Waking up Tinkerbell!!!

obnurse2003

<font color=green>I'm going to wear my ball gown a
We were at WDW Sept 22-26th! After our Princess breakfast at CRT, we went to the little shop right outside the castle called Tinkerbell's Treasures. My daughter was the first child in the store and got to wake up Tinkerbell. She was so thrilled and got a Certificate of a Magic Moment ( 8X 10). It was a great memory for her.

If anyone ever gets the chance, go to that shop first thing in the morning. They open at 9:00 I believe. It's really cute!!!

We just had good timing and luck that morning!:Pinkbounc

Please describe this...I've heard about it before but I can't imagine what it is or how it is done. What is the Tinkerbell? How big is she? I'd love to be able to picture this better!

Thanks!

Congratulations!! If it weren't for these boards I would never know about all these special extras that happen to people! :)

So how do you wake up Tinkerbell?

WOW!! was this on the morning of the 22nd? I am asking because after WE had breakfast at CRT on that morning we happened to walk in that shop and saw a girl waking up Tink! Was it your daughter! :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Ruby

My dd got to wake up Tink back in Nov. It was great! We had just eaten at CRT ( so both dd's were in their princess dresses). Dd got to tap on Tink's box with a wand and the pixie lights started to light up around the room. Waking Tink is on both dd's to do list for our New Years trip!

Is Tink an actress, doll. . . ? I know others on these boards would love to here the details of this event! :) Please fill us in. TIA!!

There is a little treasure chest in the corner of the room, my daughter stood on a tall chair/step ladder and used the wand. She tapped on the chest 3 times with the wand, saying "Wake up Tinkerbell, Wake up Tinkerbell, Wake up Tinkerbell. "

Then, there is a BIG cluster of lights that leaves the chest and flies around the room. All during the day, you can hear and see Tinkerbell fly around the room (she is not a doll, just the lights, but really neat and the sound is a "tinkling" sound as she flies from one point of the shop to another). She flies into a tree and then out and into a lamp.

It's neat. You hear the sound all day in the shop as she flies. I wasn't sure what to expect either for sure but it was a "magical moment".

My daughter did this on the 26th. Someone beat us to it on the 25th. So keep trying!

That sounds so wonderful!! Thank you for explaining it so well! I hope I get to see this!

WOW what a wonderful experience! My dd would love it.

My dd (9) and dd (12) would love to do this on our next trip, but I'm thinking they're too old for it - better that a little one gets the magical moment. Or do you all think it would be OK, if there aren't any little ones waiting to do it?

Schmeck

My daughter just turned 9 and thought it was the BIGGEST deal. She keeps telling EVERYONE about it and we framed her certificate and hung it in her room. She may not believe that there was a real fairy in the store, but magically, she was truly amazed!!

RubySlippers - actually it was my DD10 you saw do it on the 22nd!! She had on a Lizzie McGuire t-shirt and DD3 was dressed as Cinderella.

We got to MK before opening, for the first time. Our goal was to actually get to the Christmas Shoppe first to decorate the Christmas tree. Rushing over, we were the first guests to the rope at Liberty Square, they had not done the rope drop yet. We waited and DD10 participated in that.

To our disappointment, the Christmas Shoppe didn't open until 11:00. We wandered back over toward Fantasy Land when I happended to to think about waking up Tink. I assumed by this point someone else would have done this. Nope! DD10 brought home a certificate stating what she had done.

We went to Universal on Wednesday and sat in on a taping of Slime Time Live. It airs today, with us in the audience and my DD10's friend participating in one of the games.

;)

Eyeors Girl-----

I read in your post about decorating the Christmas Tree at the Christmas shop. I have never heard of this before. Can you explain about this.

I'd like to hear about decorating the Christmas tree too!

Whaddya mean about Tinkerbell being lights! Do you mean to say it's not the real Tinkerbell?? Where's your imagination? It's the real Tinkerbell to me - the very same one that flies from the castle before the fireworks!!

Ann.

I am so thrilled to get to share a bit of Disney knowledge that I've picked up here & there (but mostly here!)!

The Christmas Shoppe at MK's Liberty Square is the place to go. Apparently, the first child in the store each day gets to decorate their Christmas tree. Although we didn't get to do this, we stopped by later in the day to take a look. It's a small tree, decorated with Disney-type decorations. The child's name is displayed on the tree all day, and if I understand correctly, the child also gets a free ornament to take home.

There is no need to rush to the shoppe at opening, the store hours are 11:00 - 6:00.

Good luck!!

:earsboy: :crazy: :earsgirl: :earsgirl:
(That's me, second from the left!)

Thanks for all the info guys. Im going to surprise my sister when we get down there to wake up tinkerbell. Is there anything else like this that happens at the other theme parks as well.

Thanks again!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter