Walk-in seating for Cinderella Royal Table?

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by Minnie222, Mar 1, 2013.

1. Minnie222

Minnie222 Mouseketeer

Walk-in seating for Cinderella Royal Table?

Every time slots during our stay were booked. Is it possible to wait for it as a walk-in? Or do they allow it at all?

Would I have better chance with Breakfast?

~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Thanks for all the replies. I now understand it is pointless to walk-in and wait for this place.

Updated March 3rd:
    I got it!! I got it booked!!!
    Someone cancelled it for March 4 (the day I wanted). I booked it right away!!!!!

I will be there tomorrow night!!!
    YEAH!!!!!!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. PictureJumpr

PictureJumpr At Least 'til it Rains

Sorry, but you're probably out of luck.

Especially for breakfast.

The best chance would probably be stopping in first thing in the morning to see about something in an "off" time like 4pm or close to park closing that evening. But realistically, don't pin all of your hopes on it.

4. serene56

serene56 DIS Veteran

with this place having to prepay for the meal-- very unlikly people will not be showing up

5. Cheshire Figment

Cheshire Figment <font color=red><marquee behavior=alternate>Friend

Your possibilities are very slim to non-existent.

6. NightStar

NightStar Earning My Ears

My Fiance and I snagged a walk up the first time we visited MK together. We waited for over an hour, the CMs at the door told us there was no guarantee for us to even get in. After an hour some family was a no show and we got to go in. All the CMs were really excited for us, they said it was not often that this happened. If you reserve CRT they take your credit card and will charge you for not showing up. You are more likely to snag a walk in to a restaurant that doesn't require a credit card number to make an ADR. Is it possible to get a walk up reservation to CRT? Yes, but very unlikely. If you do it, do not get your hopes up and be prepared to wait hours and not get in.

7. JimmyV

JimmyV Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas.

All restaurants experience unannounced cancelations from time to time, and those no-shows are usually replaced by walk-ins. I am sure that CRT is no exception. However, because of the credit card reservation policy, no-shows are going to be less frequent and hanging around the podium hoping for one can be a game with very long odds. There are far better ways to spend one’s time at WDW, (especially if you have impatient kids) than waiting for hours on end hoping that a no-show (of similar party size to their family’s) materializes.

Not that this will help you, but here is a funny walk-in story. About 7 years ago, give or take, we walked up to the podium at Bistro de Paris without an ADR at the height of dinner service. (This was before it was part of the Dining Plan). I sheepishly asked the lovely hostess if there was any way that she could squeeze us in. She looked at her computer and announced that they were completely booked, but that if we were willing to wait 15-30 minutes, she was almost certain that she could accomodate us. I thanked her, and told her that we would wait to see what developed. The very next party that walked up to check in was about to be taken to their table when the hostess reminded them that BdP was not on the DP. The group got all up in her face, said some very unkind things, and stormed off proclaiming that they were not going to pay out of pocket for their meal. The hostess then looked over at me, winked, and said through her smile in her adorble French accent: "Your table is ready!" Apparently, that little episode was one that got repeated hourly at BdP and she was simply waiting for the inevitable.

8. River Country

River Country DIS Jedi

Yeah i agree with all PP. This is not a CC guarantee YOU ACTUALL PAY FOR THE MEAL before you eat it. So i can not imagine that there are many no shows. YOu are better off to keep stalking the cancelation board adn try an snag an ADR. I would not wait an hour for CRT there are much better restaurants to go to. If you have little princesses you should try Akershus in Epcot its cheaper, better, more interaction with the princesses as well.

9. SRiley1985

SRiley1985 Mouseketeer

We got a walk up for breakfast at CRT our very first visit as a family in 2009. It was a rainy day in September and I couldn't believe it. That will probably never happen again LOL!

10. TheRustyScupper

TheRustyScupper Just once, I want to see a liar's pants on fire.

1) Let us define "walk-up"
    . . . walk-up and fit-you-in, no
    . . . walk-up and fill a canceled ressie, possible
    2) We walked up ON THANKSGIVING and got in.
    3) There was a canceled ressie, which we were able to claim.
    4) But, trying to "fit you in" is a no-no if they are fully booked

11. bdklein

bdklein DIS Veteran

We got lucky and got a walk-up for CRT. Party of 4 for dinner. We walked in with a blonde with a blue dress-maybe that helped.

12. Eliza'sMom

Eliza'sMom Mouseketeer

The last time we ate there for breakfast, a pretty big family walked up after I checked in to ask about availability. The hostess said she could take them if they could eat right then. This was in the week leading up to Memorial Day. It can't hurt to ask!

13. DonaldTDuck

DonaldTDuck DIS Veteran

We ate at the castle last Saturday first seating for lunch and they were packed, but we were able to add a joiner to our group. We were a party of 5 that grew to six. The food was fabulous and the princess interaction was amazing. We were 5 adults with a 5yo boy in a tuxedo. Jasmine planted one on him that was still visible when he went to bed that night. We felt that with the pictures(2 sets with a party of 6) and the tip being included that it was an exceptional value.

14. tmmalave

tmmalave Earning My Ears

In 2010, I had early dinner reservations for CRT at 4:00 pm on our first MK day. We had done BBB with my daughter and niece, and Pirates league with my son and three nephews. About 5 days earlier I had confirmed my reservation, we were on the DDP. When we got there, they could not find our reservation. I had the printed confirmation number and still they told us we were out of luck. I was in tears. When the manager looked us up on the computer, and saw that I had twelve days of reservations, he tried to help us (previously he had tried to turn us away). First he said we could go around 7:30, but then he found a table for us (we were a party of 12). The CM that took our reservation failed to put our CC number for the guarantee (we didn't have to prepay because we were on the Dining Plan). It seems the night before, the system did a sweep and cancelled our reservation, and someone else must have snatched it. Our server told us he had never served walk-ins in the 13 years he had been working there....

15. nugov2

nugov2 DIS Veteran

How can they do that if you had the printed confirmation??? They would really do that to a family on their mistake. That is seriously the worst customer service I have ever heard of and coming from Disney and knowing how that would break a childs/families heart.....WOW:eek:

16. Disney_Princess83

Disney_Princess83 DIS Veteran

As others have said, a walk in is highly unlikely. I'd try looking for reservations 24 and 48 hours before you want to dine. People will cancel if they can because you have to pay in full if you're a no show. It's worth checking just in case

17. Aliceacc

Aliceacc <font color=royalblue>We had a wonderful time, but

As others have said, your odds are VERY slim. Can I offer some alternatives?

Dinner with Cinderella and Friends at 1900 Park Fare. Cinderella, the Prince, the Stepmom and the Stepsisters are all there, and stop by for autographs and pictures. The Stepsisters are a hoot as they bicker and glare at Cinderella.

Or any meal (we like a late breakfast/brunch) at Aukerhaus in Epcot. FIVE princesses stop by for pictures and autographs.

At either of those meals, your daughter will fit right in if she chooses to wear a princess costume left over from Halloween. (Figure about 1/3 of the girls there are in costume.) She'll be called "Your Highness" or "Princess" by the princesses there.

Both of these count as only one meal on the DDP, should that matter to you.

18. MissionMouse

MissionMouse DIS Veteran

Only if there is a cancellation. CRT books out, so if you walk up during your stay and get in its most likely a cancellation. Breakfast is the icon of CRT. Lunch and dinner were added later to provide more opportunties for guest. Before they were introduced CRT was a real nightmare. I perceive the CRT Breakfast to be the most popular of the three dining offerings, especially the time prior to the park opening.

I don't know when you are traveling but if this is real important you should try everyday to attempt to grab a cancellation, since peoples plans change. People have medical situtations, job loss, inability to make payments, etc, so cancellation occur. If staying club level, let the IPO know and the CM will try to get it for you. We had an IPO make a mistake with CRT and when they tried to correct it was booked. Prior to our trip they were able to snag a cancellation. I would recommend making an alternate ADR for this time slot and then keep trying to get CRT.

19. firecracker725

firecracker725 Somethin' Clever

:offtopic:This sort of thing happened to us back in May 2010 at Crystal Palace. The guy was extremely rude. When I said that I'd had these reservations for months, he rolled his eyes and said, "Ma'am I hear that all the time." I was mortified, incensed, you name it. But that guy wasn't budging. Wouldn't let me talk to a manager or anything.

I took my confirmation to our concierge at ASMusic, and she called the manager herself who told us to come back the next night around 7pm. We were seated immediately and treated quite well. The manager came to check on us multiple times and the guy who had turned us away came and apologized profusely. (I still dislike the guy.)

20. scard192

scard192 DIS Veteran

That was my thought. If people are being charged for the meal, not just a credit card guarantee would seem very unlikely that there would be no shows. Its one thing to lose $10 pp for a credit card guarantee, another to lose the cost of the meal.

Experiences before the guarantee change might not be relevant now.

21. Minnie222

Minnie222 Mouseketeer

Thanks for all the replies.

I now understand that it is a waste of time to walk-in and wait for a table.
    Essentially it is just like magic if it ever ever happens.

That said, I kept on checking the Dining Reservation online and guess what?
    I GOT IT!!!! The night I want, the time I want!!!!
    Someone cancelled their booking!!!!

I am so happy now. Can't wait to be there!!!!!!!!:dance3: