Walgreens?

Quinn222

DIS Veteran
I've always printed my own photos but once again I am out of ink and it's about $60 for more. I just ordered a ton of prints from Walgreens, I figured it's cheaper and I'll give it a shot. Has anyone else used them? How's the quality?

I am also interested in this. I just returned from a Disney cruise & I have downloaded 1000 pictures! I always print all of the pics I take & put in a photo album and then when it comes to a scrapbook, I print only the ones for a particular page. My printer HP Photosmart 8450 drinks the cartridges when I print so many pics. I've been thinking about burning to a CD and taking them in to a place to be printed. I want the quality to be good but at the same time a good price. So anyone with good advice? :confused3

I have had excellent luck with Shutterfly.com. I buy a package and end of paying .15 cents per print. I like the fact that I store my prints on their server and not taking up space on my hard drive.

For quick picture development, say I take pictures this week and have a crop on the weekend, I'll run to CVS and use the Kodak machine to develop my digital prints.

Stay away from Wal-Mart's service. I had 400 photos to print and was going to Wal-Mart the next day anyway. It took me most of the night to upload the photos, and some of them still never uploaded. The quality was good, though.

Lisa_Belle said:
Stay away from Wal-Mart's service. I had 400 photos to print and was going to Wal-Mart the next day anyway. It took me most of the night to upload the photos, and some of them still never uploaded. The quality was good, though.

Well that wasn't a problem for me, I have a fast connection and uploaded about 800 photos pretty quickly. I'm glad to hear quality was good, makes me feel a bit better.

I know a few people that have had a lot of luck at Costco. I too print my at home and haven't had a large enough volume yet to be inclined to have them printed for me.

I also like to print on 8.5 x 11 sheets of photo paper so I can make my own sizes.

I think I'm going to end up using a mix. I picked up my prints and they look very good. The cost was low and I'm pleased. I think what I'll do is use Walgreens for printing out a set of everything and then if I want any special sizes I'll print them myself. I'll save a lot on ink and paper but still have the option of printing what I want.

I have used Walgreens. They were about 23 cents a picture, but good quality. Mine came back glossy though, and i never told them what i wanted. I just assumed they would be matte. But i'm ok with glossy too. They were good quality.

Target also does good quality for 20 cents a picture. i perfer target over walgreens.

Just my opinion. I would say to check out your local stores though. Do some price checks and stuff before you do any printing!!!

Have fun!

I have used Walmart, CVS and Walgreens and by far Walgreens has superior quality. After a big trip I ususally have about 600+ photos and its no big deal for them to do them. Walmart color is way off and they always come out looking a bit odd.
In the weekly flyer for Walgreens there is usually a coupon for digital prints 19 cents if you buy 50.

I paid 19 cents each and had 20 for free since it was the first time I used them. They are glossy but I'm fine with that. WalMart I will not shop at so they are out. I love Target but the only one near me isn't at all convenient. So for now it's Walgreens or print myself. They are building a Target near my work but so far it's just a big patch of dirt. I can't wait for that to go in! There's also going to be a Michaels :)

I also like Shutterfly. If you buy a prepaid plan, you can get them for $0.12 each, but you have to pay for shipping. I usually get them within a few days, rarely longer than a week - especially if all I have is photos, not any of the other gift type things. We don't have a Walgreens around us and the only other option is CVS and they are more expensive. I'm so far behind with my albums that I don't mind waiting a few days. :)

I have been using Walgreens for a few weeks now and love them! I upload and one hour later I pick up my pictures and they are 19 cents a print! :cool1:

Our Walgreen's opens in 9 days so I haven't tried them yet (how's that for an obvious statement?) but I've had good results with CVS. If you have 50 prints or more they are only .15 each and the quality has always been good. Walmart, on the other hand, has been horrible. The color is never right and they always try to claim it's my camera :rolleyes: .

Coupon, two free 5x7's with a $10.00 print purchase.

2FREEPRINTS coupon valid through Friday, June 2, 2006. Offer limited to two 5x7 prints per customer with $10 print purchase of one or more of the following: 4x6, 5x7, 8x10, wallets or family pack. Offer does not apply toward taxes or shipping charges. Order must be placed by logged-in customer by 11:59 p.m. C.D.T. on June 2, 2006 to qualify. Timing will be determined by Walgreens server clock.

I, too, take lots of pictures with my digital camera. I download them to the Kodak program that came with the camera. I delete the really bad ones, edit the good ones, then save them to a vacation folder on my computer AND burn them onto a CD. I take advantage of sales either at CVS or Walmart to have them printed for my general album. I select the ONLY the ones I want to scrap and print them at home. That way I'm limiting the use of paper and ink. By using Photoshop 20 (a very easy program to use) I can do more editing and cropping. I can print them to ANY size I want to fit my layout or design. I can even crop them into shapes like hearts and circles. I can print small photos as embellishments or crop out and print sections of a main photo as a page accent. I can change the photo to black and white or sepia tone. There are special effects I can add for fun. I can print more copies if I mess up the photo in cropping or matting (which I HAVE done!) Store processed photos only come in standard photo sizes and if you mess one up it's back to the store for another copy.

That's a good idea. I use PhotoShop CS2 every single day as part of my work and I use it at home. If I had a better idea what I was doing with my pages I could use it to print the exact shapes and sizes I want. I'm really good with PhotoShop but not so good at scrapbooking!

DH, oldest ds, and I each have our own digital camera and take TONS of photos. Admittedly, dh is the only one of us who truly takes his photography seriously -- ds and I merely take lots of snapshots. We have used most of the developing services available on-line. While dh uses some much more expensive/professional services from time-to-time, we have found that our local Walgreen's one-hour developing is perfect for most of our needs. At 19 cents a photo, this is a pretty good deal. Also, we've never ever had a problem with the developing quality. Only once did we have a problem up-loading photos to their site, but it was due to a system-wide computer problem. In the fairly recent past, I have used both Kroger's and Walmart's on-line services. At both places, I have had some really great and some really awful quality developing. Most recently at Walmart, 3 separate orders of photos all came out with a very pink tint to them. Clearly something was wrong with the photos. The girl in the photo department noted that there had been a recent problem with their developing machine but she was not authorized to do anything about our incorrectly developed photos -- and clearly was NOT interested in helping. It's such a hassle getting into and out of this Walmart that I still haven't gotten this situation rectified. Needless-to-say, I won't be having any more photos developed there. Our local Kroger has been much better about re-printing photos when the developing is clearly off, but it happens fairly often.

We've had great luck with Walgreens.

Beware of the Target -- their developing varies by store and also what supplies they use varies by store. We had about 500 printed that were HORRIBLE and we asked for our $$ back there. Although the Target in the next town over does a wonderful job.

I've never tryed Walgreens...But did try Wal-mart (and wasn't happy with the results)...Most of the time I stick with Costco...and at .12 a print you can't beat it...PLUS the quality is good...(they have some top of the line developers...at the 1hr spot...not the send it) I've also tryed snapfish and shutterfly both of which I was happy with. The one thing with alot of the developers they'll try and auto adjust color...then things can come back very messed up. I know at Costco they have a "Option" to turn off the auto adjust...which is perfect if you do any work with any photo software programs. And with alot (most) of the developers you'll have a choice of glossy or matt...Glossy is standard for most.....and if you don't specify matt you'll get glossy. :thumbsup2

I have used walgreens before and they have good quality. I usually do online and pick up at the store, however you can only get glossy that way and i prefer matte. Usually only use them when I need them quickly. I mostly use walmart onlince and pick up at the store. I love their prints. I have never had a problem. I ordered cards online for two day service and they were not as nice quality as the ones I did of the same photo on the one hour service.

I have recently tried winkflash and york. The prints were very good quality. Winkflash has 50 free prints with sign up. What a deal. You will need a coupon though. Just google winkflash coupons and you will find them.

Hope this helps
kim

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter