Walk from PVB to TTC

Dancind

Tinkerbell's Mom
Piecing together a solo trip in October, got 4 nights together at PVB standard. Looks like an easy walk to TTC, especially if I can get the closest building. But the walk to TTC looks like a trail in a green area. Can't actually see the path on Google because it is overgrown.

So my question is, will it be spooky walking through there alone after dark? I will end most evenings at Epcot. So it's either that walk or the one through the Poly buildings from the lobby building. I hate the sound of unknown critters in the bushes!

I think it is spooky on your own. I would stick to the transport in the evening or main lighted areas.

Stayed in a lake view room this past thanksgiving and took the pathpath from the dvc building to the TTC all the time. There are some torches that light the way and at no time did I feel unsafe or thought it was spooky. It is a pretty short walk, closer than the walk from the lobby to the dvc builsing.

We stayed there for Marathon Weekend in January, 8 nights in a standard view studio, requested Moorea as it was close to TTC, not facing the parking lot, and had the laundry in the same building. I timed it, it was a 3 minute walk to TTC, about a five min walk to the main building (moderate walking speed). Yes, its dark at night, however there is lighting, both from tiki torches, nearby parking lot and the TTC. I was there with my husband and a runner friend but walked around several times by myself at night, I never felt unsafe. I did do a night run between WLV and Fort Wilderness a week later and THAT was creepy but had no issues around Poly and the TTC. You will be surprised how close it is, I could have thrown a rock and hit a ferry boat at the TTC from the exterior stairway outside our room!

Jennifer

Just carry a small headlamp, flashlight or use a flashlight app on your phone. It really will be fine. ::yes:: And there are lights along the way too if you forget or don't have any of those. Brightening things up can always make little noises sound less scary though. :goodvibes

Isn't PagoPago closest to TTC? We stayed in Tokeleau twice, but if I have my bearings right, it would seem that PagoPago would be closest. Enjoy!::yes::

We just checked out of a lake view room at Moorea a few days ago. The walk to TTC was a lot closer than to the lobby.

We just checked out of a lake view room at Moorea a few days ago. The walk to TTC was a lot closer than to the lobby.
Yes, all 3 DVC longhouses are closer to TTC than the CRO rooms. I think they all have agreeable TTC walks.

Walked it numerous times in the "dark". In actuality, there are gas lamps (tiki torches) and foot lights along the way, plus light spill from the TTC and the adjacent long houses and parking lots. The darkest spot is about 20' long, and is what I'd describe as an "evening" level of darkness.

The OP mentioned being afraid of "critter noises" in the dark. IMO, the Poly isn't a good resort choice for that. There are a lot of crickets, frogs, and other noisy creatures in the foliage all over the resort. Some of them will even dart across the walkways as you're walking on them, which can be kind of disconcerting at night if you're not used to that kind of thing.

We stayed in Moorea in May and used the path from the TTC many times. Not spooky at all. I wouldn't call it "overgrown", the path was wide enough.

Is the lake view studio worth the points? Can you see the fireworks from your Dvc room?

I've solo'd 3 times in the past year at the Poly and walked back and forth to the TTC. Sure it's dark at night but I never even gave it a thought and certainly never felt afraid.

I find nothing "spooky" at all about the walk from the TTC back to the Poly villa rooms. And it certainly beats waiting around for the resort monorail to come...

Is the lake view studio worth the points? Can you see the fireworks from your Dvc room?
Yes, if you are on an upper floor. If you are on the first floor though you spend a boatload of points to get a view of the bungalows.

I did it once and got lucky with a perfect view. However, I would not do it again. Funnily enough I had a nice view of the fireworks from my room at Tokelau which was at the lagoon end for a whole lot less points

Sorry, just saw this. We were on the first floor, so as stated above you actually get a view of the bungalows with a peek-a-boo of the lake. You can see the fireworks, but not as well as an upper floor room. I guess it was worth it, but I probably won't do it again.

ABSOLUTELY YES! We loved our room, 3032 in Moorea and watched Wishes just about every night from our bed. So awesome. Boat noise took time to get used to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter