Waldorf Astoria vs. Wyndham Bonnet Creek

roxannex

Maleficenterrific
Hi!
Last year we stayed the Waldorf Astoria for a week and had a luxurious time. My husband is a platinum member so we got upgraded to a nice suite. We were going to return this year, but now I'm wondering about Bonnet Creek. We don't really like to be catered to, and I'd be happy to just bring in groceries so we could eat light during the day, but I did like how nice the suite was at the Waldorf. For anyone who's stayed at both, how does Bonnet Creek compare to the Waldorf? I know one is a timeshare and one is a luxury hotel, but in terms of the rooms, are they similar or different?

Thanks!

I'm not sure how you would expect a room at Wyndham Bonnet Creek to compare to the Waldorf; they are on two very different tiers! We own through Wyndham and although the Presidential units are very, very nice, it's not a Ritz, Waldorf, or Four Seasons. The 5 star resorts serve a completely different clientele. When we go to Orlando, we will stay either in a WBC Presidential Unit or use our DVC points to stay at one of the deluxe resorts. On a vacation like Disney is, it's nice to have a refrigerator with drinks, wine/beer, snacks, and a living room to relax in. I can eat BBQ with my hands and even lick my fingers without being ashamed. I don't have to worry about being perfectly dressed, which fork to use, if my makeup is perfect, and all the other expectations that being at/dining at the Waldorf entails. It sounds like from your post that you are fine with getting some groceries and taking it easy on vacation but if you are expecting anything more than essentially self service, you will be disappointed.

Thanks! I knew that one is a timeshare and one is a luxury hotel, but I was wondering about the quality of the rooms. We actually only ate at the pool at the Waldorf and had breakfast a few days because we used AMEX FHR to book a few days. I like staying at nice places on vacation, but all of the little costs at nice hotels begin to get annoying after a while. We did really like the pool at both the Waldorf and the Hilton. I priced things out and because we can use Hilton points to pay for a few days, it's actually a lot cheaper for us to stay at the Waldorf, so I think that's what we'll be doing again. But all of the different pools at WBC are tempting!

If you have HHonors points, why don't you book a suite at the Hilton Bonnet Creek that is next door to the waldorf?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter