wal-mart disney

beast/del

Mouseketeer
Do they have a wal-mart close to disney? Where is it. I always forget to pack something. Wal-mart is a must on a 13 day trip to disney.
:earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsboy:

Yes there is a Wal-Mart. I think there's one Kissimme.

Yes, I believe the only one is the one on 192. It's VERY busy, especially on Saturday evenings when villa renters are stocking up...they were practically sold out of milk, cereal, popcorn, beer and water, the parking lot was a nightmare, and the store was filled with very cranky tired families...not sure why the whole family has to go, but our whole family went too, LOL! There's also a big disney souvenir section where we bought lots of cheap t-shirts for the little ones. This map might help. I'd say it's about 15-20 minutes from WDW.

http://www.kissimmee-us192.com/map/Map6/Kiss192map6.htm#6btm

Yes, the Wal-Mart is on 192. We just spent a week at a villa right near it. Just Take 4 west (towards Tampa) take the exit for 192 east. You will be on 192 east for about 10-15 minutes depending on traffic. As sson as you pass Medieval Times the Wal Mart will be there on the same side as you are traveling. It is a super center so they have food etc.
Have a great time!!!
:smooth: :wave:

There is one on John Young Parkway also.
Your best bet is to go to the WalMart site and use the store locator.

we use the one on John young parkway and when entering we enter from sand lake and when exiting we exit onto John young much easier then crossing over so many lanes of traffic

there is one on Osceola Parkway next to the Florida Turnpike. It is a toll road, probably cost $1.25 each way.

It is only a year or two old. Just take the Kirkman exit off I-4 and go north about a mile. There are tons of Wal-Marts in the Orlando area. I am surprised so many people think there is only one!

Are all these Wal-marts Super Walmarts with food? We go to 192 due to food but would love to find a more pleasant store and hopefully less crowded. One of the managers who was helping me find something told me that the Super Wal-mart on 192 is the busiest store in the country and I believe it. NO matter when you go it is busy!

Which of these Walmart stores sells toys? My daughter wants Bratz dolls in abundance and they are on the Walmart website but I don't know which stores will sell them.........

Also I want a Walmart with a photo centre

Anyone know ????

I would suggest using the Super Walmart on the Osceola Parkway. It is identical to the one on route 192, but is less crowded. We went to both recently, and I don't suggest using the one on route 192 on Saturday mornings, unless you like a really crowded place to shop.

With Thanksgiving upcoming, the one on route 192 will become even more crowded.

If you don't want to go to the one on 192 (and I will say it is very crowded unless you go late at night or early morning) then I would suggest the one on Osceola Parkway. The Osceola Parkway one is a SuperWalmart. It is well worth paying the $1.25 toll each way. And it does have a photo center in it.

the Walmart on John Young Parkway. It is a super Walmart with a grocery and while it gets crowded I've never had to wait to check out. It is also close by to a Costco (5-10 minutes) where we pick up film, gas, and prepared foods. This is a great location if you are near SeaWorld or the new Grande Lakes Marriott and Ritz Carlton. It is also on the road to and from the airport 528??.

David

Highland Lass,
We went to the Walmart on John Young Parkway last December. Big, busy with a pretty quick check out. We got totally lost coming out of the parking lot. I think we must have gone out on Sand Lake or something, took forever to get to I4. It was at night and dark. We felt stupid trying to get back to the highway! Anyway, the Walmart site has a great store locator. Walmart in our town has the mother load of Bratz dolls, I'm sure you will find an abundance in Orlando.
Good Luck,
Gretchen

Thank you Gretchen for your help.
Hannah has noticed a Bratz limo (!!) on the website that she wants. Its ONLY 2 feet long !!!!!!

How come a doll gets a limo !!

Can you tell me is the food cheaper at a super Walmart than a Publix? We don't have a super Walmart where we live.
I will be one of the Villa people looking to stockthe up.

I am so glad to hear about more Walmarts! I've already been dreading going to the one on 192 due to the craziness!

We will be stopping for a quick grocery stop, after we leave our cruise. Is anyone in the area familiar with which one will be closest for us, on the way back? We will be staying at the DD area.

Thanks for any help!!! :teeth:

It is a super Mal Mart and is located about 500 yards west of the intersection of the Florida Turnpike and Osceola Parkway. If you are driving and returning from the cruise on the Bee line (SR528) you could go south on the Turnpike and then get off at the Osceola Parkway exit, go right(heading west), then go two stop lights, take a right into the parking lot.

From that Wal Mart you take a right out of the parking lot, continuing west on the Osceola Parkway, crossing over I-4 and taking a right at the next stop light at the Wide World of Sports (I believe it is Victory Way) intersection to the road to DD.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter