Waking Sleeping Beauty

Cool! I want to go see it, but looks like it's only in the NY Metropolitan Area for 1 showing?! Can't believe that's it. Oh well. Might have to wait for the DVD to come out. Thanks for sharing. That's what I love about the Dis Boards, you always learn something new! :thumbsup2

Yeah, I've wanted to see this for a while but it only shows up in a town for a little while for one or two showings.

I'm hoping it will come out on DVD soon.

If you get the chance to see it, please do. It's fantastic! My daughters and I were fascinated by all the behind-the-scenes trivia and footage they had. It tells a really interesting story about a part of Disney history that is sometimes overlooked - the power struggles any big corporation has, etc. A GREAT documentary!

Yeah, I've wanted to see this for a while but it only shows up in a town for a little while for one or two showings.

I'm hoping it will come out on DVD soon.

The Boys: the Sherman Brother Story is finnaly being released on DVD at the end of November. It was reelased to theaters in the Spring of 2009, so we may have to wiat another year or so before Wakign Sleeping Beauty comes out on DVD. -- Suzanne

Oooh.

Google is my friend.

Looks like Amazon.com says it's coming out on DVD on November 30th, 2010. And I'll be at WDW that day..........oooh, wouldn't it be cool if there was a launch event or something down there.

As this really isn't a DVC topic, I'm moving it to Rumors and News.

I saw this a few months ago at a screening in NYC and really enjoyed it! I thought it was a really interesting look at that period in Disney animation, and was really well put together and executed. I'm really looking forward to seeing this again on DVD! Definitely try and see this if you get a chance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter