• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Waldorf Astoria cheaper than yacht club

Mynamewastaken

DIS Veteran
OK I decided I want to stay at YC and decided to bite the bullet and pay 426.00 for the night. It is a one night special trip and I just really wanted to stay here. Then poking around still trying to find a better deal I found with aaa can stay in a Disney View room at the Waldorf Astoria for cheaper than yacht club. WWYD I've never been to either and have wanted to try both.

We stayed at the Waldorf earlier this month. The hotel is beautiful, at least on the inside. Not really a fan of its outward design. The rooms are great and the bath amenities are up-scale La Occitan IIRC. Although the Waldorf is technically off Disney property, you probably wouldn't even realize that if you didn't know. Its really close.

When comparing price, keep in mind that the rate listed for the Waldorf does not include the resort fee or parking. The resort fee includes coupons for two beverages in the Peacock Lounge, which is a nice place to people watch. We didn't partake of the pool facilities but it looks beautiful. We love Bull & Bear at the Waldorf and dine there probably twice a month.

It depends on what your plans are. If you are just hanging out at a resort, Waldorf is fine. (Honestly it feels like a convention resort). If you are going to a park (especially EP or DHS) and want lots of dining choices and a Disney feel, YC is the way to go.

We stayed at the Waldorf and it was incredibly boring and transportation to the parks was terrible. We could barely get a cab to AKL for dinner one night.

If you want to save a little money, you may want to check AAA rates for Swan/ Dolphin. It's right next to YC and the location is much better than Waldorf.

The only way we'd pick Waldorf is if we needed the extra room of a suite. You can sometimes get a really nice suite for the price of a Disney deluxe room. I've found that once you add in the resort fee, parking fee, rental car fee etc, it's really not that much cheaper- usually.

Yes, be sure to add in the $25 resort fee on top of the posted rate. Then decide which is a better deal.

I know which one I'd pick if I was deciding but resort is more important to me than location and really the location for the Waldorf is really good.

I don't know. I just know I'd never pay rack rate for any resort. I'd either look for one offering a discount, or as mentioned the Swan or Dolphin. Maybe on of the DTD hotels? IMO no WDW hotel is worth $426/night. I'd have a hard time choking that down.

Can't walk to Epcot though. If I were looking for a resort to hang around in, I'd take the Waldorf in a second. However, if you're going to the parks, you may prefer onsite.

If it were me, I'd look into the Swan over the YC, if you're going to the parks. The rooms are just renovated and look wonderful.
If you're not going to Epcot, then the Waldorf looks lovely.

I am guessing that the Waldorf doesn't have charge-to-room privileges, along with resort delivery of purchases, EMH benefits, complimentary parking at the parks??? Those are some conveniences we make use of, I'd miss them at the Waldorf.

I am guessing that the Waldorf doesn't have charge-to-room privileges, along with resort delivery of purchases, EMH benefits, complimentary parking at the parks???
Correct. If these are important to you, the "cost" of these should be part of your decision.

Last edited:
As others have said, what type of trip are you looking for? We loved the Waldorf, we stayed there for a quick anniversary trip. gorgeous and luxurious and sorry but Disney's housekeeping has been lacking and I'm getting sick of the crappy excuses like "housekeeping doesn't have time to clean properly, or I don't worry about a little dust".

I don't do package delivery, charge to room or many of the so called perks so they would not factor into my decision.

Basically, I don't do disney "deluxe" unless I use my DVC points. I simply don't feel they are worth the money they charge.

We are staying at the Waldorf in February. I have 4 dc and while the youngest is under 3 I just can't squeeze us all into one room anymore. I was able to get a suite at the Waldorf for less than a standard room at the Yacht Club. We have stayed at the YC and I love it, and other deluxes as well, but it is just not practical for us with a large family. I am doing the princess race and they provide transportation to the start which is a plus. We are probably not doing parks everyday and are hoping the weather is warm enough to enjoy the Waldorf and Hilton pools.

Got a marketing eMail that for a limited time (72 hours) the Waldorf is offering "up to" a 30% discount on stays for the following nights:
  • December 8-10
  • December 13-17
  • December 20-25
  • January 2-4
  • January 8-9
  • January 16-17
  • January 21-24
  • January 29-30
  • February 5-7
  • February 10-14
  • February 18-29

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter