Walk from Cabana Bay to parks?

lindalinda

<font color=red>Pull off the mattress and throw it
Is there a map that shows the walkway, how long it is etc? Who has done this? I am thinking about a split stay this christmas 3 days at RP and 3 days there, but haven't really heard too much about the walking distance. I'm not fond of shuttles.

Here's a video from Touringplans that shows the walking path. It takes 15-20 minutes to get from the parks to the corner of property then on to where ever your room is. It's a pleasant walk but most of the times the shuttles are quicker.

Garden.png

We stayed at RPR and started across the bridge towards Cabana Bay to go check it out. We made it about 1/4 of the way and turned back because it still looked to be a ways away. The path also crosses a street at a cross-walk. It wasn't as convenient as a walk as I'd hoped.

We stayed at RPR and started across the bridge towards Cabana Bay to go check it out. We made it about 1/4 of the way and turned back because it still looked to be a ways away. The path also crosses a street at a cross-walk. It wasn't as convenient as a walk as I'd hoped.

Right now, there is the one cross walk there you need to cross a very lightly traveled street. Looking at the Sapphire Falls artist renderings, it looks like they will be moving the path under the road when they extend the canal and boat transportation to Sapphire Falls. I'll admit it's not the most convenient way to the park but it is pleasant.

We just used the shuttle the entire time. Only waited once for a bus (less than 5 minutes) and the trip to the park is less than a 5 minute ride.

I think it's 0.7 miles, which didn't sound too bad, but the day we walked back we were already tired from a day of crisscrossing both parks (Hogwarts Express broke). DD10 thought it was torture, and even I had to admit I regretted the choice. If it had just been my husband and me, I would maybe have walked once or twice on a day we didn't walk quite so much. The walkway itself is lovely. There's a well designed and landscaped pedestrian bridge across the one big road, and frequent benches as you approach Cabana Bay. If you think you want to walk often, stay in the Thunderbird building.

The shuttle was fast. It's a short distance. I thought the buses were less hassle than when we took the Disney buses from CSR.

I think it's 0.7 miles, which didn't sound too bad

Is the actual distance .7 miles or the walking path? The path felt longer going across the bridge and around through the landscape, etc. With the waterway for the water taxi, you have to go the long way around.

I tried this walk. It's not that bad and it's really great if you just want to go over to RP to eat or you want to take a leisurely stroll to the parks. However if you want to get to the parks quickly the shuttle is better. And I wouldn't do it in the middle of the day in summer that's for sure.

The Universal Studios phone line told me that it is a one mile walk from Cabana to the parks. Funny...I am waffling between Cabana and Royal Pacific and keep thinking of the walkway from Royal Pacific to be a plus, but now I remember some hard walks home on that walkway with the 9 year old. The shuttle from Cabana might actually be the advantage!

The Universal Studios phone line told me that it is a one mile walk from Cabana to the parks. Funny...I am waffling between Cabana and Royal Pacific and keep thinking of the walkway from Royal Pacific to be a plus, but now I remember some hard walks home on that walkway with the 9 year old. The shuttle from Cabana might actually be the advantage!

Remember the shuttle drops off at the parking garage hub, not by Margaritaville where RPR walking path begins.

Meaning, you are closer to the gate when dropped off by the shuttle? or you still have quite a walk to go? Thanks! I don't remember all of the layout.

Meaning, you are closer to the gate when dropped off by the shuttle? or you still have quite a walk to go? Thanks! I don't remember all of the layout.

Where you get dropped off is below the center of the main parking garages. So you go up the escalators up to the hub that leads to CW, and both parking garages. So basically from there you head to the beginning of CW with the rest of the park guest coming from the parking garages.

Ok, I did some rough numbers for your walking pleasure.

These are rough numbers and can give or take some feet.:-)

US ending point is center gate turnstile.
IOA ending point is center gate turnstile.

CBR
Starting point at corner of CBR property

Walking to IOA 3653 ft
Walking to US 4628 ft
Walking from shuttle bus to IOA 1945 ft
Walking from shuttle bus to US 1995 ft

RPR
Starting point at pool exit by volleyball beach.

Walking to IOA 2182 ft
Walking to US 3173 ft

HRH
Starting point at pool gate.

Walking to US 1295 ft
Walking to IOA 2313 ft

PBH
Starting point at boat dock.

Walking to US 3945 ft
Walking to IO 4935 ft

PBH Short cut through HRH parking lot and Universal Blvd crossover.
Starting point at boat dock.

Walking to US 2843 ft
Walking to IOA 3824 ft

From CW water taxi
Starting point at center of CW boat dock.

Walking to US 830 ft
Walking to IOA 993 ft

Last edited:
Ok, I did some rough numbers for your walking pleasure.

These are rough numbers and can give or take some feet.:-)

CBR
Walking to IOA 3257 ft
Walking to US 4207 ft
Walking from shuttle bus to IOA 1767 ft
Walking from shuttle bus to US 1866 ft

RPR
Walking to IOA 1560 ft
Walking to US 2362 ft

HRH

Walking to US 913 ft
Walking to IOA 1821 ft

PBH

Walking to US 3448 ft
Walking to IO 4518 ft

PBH Short cut through HRH parking lot and Universal Blvd crossover.

Walking to US 2614 ft
Walking to IOA 3552 ft

Wow, this is great! So many people (myself included) are looking for walking distances from the resorts to the parks - this info should be stickied!

Wow, this is great! So many people (myself included) are looking for walking distances from the resorts to the parks - this info should be stickied!

Maybe bluer can put it in one of the stickied threads since it is asked A LOT!!!

I put the info in my sticky thread , hotel comparison. Also renamed the title to reflect walking distance. I will update the distances to get more precise measurements.

I put the info in my sticky thread , hotel comparison. Also renamed the title to reflect walking distance. I will update the distances to get more precise measurements.

Thanks, Bluer! BTW, what did you choose as the "starting point" of the walk from the resorts - the lobby, the edge of the property, or something else?

There's a lot of interesting info in those numbers. For example, it shows that while HRH is definitely the closest resort to any park (USF), RPR is actually closer to IoA. And the walk from the Cabana Bay bus stop to the parks is actually longer than the walks from RPR or HRH.

Thanks, Bluer! BTW, what did you choose as the "starting point" of the walk from the resorts - the lobby, the edge of the property, or something else?

There's a lot of interesting info in those numbers. For example, it shows that while HRH is definitely the closest resort to any park (USF), RPR is actually closer to IoA. And the walk from the Cabana Bay bus stop to the parks is actually longer than the walks from RPR or HRH.

I'm going to redo the numbers for better accuracy. But for CB I used the street corner at where the walking path begins.

For RPR I choose between the boat dock and entrance bridge.

For HRH I use the entrance to the pool area. As this is a central location the way HRH is laid out.

PBH I use the boat dock.

I have done the numbers before CB was built. People don't realize the lengths involved. This is why we enjoy RPR as overall it's the well rounded option. I might include from boat dock to US or IOA too.

i'll let bluer answer your question but i am assuming that the steps started at the walking path entrance and not a lobby/room, etc.

rpr always has been noted to being the closest onsite hotel to ioa.
if you take the water taxi from rpr to the boat dock, you back track on foot to reach ioa.
to get to the studios, boat dock walk is on the way with no backtracking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter