Wal-Mart price match

I agree with the people who said they would not expect Walmart to match the price of food items that were not exactly the same. I would expect them to match things like Oreos, Yoplait yogurt, Kraft Cheese - things like that. Not meat from their meat counter, deli, or fresh vegetables. OJ would be one they could price match if it's a brand name like Florida Natural.

My Walmart won't price match perishable items- so meat, deli, dairy, that type of thing. Anything else is fair game with prices in the ad.

The cashier said "Wal-Mart doesn't really price match. They just say that to get people to shop there"

:lmao:

Wal Mart is a joke as far as groceries go. Their produce is awful and over priced. You can get much better deals at your regular grocery store, just shop the ads.

We live in Arkansas which is the home of Wal Mart and it seems everyone is brainwashed into believing that Wal Mart is "lowest price" when it is just not true.

We try our best to stay out of there and buy our groceries at our local grocery store.

WOW ~ I have always had wonderful luck! I have taken as many as five ads in to match! It takes a lot of work... before going I highlight the ads, and then do a list, seperated by store, and then seperate the items in my cart(s), and then only place the non-matched items up first and let the cashier know to please NOT ring anything up past here as they are all price matches! I do this every time and have never been questioned nor turned down! I have even did it with Kroger brand cheese packs... I just chose the closest I could find on their shelves and they matched it! Maybe ours is just exceptional but I think not! It takes a lot of work and organization... both before, and while shopping, as well as whjen ringing up the items, but it is worth it! I have even had them match the prices from Office Depot (on Mead tablets) and for places like Walgreens and CVS... not just other groceries. They have never refused any!

Sometimes, it totally depends on what cashier you get. In my Walmart, I have had great experiences where they pricematched everything without blinking an eye, and then I have had ones who act as though I was taking money out of their very own pocket, even telling me that I couldn't get a certain can of Chef Boyardee b/c that wasn't the one in the picture, even though the ad stated ALL Chef Boyardee was on sale.

Mine won't do B1G1F unless the price for the first item is in the ad. Bi-Lo used to put their prices in their ads, but for some reason stopped doing that, so now B1G1F's are useless for pricematching. They have done store brands though.

I'll tell you another reason that I shop at Bi-Lo more than Walmart. There is NO quick trip to Walmart. It seems that even if I want a loaf of bread, I have to park WAY out, walk through that HUGE store, wait in those LONG lines and trek back to my van. With Bi-Lo, I park near the store, run in and run back out. Even though part of it is probably just my perception, going to Walmart is just too major of an event sometimes.

As a side note....Bi-Lo here in Chattanooga still offers to take your groceries out, but I do it myself b/c I never have cash on me and don't want the bagboy to think I'm too cheap to tip, lol.

Lori P. :)

That IS the only exception at our Super Walmart... they will not match the BOGOF ads or the BOGO1/2 off type ads... everything else is fine!

Same here. On things like milk, if it's a store brand to price match, they will match it with the Wal-Mart store brand. I've never been refused.

Also, while I despise going to Wal-Mart for the many reasons posters have mentioned (crowded, long walk to parking, long lines, etc.), I do save there. There've been times when I just didn't feel like dealing with Wal-Mart (like on a Sunday afternoon) and decided to go to another grocery store. My bill for the same items was over $40 more :eek: ! After a few times of that I decided it was worth it to spend the extra hassle with Wal-Mart.

A new grocery store just opened a couple of blocks away so we'll go there for short trips like milk (only if they have it on sale) and for produce, which is actually cheaper than Wal-Mart. Otherwise, it's gotta be Wally World as much as I dislike going there.

That IS the only exception at our Super Walmart... they will not match the BOGOF ads or the BOGO1/2 off type ads... everything else is fine!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter