name tag, I believe. But, like everyone, the real draw the Walt's Apartment. We are excited.....we have an aspiring Imaginear in our family, and this is for his birthday. It is pricey, but I think it will be worth it!

Unfortunatley the railroad is down for reburbishment. IASW being down is what makes me the saddest....it's my favorite ride!

My family of 4 will be taking this tour on March 25th. Really looking forward to it!

We are hoping to do this tour the 2nd week of June. Those who are taking the tour soon, could you please post a follow up of what you actually saw and if you got into the lobby of Club 33? If it is anything like the tour in WDW which includes the utilidors, it will be amazing. Have a great time!!!

Did the tour today, we went on Peter Pan and went in Lincoln, no other rides. Railroad, IASW and Club 33 were all bring refurbished, but we knew this ahead of time. There were no special surprises to replace any parts that are not available right now.

Got to spend about half an hour in his apartment though.

Did the tour today, we went on Peter Pan and went in Lincoln, no other rides. Railroad, IASW and Club 33 were all bring refurbished, but we knew this ahead of time. There were no special surprises to replace any parts that are not available right now. Got to spend about half an hour in his apartment though.

Glad to hear you got lots of time in the apartment....! Kind of sad that the other major parts of the tour are not being replaced though :(. We take it in 3 days.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter