• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wal-Mart stopping price match

daughtersrus

DIS Veteran
This morning's news had a segment about Wal-Mart discontinuing price matching at many locations.
The website says to check your local store. I'm going to call the one that I shop at most often and see if it's one that is no longer going to match prices.

The only things I bother to price match at Walmart are usually things that aren't eligible for Savings Catcher like new released movies or video games. They stop matching those and I'll just head over to Target or Best Buy. (or pre order on Amazon) Otherwise the Savings Catcher does a decent job and I just let that money build until I need/want it. It's actually a handy mini savings account.

Well for me, the savings catcher doesn't catch a lot of sales at other stores that the cashier will price match to. I will have to look into this.

I love the savings catcher, tbh. If you shop at Wal-Mart frequently and are not using it, I highly recommend you sign up for it at their website.

The savings catcher only checks a few of the large chain stores in our area. We have several others that it would take match but the cashier will. Also, it won't match produce, meat, deli or general merchandise but the cashier will. One store in our area always has either rib-eyw or strip steak on sale each week for $3.98/lb. Needless to say, we eat steak at least once a week. If they stop matching, I'll go there instead since it's only a block way from Walmart

I would think price matching is very labor intensive (I dread being behind someone price matching at check out). With Walmart trying to raise wages and not doing great right now I'm sure they are looking for ways to cut expenses.

I also love savings catcher.

Well that would suck! I'd have to go back to running all over town, which I would to save a buck. The only reason I shop at Wal-Mart is the price matching.

i tried price matching once, they wouldnt do it. I do it at target all the time...

I hope not. I alway price match produce. I don't really like running to different stores just to get the best deals, but I will if I have to.

At my local Walmart, there's a sign on the register at Customer Service that says no more price match as of August 1.
Don't know if there are similar signs at check out registers

I've pretty much stopped shopping at Walmart. Their prices have gotten so high here and sales are non-existent. The savings catcher only catches a few things and it's cheaper for me to watch sale prices and shop elsewhere. The other problem with savings catcher is that it only matches on sales. Many items are cheaper elsewhere every day.

Was near a Walmart and decided to get Zootopia. They said they don't price match Target. I checked on their website and it stated that many Walmart are no longer price matching but you wouldn't know till you go tonthe store and ask. I'll just stick with Target. They are much more transparent than Walmart.

The walmart I was at this weekend had a sign up at the register we no longer price match but have lowered prices on thousands of items. Lol. They are going down the tubes

I checked on their website and it stated that many Walmart are no longer price matching but you wouldn't know till you go tonthe store and ask. .
I don't see anything on their website about this.
http://help.walmart.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/31/~/walmarts-price-matching-policy

I was in 2 Walmarts yesterday, technically in 2 different cities, no signs there. Never used it, any of the items I buy regularly is always lower priced at Walmart. Still baffled how Walmart can be $1 gallon cheaper on milk than everyone else when they buy through a middleman, and the 2 big store chains here own their own dairies.

I don't see anything on their website about this.
http://help.walmart.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/31/~/walmarts-price-matching-policy

I was in 2 Walmarts yesterday, technically in 2 different cities, no signs there. Never used it, any of the items I buy regularly is always lower priced at Walmart. Still baffled how Walmart can be $1 gallon cheaper on milk than everyone else when they buy through a middleman, and the 2 big store chains here own their own dairies.
How much is milk there? It's $1.80/gallon where I live and I think Kroger is cheaper than Walmart.

One of the local Wal Mart supercenters stopped price matching, but the local Wal Mart market is still doing it. I suspect that the lower volume stores will still price match, but the high volume stores will stop it.

For us, Wal Mart seems to have the best prices. There is a local cost plus 10% store that used to regularly beat Wal Mart, however the cost plus store raised their prices and now its no longer a bargain.

Wal Mart's milk used to be over $4.00 a gallon here. Its gone down to $2.45 a gallon, which is the next best price in town. The best price is at our local Costco, which is $1.85 a gallon. The other stores that sell Milk price there's over $3.00 a gallon.

How much is milk there? It's $1.80/gallon where I live and I think Kroger is cheaper than Walmart.
Is that for a half gallon or gallon and what kind of milk? I will have to check my receipt when I get home, I think it was $1.80 for a half gallon of non-fat

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter