Walk in Walt's Footsteps Tour

scasta86

Mouseketeer
Just wondering if anyone has done the new version of this tour which was just launched this week. If so, was it worth the money and time?

I've heard that it's been selling out pretty quickly, so I will have to jump on and book it this weekend.

My DH has done the tour in the past and was fine with just doing it the one time, but with the new perk of getting to see inside Walts apartment we are going to book it for our trip in November.

How far in advance do you have to book this tour?

Also, are they only offered on certain days of the week?

You need to book a month in advance, and pay for it at that time. So, if you're going March 14, book February 14. If you are going Feb 28, book Jan 28. (not 30 days in advance)

I *think* that at this time they are offering the tour everyday.

I'm going on it 9/23, so I'll be able to report back after then. :flower:

You need to book a month in advance, and pay for it at that time. So, if you're going March 14, book February 14. If you are going Feb 28, book Jan 28. (not 30 days in advance)

I *think* that at this time they are offering the tour everyday.

I'm going on it 9/23, so I'll be able to report back after then. :flower:

Thanks for the info! And do report back after you go! I'd love to hear your thoughts!

lurpee said:
Please do report on this.

Oops, my 7 month old sent this prematurely.

I'm thinking about doing this by myself (our whole family is going to do the Holiday Tour). On the website it says that you get a peek into Walt's apartment and someone on a thread said that you get to go into the Club 33 lobby--anyone know what else you might see? Otherwise, I will just wait for Mary Jo's report I guess!
Thanks,
Kerri

Oops, my 7 month old sent this prematurely.

I'm thinking about doing this by myself (our whole family is going to do the Holiday Tour). On the website it says that you get a peek into Walt's apartment and someone on a thread said that you get to go into the Club 33 lobby--anyone know what else you might see? Otherwise, I will just wait for Mary Jo's report I guess!
Thanks,
Kerri
When we did the tour years ago, they allowed us entry into the waiting area of the Club, and we were allowed to take pics in the elevator.

I was able to tour the apartment last trip, and we were shown the living area, explained which couch was whose bed, shown the bathroom with the "top of the line" shower for its time, and explored the outdoor patio. It was a great tour, and for me, the apartment was MUCH smaller than I expected (not sure why since you can look and see the footprint!) Just a heads up, this portion of the tour is not ADA accessible. If you can't climb stairs, you won't be able to see the apartment.

The thought of getting to see Walt's apartment with my own eyes just tickles me to death.

I find him and his genius fascinating.

Just wondering if anyone has done the new version of this tour which was just launched this week. If so, was it worth the money and time?
I did it last Saturday, and I enjoyed it (even in the blistering heat).

lurpee said:
On the website it says that you get a peek into Walt's apartment and someone on a thread said that you get to go into the Club 33 lobby--anyone know what else you might see?
Aside from Walt's apartment and the Club 33 lobby, there are no other restricted/backstage areas on the tour. They walk you around and play you recordings of Walt introducing lands and attractions while talking about Walt's life, the park's history, and attraction trivia. You ride Peter Pan, the Train (from New Orleans Sq to Tomorrowland), and Small World (which my party skipped so we wouldn't have to bake in the sun while waiting to be unloaded).

I'm glad to answer any other specific questions...

How much of the apartment did you get to tour? Did you go out on the balcony and overlook Main St? Did you get to take a variety of pics, or just a group?
We weren't taken out on the balcony, but the fire station is under refurb right now and is covered in scaffolding and a painted cloth "facade." So I don't know if that's something they won't do or if it's something we couldn't do because of the work on the outside of the building.

In the main room of the studio, we had to stay behind a velvet rope, which was put up between the two white columns. And there was a velvet rope a step or two inside the dressing room, but you could see into the bathroom (so 50's, so pink!). And the shower door was open, so we could see the multiple shower heads.

We even got to see into the cupboards and mini-fridge in the kitchenette. Something about that seemed so...intimate. Moreso than the bathroom!

We were instructed to turn off all electronic devices. No photos were allowed. There was no group photo, but our tour guide did take a photo of each party (with a camera from the party) posing in front of the lamp.

Thanks for sharing your experience!

The more I think about this, the more I want to do this!

How much is the tour per person?

We even got to see into the cupboards and mini-fridge in the kitchenette. Something about that seemed so...intimate. Moreso than the bathroom!
Besides the electrical stuff that looked like it would kill you if plugged in, what did you think of the baby bottle!!? My kids couldn't believe bottles were ever like that. I felt so old!

How long is the tour, also?

The Disney website is not exactly a treasure trove of information about their tours!

LizzyS said:
How long is the tour, also?

The Disney website is not exactly a treasure trove of information about their tours!

It is not a treasure trove of information about anything! I cannot believe HOW vague it manages to be. Anyway, I believe I read that it was three and a half hours!!! I'm planning on doing it in December.
Kerri

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter