Walk in Walt Footsteps

aroseinwintr

Mouseketeer
Has anyone done this, this summer?
DH and I are going to be in The Land this November
I really want to do it and see Walt apartment. But I am ok with seeing the dream suite too....:smooth:

The apartment is still not on the tour, but the Dream Suite is and it's pretty great! Club33 is still not on any tours either, and probably won't be again. But WIWF is a great tour to learn about him. They have an AP discount, but there used to be a AAA discount as well if you booked through Costco Travel or Disney Travel. Enjoy! :daisy:

Bummer, I really wanted to see the apartment. But seeing the Dream suite would be pretty sweet too. :yay:

We just did the tour last week. I think if we had a different tour guide it might have been better. He walked too fast and we had to ask him to slow down a couple of times. It was really hard to hear through the ear pieces and we missed a lot of what was said because he was too far ahead of us. It was also very hot and we were not offered a break to get some water. The Dream Suite was nice but you can't take any pictures except one in front of the fireplace. Some years back we got to go into the suite above the Castle at WDW as DVC members and could take all the pictures we wanted. Don't know why they would not let us take any there. If you go on the tour I hope you find it more enjoyable than I did. I will say that the grandkids liked it so that was good.

Last edited:

So What behind the scenes things do they take you to see?
the Disneyland web page says... "Along the way, you will even see a part of the theme park unavailable to most Guests."
And what rides do you go on?
DH is not all that interested with out the apartment so I am wondering if there is something more to the tour that will catch his interest.

I'm leaning more and more towards not doing this unless at some point in time they put the apartment back on the tour as a sure thing.

We did the tour this past wednesday and only rode the train, only partway around the park because it broke down so we walked the rest of the way and Alice in wonderland ride. Jolly Holiday lunch was good but not enough time to eat and we were offered a box or bag to carry the rest of our lunch with us as we toured the Dream Suite. The tour guide said no one will be seeing the apartment in any tour at this time and maybe only the light will left on to give the illusion of the apartment still being there in the future. We did not go behind the scenes except for the Dream Suite. We have found the other tours have given us much more information then this one. We have done some tours twice at WDW but will not repeat this one at DisneyLand

Whoa... Sounds like it isn't as good as it use to be?

I was planning to take this tour on our next trip but if there aren't better reviews, it sounds like it's a waste of time and money.

Any other reviews..... Good or bad..... Your opinions are helpful in making these decisions...

TIA
Geemo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter